Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2002 4:30:54 PM EDT
If your firearm(s) is insured would you consider it to be registered? For those who don't insure their collection why? I ask because I believe once you give up the info on your collection or single firearm who knows where your name might show up? Am I paranoid?
[):)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, No....no, yes... done of your business.

You can put those answers in any order you want...

Simple answer isn't it.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess it matters where your paranoia lies.  Are you afraid that your "information" will get in the wrong hands and cause you problems, or afraid that you might have your prized collection stolen with no way to replace it.

I have had experience with the latter.  Fortunately I had a good insurance policy.  I won't ever be without one in the future.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
E1,
Do you insure yourself?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I am insured. Doesn't the NRA offer some kind of insurance? Are they worth looking into?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I had been insured when I had my pre-ban AR, AKs, custom shotgun, Glock, Berretta, Cobray M-11, Ruger, 4000 rounds of ammunition, and storage locker full of hi-caps stolen.

But on the other hand, it is a common investigation tool for detectives to check an insurance company's records for clues to any crime they might be investigating.  Additionally, I would bet the insurance company would computerize the information, including any serial numbers provided.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Your stuff is probably insured through your regular home-owners policy, without giving anyone a list of what you have.

If you want a personal article floater, that is a different story, with it's own pros and cons.  I spent some time researching both methods, and posted the results here a couple months ago.  I don't have time to search for the topic, but it's out there.

Check your policy, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Life Member of NRA, insurance there. However, I keep most of them locked in a 1500 pound, drill proof vault, in a location that took 6 sober men and a piece of machinery to get there. Has worked for me for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#8]
The "ArmsCare Plus" that the NRA offers does not require you to give serial numbers. If an individual firearm is over $1500 then they require a description, not a serial # though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The "ArmsCare Plus" that the NRA offers does not require you to give serial numbers. If an individual firearm is over $1500 then they require a description, not a serial # though.
View Quote

Money well spent.   [bounce]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#10]
It's also only $14.00 per $1000 of coverage.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top