Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 6:18:48 PM EDT
I got a flyer in the mail from American Federation Of Police + Concerned Citizens, advertising a badge that says "Concealed Weapon License Holder FLA", and it comes in the leather wallet that also has a window pocket for the permit. It says it's for if someone spots your weapon you can show them you're licensed.
 I'm ordering it, but wanted to see if there was any negative LEO reaction to it. I checked their web-site, and couldn't find it mentioned on there at all.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Dork factor very high on this, not to mention the chance you may be seen as impersonating LEO. Leave home without it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Universally frowned upon by LEOs, for good reason . . . the badge is designed to give an impression of a LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL!

It will make the sheeple feel more comfortable if you expose the gun accidentally. HOWEVER it could easily lead to charges of "impersonating an officer" in many jurisdictions, resulting in large legal bills and a possible stay at the "gray bar hotel".

Your choice, but not something that I would recommend to anyone!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. That's why I like to ask, especially when it's something I've never heard of before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top