Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 6:09:05 AM EDT
I wrote this in another thread where y'all were, once again, high fiving each other for feeling like you made some superior point about the female nicks on this site.  I am posting it under a new thread because I don't want it to get buried...

As for the "Miss" and "Lady" being in our names... every time that I can recall there being an issue about a person's gender on here, it's been a MAN who's brought it up. I used the name "Miss Magnum" as a [i]joke[/i] when I showed up. There were no underlying Freudian, femi-Nazi or other motivations behind it. And regardless of what someone's screen nick is, in time it becomes readily apparent what someone's gender and sexual orientation is through posts. Would you rather I post with a gender neutral name and have y'all assume I'm a gay man because of my penchant for hairy chests and, well, [i]other things[/i]?

"Bring it!"  

::head snap:: "Oh, it's already been broughten!"

*Sorry... hee hee... that just cracks me up! [:D]

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I am sort of jumping in without knowing the whole situation, but I will say this:

I think it is good that someone may use Ms. or lady in their screen name. There is nothing feminist or feminazi about it.

I think it's abmirable that a woman also participates and cares about this subject matter. My wife is up to par and she is a "lady" and a very fine one of that.

Sometimes, people find foolish things to point out that are meaningless and baseless.

There are so many more important things to be concerned with.

Anyway,

Take care

Franklin
[url=http://www.survivalforum.com]Survivalforum[/url]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:15:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#3]
"Putting this baby to rest..."  

What's with all the maternal references?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#5]
why dont you just come on over here, and baby rest on my lap. [;)]
c-rock
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:30:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
MM,
don't worry about the morons here with big egos and small .... umm never mind. You know we love you and the rest of the ladies hanging out here.

mike
View Quote

Ditto.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:30:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Putting this baby to rest..."  

What's with all the maternal references?
View Quote

Ever see "My Cousin Vinnie" where Marisa Tomei says her biological clock is tick "like this" and starts stomping her foot on the ground?  Umm... yeah..  [:D]

My friend brought his baby in to work the other day and when I saw her and started cooing, he said, "Hey?  Does anyone else hear the sound of eggs dropping?"  
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't believe a word of what he says, because  Miss_Magnum is actually a man!

[i]OUCH... Dammit Sara, I was only kidding![/i]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:39:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There were no underlying Freudian, femi-Nazi ....motivations .... gender and sexual orientation . ....  gender neutral ....my penchant ....

View Quote

Actually, you prolly wanna use smaller words so the board neanderthals can understand what you are saying.

[}:D]

Call yerself whatever you want. And I don't really care if you ARE a guy yanking our chain. As much as I've become psychologically / neurotically dependent on this site, your screen name is NOT a big deal to me.

[:D]

If you like guns and support 2A, dowhatchalike.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Miss_M:

I beleive that the secrecy of the screen merely allows some guys to act in a manner that they might typically not were things a bit more on par.  It is easy to be what we want and say what we want when we hide behind the keyboard.

As was said, the sexists, chauvinists and the egos will always abound.  FOL.

Personally, I find it refreshing that a lady does not mind indicating that she is such.

I would be rather leary of the woman who wanted to hide her femininity and who did not know how to properly and adequately put it into the mix of things.

As was said............many of us are simply glad that you are here.  [end]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wrote this in another thread where y'all were, once again, high fiving each other for feeling like you made some superior point about the female nicks on this site.  I am posting it under a new thread because I don't want it to get buried...

As for the "Miss" and "Lady" being in our names... every time that I can recall there being an issue about a person's gender on here, it's been a MAN who's brought it up. I used the name "Miss Magnum" as a [i]joke[/i] when I showed up. There were no underlying Freudian, femi-Nazi or other motivations behind it. And regardless of what someone's screen nick is, in time it becomes readily apparent what someone's gender and sexual orientation is through posts. Would you rather I post with a gender neutral name and have y'all assume I'm a gay man because of my penchant for hairy chests and, well, [i]other things[/i]?

"Bring it!"  

View Quote

Phuuckeem.  (Said 5sub in a burst of eloquence!)
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey Wolf. I thought it was because you were a Lady who only shot Wolf Ammo....
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm a gay man because of my penchant for hairy chests and, well, [i]other things[/i]?

"Bring it!"  

View Quote

AHHHHH, there goes the fantasy. [;D]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:40:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey Wolf. I thought it was because you were a Lady who only shot Wolf Ammo....
View Quote

Now, that's funny!

MM.

Guys are guys and guys will always be guys....Please understand....and forgive and forget. Ignore them and they will go away.

Why having a big headache over something you can't control.

Edited to say this:

Whatever....always keep that smile up...If you know what's good.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Miss Magnum,
well here we go again, another lady who likes guns and knows how to talk about them and hold her own. I guess the world is coming to an end. Wait a minute, good looking lady, into guns, and supports the second amendment, what the issue here. Guys i do not see a problem with this. I have seen post where guys are looking for an intelligent lady who is into guns.

Here we have one and all people can do is doubt whether she is a man or a women.

Lets get back to the topic at hand, when is there going to be another shoot in Arizona?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#21]
[>Q] I don't have a hairy chest and she like's that. MM would you still give and older gentleman a hug at the BRC so the rest can be jealous. [smoke]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#22]
MM, all kidding aside, continue to hold your own and ignore the ignorant. BTW sorry about the contest.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Would you rather I post with a gender neutral name and have y'all assume I'm a gay man because of my penchant for hairy chests and, well, [i]other things[/i]?

"Bring it!"  

View Quote

I'm one for one...could you enlighten me on the "other things"???
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I know the women that post on this board can handle the BS, [red][u]but why should they have to?[/u][/red]  How many possible new members do we lose to this crap?
View Quote

Well stated!!  They shouldn't have to. And I'd go as far to bet that 90% of it wouldn't take place if we were all in the same room together.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Miss Magnum you have inspired me to come out of the closet!  You go girl!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#26]
ha!  this is too funny!  i'd been wanting to change my sig pic for some time know.  and while i was doing that, i was considering some alternative names that not only would indicate my gender, but would also shove it in the face of every male chauvinist on this board.

i'd finally settled on ARbitchinyourface, in keeping with the "AR" prefix and "lady" suffix indicating gender.

alas, it was too much even for me.  so i input a date just to see what it would look like on the board (how would i react to seeing something other than ARlady....poorly indeed, especially when i figured out that i can't change it back for a month!!!!!)

needless to say, i think the whole idea of our screen names being desparate cries for attention based on our plumbing is ludicrous.  i have found that the women who post here and stay here don't need to bring attention to our plumbing.  i mean, when was the last time you saw one of us (regular posters) posting pics of us in sexy lingerie while fondling various firearms?  oh, that's right.  it's never happened.

the only people continually bringing up the issue of gender are the guys, pure and simple.  so it's not our issue, it's yours.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Well....ah, uh...

Oh never mind.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My friend brought his baby in to work the other day and when I saw her and started cooing, he said, "Hey?  Does anyone else hear the sound of eggs dropping?"  
View Quote

Thanks! I almost shot pop out of My nose on that one!

Miss Magnum, And all of the other wonderful ladies posting here. I, for one, would truly miss the wonderful perspective that You all bring to the posts & meetings of this board. I am not one of the "Mass Posters" as You can see from My post count, but still enjoy reading Your posts. Even if I'm not "Jumping in" on every one, just to put in My $0.02 worth in.
Please don't stop or even slow Your posts to this board.

Thanks!
Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Miss_Magnum

I agree with you 100%. As some of the guys think I'm a guy,but I'm not. Just because of the way I talk on this board. So,I changed my name from Lady_of_the_Wolf to bluewolf. Ofcourse I am sure they'll think of something else. But,that's okay,cvause I'll come back with a good attitude about it.

[:D]
View Quote

Lady of the Wolf is now BlueWolf? I'm really getting confused. I was only gone for a day, and all has changed. A good gun forum now having to defend gender issues. Hell, we all like guns don't we?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I really like womenz.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#31]
I know it's time to lay this to rest now!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top