Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2005 5:46:48 PM EDT
The Veterans' Memorial that my high school built and maintains is having a heck of a time keeping the POW flags up and running.  We originally had four, but are down to three, all of which need repair after last night's wind storm.  They are being torn right out of the grommets.  The stitching constantly needs repaired.  In short, we need some quality flags.

I got a call this morning while I was out of town, from a veteran wanting me to fix the flag because it was hanging from one grommet, after last night's winds.  I had the only key in town, and had to wait until I got home this evening to go replace it.

I just ordered a couple from the United States Flag Store on line.  I have to have a couple quick to replace what I have left.  I don't know if these will be any better.  They say they are double sided nylon, with heavy canvas and brass grommets, made for outdoors, but I think that may be what we have now.  The Wyoming and U.S. flags are holding up fine.  The U.S. flag especially; it hasn't needed fixed in six months!  I didn't order these flags originally, and haven't had much luck getting info from the guy who did.  

Can someone post a place to order a quality flag that will hold up to high wind?  Obviously, being a school, and a non-profit org. I need a decent price for a double sided 3'X5' flag, but will consider any price under $50 if you have experience with it standing up to elements well.  I think I paid $33.00 each, including shipping for the ones I just ordered.  

Thanks for the advice in advance!

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know of a source off the top of my head but here's a BTT while I look around.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#2]

I bought a Texas flag from these folks back in the 70's.
Very well sewn, quality materials.
Give them a try, they may even have a solution for your specific needs.

Dixie Flag Manufacturing Company
1930 N. Pan Am / PO Box 8618 / San Antonio, TX 78208
Toll-Free (800)356-4085 / Fax : (210)227-5920
E-mail : [email protected]

DaddyDett
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top