Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2005 5:56:54 AM EDT
Anyone think he's kidding?

Putin's warning to terrorists

Oct 14, 7:59 AM (ET)

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Rebels who try to attack Russian targets in future will be decisively crushed, President Vladimir Putin said on Friday after his security forces killed scores of gunmen who attacked the southern town of Nalchik.

"Our actions must be commensurate with all the threats that bandits pose for our country. We will act as toughly and consistently as we did on this occasion," Itar-Tass news agency quoted Putin as saying.

This guy is no Boy Scout, but you have to appreciate that comment.

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#1]
In a heavy Russian accent: "He is a member of an ee-leet paramilitary organ-i-zation, the Eagle Scouts."
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:24:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
In a heavy Russian accent: "He is a member of an ee-leet paramilitary organ-i-zation, the Eagle Scouts."

Di Woooolverines, no?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:25:27 AM EDT
[#3]
"I must break you"
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
In a heavy RussianCuban accent: "He is a member of an ee-leet paramilitary organ-i-zation, the Eagle Scouts."

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't care how he says it, as long as he is killing those people, its a good thing...

I'm no real fan of Russia, but in this case I say...Mother Russia, unshackle your sons hands and let them wipe this scourge from the face of the earth....

Git some....
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:59:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I pity the fool who does not take Vlad seriously.  They will regret it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#7]
you know, the subtlety and relative innocuousness of putin's statement should have the chechen scum filling their boots with warm urine...i'd be less afraid if he was jumping up and down screaming "kill! kill! kill!"

"vlad the impaler" 21st century-style?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#8]
He's said this before to little avail...
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

and then we all get together and bitch about all the "atrocities" Russian soldiers commit.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

damn, this is true. but do you think the incidents starting with 9/11 may have created an environment where he'd feel a little freer to let his freak flag fly?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I pity the fool who does not take Vlad seriously.  They will regret it.

My only question is, "Why haven't they crushed them yet?"

No $, no military? What's the deal. After that school fiasco I would have thought there'd be a spetsnaz in every tree in Cheznia.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and then we all get together and bitch about all the "atrocities" Russian and Chechen soldiers commit.

Slight correction.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Pics from Russian Assault on Terrorists:

Click Here

Putin appears to mean business and to be taken seriously.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Pics from Russian Assault on Terrorists:

Click Here

Putin appears to mean business and to be taken seriously.

He talked tough after the Beslan school massacre too, but what actions did they take?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Many russian women are tougher than many American men.

I wouldn't mess with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top