Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 8:20:49 PM EDT
So, on Friday April 30th, I put in the mail an envelope from NC to NYC, containing a post office money order for a watch (to a company, not individual).  I also paid for 3 day delivery.

Is it too early to be getting curious as to why I dont have it yet?  I've emailed twice to get a tracking number or some confirmation and got neither.  Can I go to the USPS and have them check to see if the money order has been cashed in yet?

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal, I'm looking at it right now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep in mind that the merchant could actually have up to 30days to ship the product to you under FTC rules.

What is the Mail or Telephone Order Rule?
The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.

Link www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/mailorder.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top