Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2001 6:57:59 PM EDT
All morning long I was checking my phone messages to see if my gun was in.  11am rolled around and there was one message.  My gun was in!!!  I went during my lunch break to pick it up.  Its beautifull!  Fully Loaded Stainless Full Size.  Since company policy states that there are to be no firearms on company property I took it straight home and returned to work [;)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
right on i purchased one last week although for stupid prk laws i cant pick it up til sat full size loaded model also.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the same thing only in matte finish and it is great. i have never had a problem with it. enjoy!!!
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I just need to get out and shoot it :)  I cant wait!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I am interested in Springfield Tactical Response Pistol SS. What do you know about it?.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Did my info help you on the price schapman43?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
That's what I want, a Springfield full size 1911. How do you like it so far???

Coincidentally, my HS2000 came in today. I picked it up after work though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked mine up in May, since then I have ran about 3500 rds through it, with only 2 FTFeed's (it was really dirty), no complaints here.

OH BTW it is a fullsize stainless "loaded" pre-key model

Ed
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a Springfield 1911 Lightweight a couple of months ago.  I was able to keep every round within the 10 ring at 10yds first time out if the box. I was impressed!

The only thing I worry about is the longevity of an aluminum frame.  Besides that, I have no complaints.  It's the most accurate pistol I have.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Since company policy states that there are to be no firearms on company property I took it straight home and returned to work [;)]
View Quote
Do you work for one of the airlines?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#10]
CONGRATULATIONS!  I am glad to hear of your new baby (Springfield that is).

It's nice to see someone who is not affected by the Kimber Marketing BULL$&!@.

If you ever decide to get a trigger job done, look into one of the gunsmiths from the American Pistolsmiths Guild.  I would suggest Teddy Jacobsen...his website is www.actionsbyt.com.  Great work.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you ever decide to get a trigger job done, look into one of the gunsmiths from the American Pistolsmiths Guild.  I would suggest Teddy Jacobsen...his website is www.actionsbyt.com.  Great work.
View Quote

Oh please... Kimber makes a fine pistol.
Actions by "T" does good work, so does Novak...
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Um, Kimber makes an excellent pistol.  Some have had problems but of the four I have shot personally and the one I own, they have been the most enjoyable guns to use. My Pro Carry SLE came out of the box with sights right on and a great trigger.  And they are made in America.

schapman- Congrats on the new pistol, should be a lot of fun.  There really is nothing like the feel of a 1911.  My next pistol will be a full size 1911. Enjoy. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
CONGRATULATIONS!  I am glad to hear of your new baby (Springfield that is).

If you ever decide to get a trigger job done, look into one of the gunsmiths from the American Pistolsmiths Guild.  I would suggest Teddy Jacobsen...his website is [url]www.actionsbyt.com. [/url] Great work.
View Quote

I'll second that vote for Teddy Jacobsen.
I've had him work on a couple of pistols over the years & he's great to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:04:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Mmmmm.... Springfield.......   The gun shop I frequent has their TRP version for sale....  I am just wondering if I should sell the majority of my existing weapons for it (I would keep the AR)
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am interested in Springfield Tactical Response Pistol SS. What do you know about it?.
View Quote

I know I love my TRP. Great pistol. Better accuracy than any Sig, HK, or Glock. Great sites (Novak), looks like a million bucks and costs me less than $1000 (99 model). I have over 5000 rounds through it and it has never had a single malfunction. I've put 500 rounds through it in one session without any problems or jams. It is my favorite combat style handgun. It is also my CCW gun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mmmmm.... Springfield.......   The gun shop I frequent has their TRP version for sale....  I am just wondering if I should sell the majority of my existing weapons for it (I would keep the AR)
View Quote

Yes you should.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
All morning long I was checking my phone messages to see if my gun was in.  11am rolled around and there was one message.  My gun was in!!!  I went during my lunch break to pick it up.  Its beautifull!  Fully Loaded Stainless Full Size.  Since company policy states that there are to be no firearms on company property I took it straight home and returned to work [;)]
View Quote

Now you need that truckload of 230 Ball ammo to break your new toy in [:D]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey! Schapman, Maybe we can go shooting Monday. I have the day off.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone seen Springfielfd's new TRP Operator?  It is one sweet looking pistol.  Unfortunately, it's priced at over $1400.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey! Schapman, Maybe we can go shooting Monday. I have the day off.
View Quote

Sounds like a good idea to me.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe this time we can get Mom to come. But rapid fire may be out......Dad
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh please... Kimber makes a fine pistol.
Actions by "T" does good work, so does Novak...
View Quote

Interesting.  If you trust Teddy Jacobsen's opinion so much, I BEG OF YOU to ask him about Kimbers.  But I warn you, be ready to listen for about 5 minutes as to why they stink.

Of course, Teddy can be quite harsh on just about any pistol you ask him about...including Springfield (because they're Metric, not Standard measurements).  However, dollar for dollar when my LIFE is on the line, I would buy a Springfield over Kimber.  I personally chose a Les Baer, and Teddy even railed on it for short while (not too thrilled with some of their gunsmith's work on some parts).

The only exception to a Kimber I might allow is from their first one or two years of production when the parts were much better quality instead of just an assembly shop.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought a Springfield Champion two years ago. it is basically a commander size, and it is great. It is very accurate and I have never had a jam with it. I would like to add a combat carry style thumb safety as I have a little trouble with the one it came with. it is a little too skinny for me. I have never regretted the purchase.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Tailgate,
 I never said I trusted the man's opinion, I said he did good work. I don't even know what his opinion is.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I pick up my first SA 1911 on tuesday,can't wait![pistol]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Now you need that truckload of 230 Ball ammo to break your new toy in [:D]
View Quote

Just be careful. the first rounds through my Springfield were Wolf brand. One of those rounds jammed so bad I couldnt pull the slide back, I had to force it forward and discharge the round to get it out. PMC 230gr works nice.

[pistol]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#27]
That seems to be on par for wolf pistol ammo.  I havent a good thing about their pistol ammo.  The rifle ammo on eht other hand isnt so bad.  Put over 500 rnds through the AR last Monday with only one failure to feed.  Thats on a brand new never fired AR.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#28]
No matter how excellent a "guildsman" be, if he bitches about a product because in trueth there is only minumum work/proit to be had from it.....well, he is also an excellent ass.  And if that is the case....well, I wouldn't let that S.O.B. touch my Kimber Custom Eclipse II (or work on it).  Now, my Springfield.....what's TJ's address?

Dave S
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Good job young man! very nice fire arm !(I have taken it back to work with me though and played with it when nobody was watching) hahahaha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top