Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2001 3:36:58 PM EDT
ok, i did my part, converted my girl friend who lives in New York from a liberal who had no need for guns to one that loves to shoot and thinks the Socio-crats stink. She has seen the other side and agrees with me.

now she wants her own toys! i have said a nice 45 in glock 21 and a ar15 ... just for starters. my question is what does she need to purchase in the state of New York. she is not in 'the city'.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
She needs a permit issued by the county of residence. go to the county office, obtain application, follow directions, and upon completion/ issueance, she will be given a certificate allowing purchase of a handgun. after purchase of handgun, a permanent permit will be issued.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Plan to wait a minimum of 6 months for the pistol permit.  If you tell me the county you are in I can get you the contact info.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, lori is in Beth Page, right near the old Grummin factory. permit for a hand gun, what will she need for a 'long gun' or an ar15?

i appreaciate your help.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
are you guys familiar with Edelman's pistol permit service? would you recommend them?

i was thinking of using their service to assist me in getting my handgun permit... they guarantee that anyone who uses them, will get their permit.

thoughts? suggestions?

Blade
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Blade........the only thing I know about Edelmans is they are very expensive, guns, ammo, etc.

But, if they say they can help you out, give them a try.

Just curious, what do they charge for there services??
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh yeah, Maxwell, congrats on the conversion of your girlfriend [beer]

I converted my sister-in-law who is a teacher. I didn't make her a gun lover but, lets just say she's VERY NOT liberal anymore!! [;)]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#8]
You don't need a Permit service if you are capable of filling out forms correctly.
the only time anyone might need this type of service is if you are applying for a carry permit in NYC and the surrounding counties.
The likelihood of obtaining a carry permit is
virtually nil, nada, nonexisting.
So don't waste your money in either case.
As far as Edelman's is concerned: I called them a couple of years ago to obtain their address before making the trip there. I was told that the Retail store was no longer in operation and only the Permit Svc. was open for business

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top