Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 8:57:34 AM EDT
Man Killed With Fork

There is no reason anyone should have these deadly instruments, especially with the advent of finger-foods.

Methinks Sarah Brady will not get onboard with me on this.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if he yelled, “Fork You!” as he stabbed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I think we'll have a hard time banning forks outright. We'll need to start smaller. Maybe we could ban evil features on forks, like pistol grips and bayonnet lugs.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Oyster forks should go- they can be concealed too easily. Full size dinner forks ok, but should be registered in a database.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#4]

I wonder if he yelled, "Fork You!" as he stabbed.

Forks have probably killed more people than .50 calibers.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Maybe not in the sandbox.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#6]
My email to the VPC...I don't think I'll get a reply, do you?

We've got to get the message out about these deadly weapons.....Please help.  What can we do besides blame the people actually responsible for their own actions (what a silly idea that is!!!!)

Man stabbed with serving fork, say neighbors

38-year-old Green Bay man held at Brown Co. Jail
By Paul Brinkmann
[email protected]

Neighbors who witnessed the aftermath of a fatal stabbing on Green Bay’s east side Saturday night said the victim was stabbed with a large serving fork.

A 38-year-old man died from a lethal wound to the upper chest and a 38-year-old Green Bay man was arrested at the scene of the stabbing, 1515 E. Mason St., according to the Green Bay Police Department.

Police were holding Todd Charles of 1515 E. Mason St. on Sunday on a preliminary charge of first-degree reckless homicide.

Gordon Senecal, whose back yard connects to Charles’ back yard, said an argument broke out during a gathering at Charles’ home Saturday night. Senecal was caring for Charles’ dog, a 15-year-old pit bull, on Sunday while Charles was held at the Brown County Jail.

“It’s been crazy around this neighborhood lately. I’ve heard of four or five stabbings just this summer,” Senecal said.

Senecal said he had been invited to the gathering, but was not there when the stabbing happened.

Green Bay police released few details about the incident Sunday. They had responded to an emergency call about a stabbing at Charles’ residence at 10:59 p.m. Saturday.

Upon arrival at the scene, officers and firefighters found several people at the residence trying to revive the victim. The victim’s name was not released.

The victim was taken to St. Vincent Hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later, according to a police department press release.

The press release said investigators had interviewed several people in connection with the case as of early Sunday morning.

Police Capt. Lisa Sterr declined to release any further information about the case on Sunday evening.

She said officers did most of their follow-up work late Saturday and early Sunday.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I will stab you in the muthafuckin' eye with a muthafuckin' fork!

The gentle words I used to break my little brother of his chewing with his mouth open habit.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Well then, pitchforks need to be banned and confiscated immediately. There is no constructive use for something that large and that deadly. No private citizen needs one of those killer forks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys are missing the most important part.  Making up new terms.  I'll start:

- Fork with more than three tines, Assualt Fork
- Inexpensive fork from an outlet store, Saturday Night Dinner Special
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You guys are missing the most important part.  Making up new terms.  I'll start:

What about plastic forks?  Throwaway forks that are frequently discarded after a crime.

And the ones with black oxide finish?  They are for the special forkses.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Since a pit bull was involved, along with an argument and a fork used as a weapon, I don't think we are dealing with the upper social strata to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forks have killed more innocent people...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#13]
We also need to start a registry of AOU's. Sporks could be easily construed as a spoon, but in reality, they are just as deadly as a salad fork!

Ban Sporks! Do it for the Children!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forks have killed more innocent people...

Now THAT I have little doubt.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Would the spork fall under the listing as a spoon, or a fork?

Or would it be an short tine fork? Would the $200 tax stamp apply?

New .gov alpahbet org. The BATFETW. Alcohol, tabaco, firearms, explosives, table ware.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about plastic forks?  Throwaway forks that are frequently discarded after a crime.

And the ones with black oxide finish?  They are for the special forkses.

I have some inside sources telling me that there are special plastic forks specifically designed to defeat metal detectors and airport security.

Apparantly people can put one of these forks in their pocket and walk right in and get on a plane!

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#17]
A spork is clearly an underhanded attempt by the Fork Lobby to circumvent the assault fork ban, by simply making cosmetic changes in these deadly weapons.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Doing a group buy on professional grade, long tine barbeque forks.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You always have the coolest toys.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Seen these?

deadly folding fork
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Of all the times to be unable to find my picture of a 1700's nobleman's dinnerware... each utensil had a built-in matchlock derringer in the handle.

If that ain't an assault fork, I don't know what is!

Maybe in your e-mail to the VPC you should mention that England is trying to ban long, pointed knives...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#22]
If a teflon coated non-stick fork can defeat body armor, then they must be banned : )
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Sad but true. Our society is faced with killer objects everyday. Even children are not safe. The most deadly chemical know to man is in our homes, offices, play areas, and even school.

dihydrogen monoxide is bad. More people die from this substance than any other substance known. PLEASE: when you write your representative to ask for a ban on forks, also state that your want dihygrogen monoxide banned now!

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/dhmo.htm
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I used to own several assault forks, but the were all lost in a boating accident last year
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Oyster forks should go- they can be concealed too easily. Full size dinner forks ok, but should be registered in a database.

You ought to rethink that.  This was a large serving fork....the kind that can pierce body armor and bring down jet airliners.

There is no place in our modern society for forks of such size and obvious destructive capabilities.  What would happen if terrorists got their hands on such a device?

I am starting a petition to ban all such devices.  In a modern society, we ought to only have those plastic Sporks.  It is just too dangerous.  No one needs a fork that size.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You ought to rethink that.  This was a large serving fork....the kind that can pierce body armor and bring down jet airliners.

There is no place in our modern society for forks of such size and obvious destructive capabilities.  What would happen if terrorists got their hands on such a device?

I am starting a petition to ban all such devices.  In a modern society, we ought to only have those plastic Sporks.  It is just too dangerous.

Someone pointed out that they cannot be detected by metal detectors at checkpoints!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It was:

Fork you, mortar forker!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#28]
California will preform safety tests and only allow certified forks to boe owned within its borders.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was:

Fork you, mortar forker!

(I guess the guy doing the forking could have been called a mortal forker...or he delivered a mortal fork-wound).
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Someone pointed out that they cannot be detected by metal detectors at checkpoints!

Hmmmm.  Good point.  Once they get past the DHS checkpoint they could be used to launch deadly peas at flight crews.

Then why do we need eating utensils at all?  Man got by for thousands of years before metal was discovered.  Who needs them with our diet of Tofu and soybeans.  They are just used by barbarians to cut up animal flesh anyway (icky!)
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Me thinks that some form of "fork control" won't go over well with some of the liberal celebs. Like for instance, Rosie O'Donnell. What would she have to gain in a society without forks? Certainly not weight! Ah, she'd do fine though. Unless troughs were banned.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

hr

I hear you need an FFL (Federal Flatware License) if you are transferring across state lines...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

These cannot be detected by conventional airport scanning equipment!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#34]
You can have my fork when you can pry it from my cold dead hands!

See you in HELL!!!

BTW- Life Member: National Eating Utensil Association

Forks don't kill people, I DO!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Of course the Founding Fathers of our nation could not have possibly imagined what 200 years of flatware technology would produce. New weapons of mass destruction like the spork or the electric carving knife.

Do you know a teenager can walk into a Wendys, order a baked potato, andwalk out with a fork without ever showing ID!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Of course the Founding Fathers of our nation could not have possibly imagined what 200 years of flatware technology would produce. New weapons of mass destruction like the spork or the electric carving knife.

Do you know a teenager can walk into a Wendys, order a baked potato, andwalk out with a fork without ever showing ID!

most Wendy's have a mandatory 3 minute waiting period, many much longer.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#37]
I heard Dianne Feinstein owns a fork
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#38]
We must ban all flatware that does not have a "legitimate eating purpose"...  and any flatware that is owned by a subject citizen must be stored in a special California approved locked flatware drawer.

- AG

ETA:  Here is a picture of a Colt representative demonstrating their new "post-ban" fork....

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I heard Dianne Feinstein owns a fork

And she conceals it in her ass
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#40]
They have knife control in England now.  Maybe the Knife and Fork control groups will get together and combine forces?

No.  I heard he yelled "I stuck a fork in him, he's done!"
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#41]
You don't need a fork to eat raw vegetables and grasses. Forks are only good for one thing and that is MEAT!!!

Ban them now! Do it for the children! If it saves just one life...yada, yada, yada...[oprah_off]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top