Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2001 3:02:47 PM EDT
Everyone is pretty clear on the circumstances of the Holocaust and how terrible and sick it was. Jews around the world, since the Holocaust, make a VERY large point in not letting anyone forget what they experienced in the 40's at the hands of the Nazi's. I have no real complaint about that. It was a historical moment that shouldn't be forgotten, and should be learned from.

For the Jews, the Holocaust is frequently resurrected on many levels, from their own experiences 50 years ago, to reparations for the lost wealth taken from them, to their claims to Israel, to any other issue even remotely related.

One would think, given this propensity to "never forget" or let anyone else forget for that matter, that the Jews would be acutely sensitive to similar experiences of others who have experienced forms of attempted genocide also. After all, if anyone is able to speak out against such crimes against humanity, it certainly would be the Jews, right?

Why is it then that when something similar occurs, in say, Cambodia under Pol Pot, the attempted genocide in Rwanda of 800,000 people or the situation in Bosnia there isn't a peep out of the Jewish communities? Does it only matter to them if it's Jews being mass murdered?

Now I'm sure that someone here is going to point out a "peep" from the Jews in response to some of these events. However, considering how incredibly vocal and active they are towards their own experiences 50 years ago, I would think that they would be the first to speak out vigorously, to act against vigorously, to provide aid or sanctuary vigorously to those who are experiencing or have experienced attempted genocide. Why such repeated silence from those who understand the horrors the most clearly?

I'm not suggesting any particular course of action on the part of the Jews. I'm just wondering why they appear so self absorbed regarding their own experiences and don't reflect any real concern if something equally as horrible happens to another group.

No, the numbers of the murdered are not the same, however, in total, millions and millions of various groups have been killed in genocidal actions. Why is it that those who never forget, never speak up if it's someone else?
-------------------------------------
***This is not intended as a flame, though I'm sure I'll be branded a total hate-monger for just bringing it up.***
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
M4-
Get a map. Find Israel. It's the tiny little country with its' back to the sea surrounded by MUCH larger countries. Every one of these much larger countries, with the exception of Egypt, is technically at war with Israel.

The answer to your question is, they are BUSY.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]

[blue]Fuck you and you "patience"...If being a moderator gives you some semblance of purpose, so be it.
But the cartoon fit. Eh?
[/blue]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice to see you have such an extensive collection of jew-hater cartoons.
You're a real winner, huh sport?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]
What is that there in the distance?  I can barely make it out... it is kind of square with a half oval piece on top.... I believe it has the word Master on it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

[blue]Fuck you and you "patience"...If being a moderator gives you some semblance of purpose, so be it.
But the cartoon fit. Eh?
[/blue]
View Quote

[size=6]??????[/size=6]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#6]

[B]WILL CHECK IN HERE [/B]

I AM AN AMERICAN! -

wELL ACTUALLY 1/16 nATIVE aMERICAN - REST IS
pOLISH / LITHUANIAN - PARDON THE CAPS/ SPELLING
[:g]

wE ARE AL IN THIS TOGETHER GUYS !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top