Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/13/2004 12:13:54 AM EST

I heard a rumor a while back that the Return of the King DVD set would include more than forty minutes of new footage, not seen in theaters - pushing this film over the four hour mark. I almost bought the Trilogy DVD set a few days ago at Wal-Mart, but I couldn't find anything on the box about extra footage, so I didn't end up buying it.

Does anyone know if the footage is there? Just curious. I will probably end up picking it up anyway sooner or later.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:16:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 12:27:13 AM EST by Burley]
Extended Edition. Last release date I saw was 12/14.

Buy the EE's rather than the TE's. Especially if you're a LOTR geek.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:20:35 AM EST
Thx Burley, I was wondering the other day when the EE version was ever going to be released. I have been refusing to buy the ROTK until that version comes out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:24:23 AM EST
I went ahead and got the TE when it came out in May. I was dying to see it. Buy it and the EE and get a $5 rebate.

I'll do that and then sell my TE on eBay.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:32:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By AvengeR15:
I heard a rumor a while back that the Return of the King DVD set would include more than forty minutes of new footage, not seen in theaters - pushing this film over the four hour mark. I almost bought the Trilogy DVD set a few days ago at Wal-Mart, but I couldn't find anything on the box about extra footage, so I didn't end up buying it.

Does anyone know if the footage is there? Just curious. I will probably end up picking it up anyway sooner or later.

The boxed trilogy as it's released on DVD right now doesn't have one iota of additional footage. To get that, like others are pointing out, you'll have to buy the Extended Editions of the movies. Only Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers have been released in that format thus far, with Return of the King slated for year's end.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:48:43 AM EST
Closer to an hour of extra footage on the extended box version, Burley is right on release date!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:51:51 AM EST

Outstanding. Hopefully, there will be a set of all three EE versions available soon. THAT'S the one I want.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:07:54 AM EST
Netflix.....DVD burner.......Netflix.........DVD burner.........
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:23:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:
Netflix.....DVD burner.......Netflix.........DVD burner.........

I buy DVD's almost as much for the packaging.

The LOTR EE's have some of the best packaging I've seen.

All three EE cases are different colors. IIRC, the TE cases are also different colors.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:45:14 AM EST
I'm in for the EE if they didn't add anything to the God-aweful never-ending, ending. Unless of course they go into Sam in the Shire further like the book.....
Top Top