Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2011 5:55:43 PM EDT
Question for fans of the show. I remember seeing a few episodes back in the 90's, but it's weekly air time conflicted with my work schedule at the time. It seemed well done for it's time and I've been wanting to see it in it's entirety for some time now. I've been thinking of picking up a copy of the complete series on DVD, as I know it's been out in this format for awhile now. My question is, is there a newer and better release version available(better picture/bonus features/commentaries,etc.) or am I okay with an older release version?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 1:56:43 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, there were two different releases. One a "Best Buy Exclusive" and the other was a general release. Both are the same feature (none)  and picture wise.

I remember reading somewhere that the original production company (Hard Eight) was all set to produce some making of features and commentaries, but FOX basically told them to fuck off.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 3:47:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. You can pick em' up new for $20 to $30 new in the wrapper now. Just wanted to be sure I didn't buy an old version release not knowing they just came out with a new super exclusive way cool collectors version.
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#4]
What a great show. Too bad it crapped out. "Sugar Dirt" and "Who Monitors the Birds" are a couple of fav episodes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What a great show. Too bad it crapped out. "Sugar Dirt" and "Who Monitors the Birds" are a couple of fav episodes.

Loved those ep's too,  

Don't forget "The River of Stars"(Christmas Special),  "Pearly" is another personal fav and "The Angriest Angel" was totally bad-ass!

Kristen Cloke aka...Capt. Shane Vasen was my favorite on the show.  I hated the way they ended the season...I wept

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:12:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Dont forget Lt. Col Raymond Thomas Butts.............."Ray Butts" and also "The Enemy", "Hostile Visit" and "Stay With The Dead"............there wasnt a bad episode of this show
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I couldn't help myself...Started watching them again,  already up to "Never No More".  

Every eppy is awesome,  they'd never air them on TV today,  what a shame
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Who Monitor's The Birds....

I haven't seen that show in a loooooong time! Thanks for bringing it up. I think I am going to have to pick it up...
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy hell, forgot about this show.  Saw it on Sci-Fi probably a decade ago, they were doing a marathon when I home sick.

Netflixing now, will watch this week.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Kristen Cloke aka...Capt. Shane Vasen was my favorite on the show.  I hated the way they ended the season...I wept.

I avoided weeping by adopting a state of denial. I was just about over it when Firefly came along...

I'm taking a break from my SG1 marathon by watching a few S:AAB episodes. Somehow they seem better than I remember them.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Cyclone, That Ultraman pic must put you in your 40's at least.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#12]
prepare for a good laugh when you see the Babylon 5 station on the menu screens
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
prepare for a good laugh when you see the Babylon 5 station on the menu screens

holy 90's tv show's, I was JUST watching my Babylon 5 DVD's
Link Posted: 2/4/2011 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep

Quoted:
Cyclone, That Ultraman pic must put you in your 40's at least.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I picked up a copy of the series. Although the tight budget shows thru here and there, overall it was a great series. Damn I wish it had gone on for a few more seasons. It's well worth the thirty bucks it cost me. By far better than most crap that makes it out over the air waves. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy. The last episode bummed me out, especially knowing there would be no more.

I'm thinking I need to get the complete series set of Farscape next, or maybe start on collecting the Babylon 5 series. Decisions, decisions.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#16]
If you catch Amazon at the right time, you can find the Farscape set for just over $50. It doesn't include The Peacekeeper Wars miniseries though.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I've seen it on wally worlds website for about $63.00 plus tax if you use site to store.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Finally coughed up the dough for "Farscape- The Complete Series" and I of course I had to order along with it "Farscape- The Peacekeeper Wars" the movie wrapup of the series. How could I not, that would just be...crazy!  I ordered them off the Wally World website and used the site to store delivery option to save on shipping. The series cost $62.96 and Peacekeepers cost $8.96 plus sales tax. Pretty decent price for four seasons, a disc of extra features, and a 2 disc collectors edition of Peacekeepers. I just picked them up a couple of hours ago, and will start watching tonight. Whoohoo!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I netflix'd the episodes a while back. I never saw the second to last episode when they originally aired.  When I watched it and the idiots gave away the secret attack to the enemy, I was hoping they would all get hung or airlocked.  They all should have been killed for treason.  Way to F over the human race, you idiotic pieces of shit.  Ruined the entire series for me because the dumbasses couldn't follow orders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top