Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2004 9:48:45 AM EST
I write with my right hand, i first shot left handed, now i shoot both and they feel the same
I dont really have a dominate foot, they feel the same for things like kicking or running.
But my eyes are wierd, i will do the eye dominance test and if i do it 6 times, making a circle with my hand and opening my eyes to center the object of view i will end up with my right eye winning half, and the left eye winning half.
I can shoot with eyes open and have immediate accusation shooting left handed or right handed.
I just wondered if this is normal? Because people always talk about having a dominate eye, and mine are the same..
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:50:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:59:41 AM EST
FREAK!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:00:16 AM EST
Consider a career as a trick shooter
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:24:02 AM EST
How does the eye dominance test work? I'm curious.

Other than my eye dominance which I have no clue about, I'm kind of weird. I usually shoot left handed but I can shoot right handed, I can only write left handed, I can only throw right handed, I can eat and blow my nose with either hand, and I can kick a little better with my right leg but am OK with both.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:27:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 11:29:17 AM EST by System_Message]
Try to count the black dots and let us know what you get.
http://eyetricks.com/0101.gif

Are the lines straight or crooked?

http://www.eyetricks.com/0102.gif
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:29:53 AM EST
It's called being ambidexterous... not just manually, but in all respects.

I have a couple odd things about me... I shoot rifle and pistol right handed, but I think I'm left eye dominant. I shoot a bow left handed. Weird, but that's the only way it feels right.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:33:05 AM EST
I thought this was going to be about dominating people with your eyes.

Too bad, that would be cool.

Bilster
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:09:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:
Some people can do that. You're one of the lucky ones.

I have heard that having a dominant eye actually aids in your ability to be able to target something. It allows for finer monocular coordination. I can't think of an advantage for not having a dominant eye. Lack of having a dominant eye is common among dyslexics and can lead to visual problems. The correlation is that the corpus callosum is responsible for fine eye movements and it's malfunction is one of the causes of dyslexia.

On a totally different dominant issue, I can not use a phone while listening with the right ear. It feels awkward and makes it hard to focus. I am not sure why other than it just being a freakish trait.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:14:53 PM EST
How are you doing the dominant eye test?

The best way is with both hands making a very small hole (by the web of your hands near your thumbs) that you can barely see through and look as something small far away. Then very slowly bring your hands back toward your face. Which ever eye you end up going to is your dominant eye.

I'm cross eye dominant, left eyed and right handed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:19:28 PM EST
I shoot pistols with both eyes open in order to aquire potential targets. We used to train for a variety of shooting scenarios. Included was simulating an injury; forcing you to employ your weapon with the other hand.

This was excellent training - not everyone can be as lucky as the author of this thread.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:32:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 1:41:28 PM EST by SO-COM]
Are you ambi-dexterous when you write as well? Had a friend that when he wrote notes in class, one hand would get tired and he'd swap and use the other. Both were ledgable.

BTW: my results varied. a slight tilt of my head to etheir direction changed my usual left eye dominance to a right eye. Weird too, because my right eye is much weaker in vision. If I purposely try and focus on something with my left eye by looking to the right of the object and moving my eye back, then reversing it and doing it with the right eye, I can see a noticable difference in the clarity. My left is near 20/20 while my right is near sighted.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:35:31 PM EST
Top Top