Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2001 4:49:30 PM EDT
Hey, sorry if you thought I was referring to the book, I have a technical question about the movie.  The only reason I am asking this question is because the movie the art of war *wesley snipes* was a fairly good movie for firearms, so I am going to assume it is accurate.

In the last scene of the movie, snipes forces the bad guys suppressed beretta 92 to point at a 90 deg angle with the tile floor, with the muzzle against the tile.  He then squeezes the trigger and the bad guy *dont mind me being to technical* gets injured by something hitting him in the face.  

My question is, what the hell hit him?  Is there something about firing a gun into the gound with the muzzle touching the ground that causes that kind of thing to happen?

I kept thinking snipes was lucky he didnt just press the gun complete down on the tile.  On the beretta, if you apply enough force against the muzzle to move the slide, the gun wont fire.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it was shards of the tile floor that hit the bg. Did anyone else notice that the tricked out Mini-14 had a see-thru scope mount, but no scope?

Kyle
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Did anyone else notice that it was very pro UN taking the world?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]
That is why I have it on video!

Kyle
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#4]
on dvd  around minute 31 the flash hider falls of the weapon when they are in the suburban trying to get his fingerprints..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top