Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/12/2007 7:13:47 PM EDT
When did you know your marriage was over?

Seriously.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:21:15 PM EDT
After the third marriage counselor told her if she didn't change the marriage would end. Actually I knew it before then, I just went along with it so I could some how try to have a clear conscience knowing I would be leaving my kids behind.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:21:23 PM EDT
Tough question to answer. For me, it was analogous to the camel's-nose-in-the-tent story. I was not the best husband in the world, that's for sure. I guess when I started sleeping elsewhere and she didn't ask where I had been, you could say that it was most definitely over at that point. However, it was probably over many days/weeks/months before that.

It's over when you stop caring if it's going to end.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:21:31 PM EDT
When she starts really nit-picking and finding fault with everything you say and do. She starts to act alot differently towards you. When you have been with someone for awhile, you can just tell. Especially if someone else has come into the picture.
He is the greatest thing since sliced bread and you all of a sudden become mud.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:22:37 PM EDT
I been divorced twice, and its rough to tell...

But I have learned one thing from it. If you feel you have to chase for attention or whatever, then it is over.

What are the symptoms you are having?

-V
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:27:01 PM EDT
When I caught her cheating...and she repeatedly lied about it. Then add insult to injury, she ended up flying out to see him twice within weeks of the divorce, If either of you do not want to try and work it out, it does not get better.

If there is someone else involved with your wife..she will lie about him and say he is only a friend, even after talking with intimately for months.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:30:03 PM EDT
Two years in on six years of hell.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:30:05 PM EDT
When your wife treats you like shit for months, then tells you that she "isn't where she wants to be and you aren't going to be able to get her there".
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:34:13 PM EDT
I ignored the signs for a long time thinking that I could change enough to make things better. Turns out that the more I changed/improved, the more unhappy she got. I just kept thinking that eventually we could work things out. I wanted things to get better because we have kids and I wanted them to have a stable home life. It turns out that she had decided we were getting divorced a long time ago, and then told me we needed a second separation. Her terms were ridiculous and impossible to meet, so I told her that I couldn't accept them. Now I'M at fault for us getting divorced.

If you suspect that she may be considering a divorce, you should get a lawyer. By the time most guys figure that out she has already divided up the stuff and planned how to spend the alimony. Good luck, and welcome to the new and improved American values.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:44:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2007 9:19:59 PM EDT by Alaskacajun]
NEVERMIND...

- Clint
Top Top