Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 6:47:41 PM EDT
 I have a Qhau-Rail Handgaurd on my dissipator carbine. I did it when I had every other type of AR there was and thought it looked cool. Is there any advantage to it tough? Everybody who picks it up says it's heavy though.. I don't think so...

BTW. it's not a lightweight handguard, Yankee Hill with a heavy BBL.... Eotech, A3, Vltor...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on mine, and I agree it's really front-heavy.  I am seriously thinking about replacing the upper with a mid-length and scrapping the rail altogether, or trying to find a lighter (but certainly more expensive) rail.

Is there a central listing somewhere in this great forum of available quad rails, relative prices, and weights?  It would be nice to be able to compare them side-by-side.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have one on mine, and I agree it's really front-heavy.  I am seriously thinking about replacing the upper with a mid-length and scrapping the rail altogether, or trying to find a lighter (but certainly more expensive) rail.

Is there a central listing somewhere in this great forum of available quad rails, relative prices, and weights?  It would be nice to be able to compare them side-by-side.

Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top