Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/3/2006 10:01:54 AM EDT
The following qoutes are from devout members of the religion of peace.  I am not making any comments of my own, these qoutes are taken from a printed news report by the Associated Press.  Here is a link to the story:   http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183686,00.html

#1  "Whoever defames our prophet should be executed," said Ismail Hassan, 37, a tailor who marched through the pouring rain along with hundreds of others in the West Bank city of Ramallah.

#2  "Bin Laden our beloved, Denmark must be blown up," protesters in Ramallah chanted.

and my favorite
#3  "If they want a war of religions, we are ready," Hassan Sharaf, an imam in Nablus, said in his sermon.

and one more for the road
#4  "We are ready to redeem you with our souls and our blood our beloved prophet," they chanted. "Down, Down Denmark."

I am not trying to speak bad of, or make derogatroy comments about another religion, just sharing information.

Note that these statements come from a completely rational people that belong to a peaceful religion.    
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The following qoutes are from devout members of the religion of peace.  I am not making any comments of my own, these qoutes are taken from a printed news report by the Associated Press.  Here is a link to the story:   http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183686,00.html

#1  "Whoever defames our prophet should be executed," said Ismail Hassan, 37, a tailor who marched through the pouring rain along with hundreds of others in the West Bank city of Ramallah.

#2  "Bin Laden our beloved, Denmark must be blown up," protesters in Ramallah chanted.

and my favorite
#3  "If they want a war of religions, we are ready," Hassan Sharaf, an imam in Nablus, said in his sermon.
and one more for the road
#4  "We are ready to redeem you with our souls and our blood our beloved prophet," they chanted. "Down, Down Denmark."

I am not trying to speak bad of, or make derogatroy comments about another religion, just sharing information.

Note that these statements come from a completely rational people that belong to a peaceful religion.    

Fuck yeah.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#2]
These are just isolated incidents.
Islam is the religion of peace.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
These are just isolated incidents.
Islam is the religion of peace.

That is what I keep hearing.

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

and there you have it folks, "a completely rational people" that would rather kill you than anything else.

bring it on fuckstains
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#5]

not this again..
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Careful, there seems to be people around here who just love the RoP....

Speaking any truths about the RoP will get the thread locked.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I forgot to add this one to my original post.

From the same story.  "An imam at the Omari Mosque in Gaza City told 9,000 worshippers that those behind the drawings should have their heads cut off."

Remember, peace and love for thy fellow man, the teachings of this religion.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an idea, lets list all the good things about islam.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Islam, religion of peace.

My "solution", as many of you can guess, would have me banned from ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It would be a short list.

I will start.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#16]
umm yea, because this is much better...

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Careful, there seems to be people around here who just love the RoP....

Speaking any truths about the RoP will get the thread locked.....

I have no way of knowing to whom you are referring, but we have this thing called the Conduct Code.  The FIRST rule of it is:

Conduct Code

1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature

Our hosts demand all posts and threads not break any of the rules contained in the Conduct Code.  The "fun thing to do" has been religion bashing so far today.  So far I have only locked one account for making a "kill them all" post.  My patience is strained to the limit with one thread after another provoking and antagonizing violations of rule one.  Violate it at the peril of your posting privileges here (not pzjgr in particular--this refers to everyone who is thinking of jumping on the band wagon).  

Well, I should have put the winkie face in, I was being a little sarcastic....but I have seen posts locked where I wonder exactly what crossed the line.

The rule is a bit broad, what constitutes derogatory comments is what it boils down to....

Truthfully, I wasn't posting in relation to anyone in particular...it just seems the RoP, which by statements from within itself tends to make clear they consider us enemies, therefore it is not illogical to consider them the same, seems to get a lot of breaks around here...

Lets face it, muslims are out there making some pretty harsh statements, and if someone here at ARFCOM simply turns their statements around, and says something along similiar lines, it tends to get things locked.

I understand the need for rules, but maybe what we need is more consistency. But I know too, that mods don't neccessarily catch every thread or post right away....

Ehh, I just try to think a little harder before I post with some subjects, which I am passionate about, and have my own beliefs on....I don't want to get booted!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Conduct Code

1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature

I did not make any derogatory comments about this particular religion.  Nor did I call for "killing anyone", or the bashed the religion in anyway. I am just passing information along to other members of this forum.  I just posted statements that members of this particular religion made themselves.

If posting statements made by members of a specific racial, religious or sexual group for informational purposes is breaking Rule #1, please explain to me an others how this is.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

[crickets]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#22]

#3 "If they want a war of religions, we are ready," Hassan Sharaf, an imam in Nablus, said in his sermon.

When the fuck are they going to realize that this has nothing to do with religion.  They are the one's who want to make it into a "Religious war"

Why can't they understand that we don't discriminate as to who's ass we're gonna whoop.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bet I know how this ends. Nice to see some things never change...

Check the first few pages for locked threads.  Religion bashing is the "really cool thing" to chest thump over today.  The internet bluster winds blow strong today.  

As fun as it may be to qualify everyone's feelings on the subject as "chest thumping", you'd be wrong. There is no pride in feeling as I do. There's just no ignoring it....and there are plenty of like minds on this board that make the occasional expression of how I feel worth doing from time to time.

I'm not sure who or what you qualify as "chest thumping"...if it's even a thread such as this. What I can tell you is that the filthy truths surrounding this subject should never fade from memory.

The CoC does preclude bashing of religious things. Unfortunately when religions bash themselves through the actions of some of their followers, it's forbidden to express and direct rage simply in the form of text here. I do my best to abide by those rules, I respect the owners of this site and their wishes, but whole heartedly disagree. I can live with that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bet I know how this ends. Nice to see some things never change...

Check the first few pages for locked threads.  Religion bashing is the "really cool thing" to chest thump over today.  The internet bluster winds blow strong today.  

Go figure...

Wings and beer at 5:00, I'm buying if you can make it here by then.

I'd take you up on that offer if you were closer.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#26]
The recuring theme of these threads is the expression of frustation on the part of individuals who see the double standard for what it is.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#27]
I hope you will all join me in celebrating a new religion I am forming.

Our central tenet will be the use of force, murder, and evil to spread our influence.

We will especially enjoy cutting off heads.

I'm thinking of adding a cannibalism component.

Oh, and maybe virgin sacrifice too.  What the heck.

Remember, criticizing the established doctrine of my new religion is not allowed here.   You will be banned.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Without further comment on religions etc, I just have to say....

www.archives.gov February 3, 2006  

The Bill of Rights: A Transcription

Note: The following text is a transcription of the first ten amendments to the Constitution in their original form. These amendments were ratified December 15, 1791, and form what is known as the "Bill of Rights."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Our central tenet will be the use of force, murder, and evil to spread our influence.

Remember, criticizing the established doctrine of my new religion is not allowed here.   You will be banned.

Can we wage yippeeyeehad (religious war) against all those who refuse to follow your new religion?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Omar Ahmad (Click Photo)
Co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations
President and CEO of Silicon Expert Technologies. A Palestinian who grew up in a refugee camp in Jordan.

"Those who stay in America should be open to society without melting, keeping Mosques open so anyone can come and learn about Islam. If you choose to live here, you have a responsibility to deliver the message of Islam ... Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."  - Omar Ahmad

Nihad Awad (Click Photo)

Executive Director
Former Public Relations Director for the Islamic Association of Palestine (IAP).
A Palestinian born in Jordan and now a U.S. citizen.

"I am in support of the Hamas movement." - Nihad Awad

"CAIR does not support these groups publicly."
(Hooper comments on CAIR's record of supporting Hamas,
Hezbullah and other official terrorist groups)

"I wouldn't want to create the impression that I wouldn't like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future...But I'm not going to do anything violent to promote that. I'm going to do it through education." 
- Ibrahim Hooper
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can we wage yippeeyeehad (religious war) against all those who refuse to follow your new religion?

Ok I'll join,  only if we can promote our new religion as being one of peace, love and kindness to our fellow man.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Peaceful religion, that's an oxymoron no matter which one you seem to be talking about eh?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Peaceful religion, that's an oxymoron no matter which one you seem to be talking about eh?

who you calling a moron ......foul!!!!!! you've commited a blasphemy against our NEW NEW religion - off with your head
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok I'll join,  only if we can promote our new religion as being one of peace, love and kindness to our fellow man.

The key is striking the proper tone between overt acts of violence, on the one hand, and pleatitudes of peacemaking (not genuine of course), on the other.   But the most important aspect is to maximize rightious indignation at whosoever might criticize our new venture, and to rely heavily on people inclined toward moral equivilancy to take our side whenever criticized.  I believe Lenin called such supporters (who we will later murderize along with everyone else) "useful idiots."   See, e.g., Cindy Sheehan, Michael Moore, Sean Penn, etc., etc.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The key is striking the proper tone between overt acts of violence, on the one hand, and pleatitudes of peacemaking (not genuine of course), on the other.   But the most important aspect is to maximize rightious indignation at whosoever might criticize our new venture, and to rely heavily on people inclined toward moral equivilancy to take our side whenever criticized.  I believe Lenin called such supporters (who we will later murderize along with everyone else) "useful idiots."   See, e.g., Cindy Sheehan, Michael Moore, Sean Penn, etc., etc.

OMG - You are the long awaited prophet of the New New Religion - all praise to gonzo the beloved.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#40]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks like a religious post ....

IBTMTTRF!

trouble maker
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The recuring theme of these threads is the expression of frustation on the part of individuals who see the double standard for what it is.

Well, there you have it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Dieter, excellent point.
the aforementioned RoP
1.  Denies that the Holocaust ever happened.
2.  While at the same time wishing that Hitler had been a little more effective.
3.  Doing the exact same thing.

While most of western society (some people on this board excepted) see the holocaust as a tragedy with few paralleles in history, the muslim world see it as both hoax and model for the future.

Now, to the earlier question.
the five pillars of islam
1.  Belief in one God
2.  Haj, pilgramage
3.  Prayer
4.  Alms for the poor
5.  Fasting for Ramadan.

Don't really have a problem with any of those and I myself follow all five in my own unique way, save my pilgramage was to jerusalem and I fast at Yom Kippur.

the RELIGION doesnt believe in what you stated (about the Holocaust), this is just a view of some of them....just as the view of neo-nazis doesnt mean its the viewpoint for all Americans/Christians/whatever....  im sorry but I know some muslims and their not planning to blow up buildings, bayonet babies, hijack planes or anything of the sort.....sorry to spoil your party
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dieter, excellent point.
the aforementioned RoP
1.  Denies that the Holocaust ever happened.
2.  While at the same time wishing that Hitler had been a little more effective.
3.  Doing the exact same thing.

While most of western society (some people on this board excepted) see the holocaust as a tragedy with few paralleles in history, the muslim world see it as both hoax and model for the future.

Now, to the earlier question.
the five pillars of islam
1.  Belief in one God
2.  Haj, pilgramage
3.  Prayer
4.  Alms for the poor
5.  Fasting for Ramadan.

Don't really have a problem with any of those and I myself follow all five in my own unique way, save my pilgramage was to jerusalem and I fast at Yom Kippur.

the RELIGION doesnt believe in what you stated (about the Holocaust), this is just a view of some of them....just as the view of neo-nazis doesnt mean its the viewpoint for all Americans/Christians/whatever....  im sorry but I know some muslims and their not planning to blow up buildings, bayonet babies, hijack planes or anything of the sort.....sorry to spoil your party

As far as you know...........
And the 9/11 cockroaches were just nice students here to learn and have a better life.
blah...blah...blah....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Hi Dieter!

Quoted:
sorry but I know some muslims

Wow, good for you.  The plural of anecdote is not data!

and their not planning to blow up buildings, bayonet babies, hijack planes or anything of the sort.....sorry to spoil your party

And you see into their heart, how?

Tell you what, read the Koran _and_ the Hadith sometime, and then ask yourself whether your friends believe in what is contained therein.

If they do, I'm worried about them and where their loyalties lie.   Maybe they're not actively involved in a plot.   But if history is to be any guide, they won't tell authorities if they should hear of one, and when we need help rooting out the "extremists" they will sit on their hands.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I really wish all muslims would stop being cowards and pussies and raise up to smite us infidels (believers of God's true religion and the true path of righteousness.)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top