Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2002 3:27:26 PM EDT
I have two Nokia digital cell phones and they are about 3 yrs old. I am looking to change phone service and went to speak to a salesman about the new plan. I told him I have these two phones and he said that they could not be reprogrammed and were not compatible with their service. He stated that phone technology, like computer technology is changing at such a fast pace and new things come out about every 6 mos.
Is this a bunch of crap just to get me to buy two new phones and service contract?
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Get new phones! 3 years is an eternity in cellular technology. My provider gives me a free replacement phone every two years. And yes, it's a Nokia (Verizon is the provider).
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Gus...now what do I do with the phones?
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks Gus...now what do I do with the phones?
View Quote

Easy! Take'em to the range. They should be visible at 100 yards!
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Ursus....   I took my 2 year old nokia in to get turned on a few months ago also...  

Cingular cellular...  they told me it would cost 2 to 3 times in cost for minutes to
program and use my Phones...  for 20 bucks they sell a newer refurbished Nokia, includes charger and new glass and box...

Prepaid,  30 bucks .. good for 3 months...  works out to 30 cents a minute on weekdays and 10 cents after 9pm and on weekends..  I use mine only when I have to....

Here's the kicker !!!    The new phone I just bought will be obsolete in another year...  they are going to a European Broad band soon....    

I threw my old phones in the trash....!!!!   [:)]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Realist, man it's a shame to waste two phones. I also use it only when I absolutely have to.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top