Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 7:05:02 AM EDT
my dad is a diabetic, has been for the last thirty years, he is 78 now. He keeps it under control to the point that he does not have to take insulin shots.  Anyway he has been throwing up this morning and I was wondering if this sounds  like it could have anything to do with the  diabetes that would need to be taken care of by a physician?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:07:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Please have him talk to a doctor.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
From a fellow diabetic-  Usually the throwing up will not be diabetes related but at your fathers age even something like the flu or some other viral illness will be serious.  The throwing up can rapidly lead to dehydration if not checked quickly.  Get him to a doctor or medical facility soon.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
When you are 78, it could be anything. Old farts also dehydrate real easy.  So I would take him to the doctor really soon.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
From a fellow diabetic-  Usually the throwing up will not be diabetes related but at your fathers age even something like the flu or some other viral illness will be serious.  The throwing up can rapidly lead to dehydration if not checked quickly.  Get him to a doctor or medical facility soon.

+1
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with the responses you've received so far.

Also, if your father is using a Basal insulin, have his doctor consider the new one that just came out -- Levemir -- which has many benefits and advantages over the current Basal insulins on the market.

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top