Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2001 4:43:48 PM EDT
Ok, it's been awhile since I've dealt with the whole large pin/small pin issue. I'm looking into buying a Colt SP-1, large pin. Is it the large or small pin lowers that are compatible with your standard mil-spec type uppers like Bushmaster, etc.?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 4:52:17 PM EDT
My Bushmaster has small pin.
I guess if Bushies are mil-spec, then mil-spec is small pin too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 4:54:03 PM EDT
I have a colt A1 upper with a large hole that I'll trade for anything similar with a small hole. It has no forward assist or brass deflector. It does have a new Wilson 16" heavy barrel.

What I did is have a friend make me a bushing to fit in the large hole in the upper, but apparently, the hole in the bushing has to be offset a few thousandths, lest you end up with a gap between upper and lower, and feed problems, like I did. I either need him to make me an offset bushing or trade it for a small hole upper.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 4:56:19 PM EDT
You're going to need to use an offset pin to mate your large hole lower to any of the small pin lowers out there. Occasionally, if you look hard enough, you can get lucky and run across a large hole upper for sale.
 I think you can order these offset pins from BM.  I think I've got an extra you can use if you need it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 5:06:56 PM EDT
I have a large hole upper for trade!!! Right here! Large hole upper for sale or trade! I'll take $200 or a small holed upper for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top