Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/28/2006 5:06:52 PM EDT
Im a lonely lil' lady in need of a canine companion. I live by myself in an very very little appartmentin a very very bad neighborhood. Im thinking a pooch may add security and comany. what say you ladies?Post pics of your puppies!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:18:29 PM EDT
Puppies are a lot of work, you may want to look into a slightly older dog. But here ya go!

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:26:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:40:50 AM EDT
Night one with the new puppy:

I slept on an air mattress right next to her blanket... not that she stayed on the blanket

Every two hours it was time to get up and take the puppy out to relieve herself. Out at 11, 1, 3, 5 and missed the 7 am however the puppy was kind enough to piddle on the floor by the door to the back yard. Ah well, linoleum cleans up easy.

My legs and hips are a bit sore from that air mattress.... damn air mattress.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:13:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:45:05 AM EDT
cute dogs. Here's my pup, I think he still is.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:48:56 AM EDT
My dog is so ugly, I can't post a photo.

The S.P.C.A. would take him away.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:05:04 AM EDT
My Kentucky Blend...Yup, we named her Bourbon:

She's a Doxie/Shepherd mix. Here she is with my eldest.
He's an Italian/Irish/Armenian mix:
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:01:28 AM EDT
I don't have a dog...but these are my "girls". from the top, Correy, Kaat, and Prego. Instead of barking at strangers they run under the bed and hide. But they're my pumpkins, I don't know what I'd do without them. My boyfriend says each of them has 1/3 of my personality.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:06:39 AM EDT
Here is my little guy at 8 weeks old.

Here he is with his brother.

I have some newer pics I will post later today.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:43:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:14:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 7:14:49 AM EDT by dvr9]

Originally Posted By SP1Grrl:

Originally Posted By dvr9:
Here is my little guy at 8 weeks old.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/DVR9/Puppies041.jpg

Here he is with his brother.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/DVR9/Puppies039.jpg

I have some newer pics I will post later today.

Dang, man, you don't let them in the house?

They are soooo cute. I can't wait until they go through the chewing phase. Every other post is going to be "Well, I lost another pair of shoes today..."

I have only the golden lab now. He really isn't that bad of a chewer. He is just about 4 months and chews some things, but knows his boundaries. He is a great dog...very smart. I am 36 and he had me trained in 3 days!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:42:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By strawberry_snaps:
Im a lonely lil' lady in need of a canine companion. I live by myself in an very very little appartmentin a very very bad neighborhood. Im thinking a pooch may add security and comany. what say you ladies?Post pics of your puppies!

Just a suggestion, you may want to avoid a large breed dog in a small apartment. They need space and exercise big time! If all you need is a burglar alarm, an ankle-biter is more than adequate to rouse you in the middle of the night. After that, you and (insert name of preferred intruder dispatcher here) can take of business! My Golden mix is friendly as all get out, but will always alert bark when someone gets too close to the house. He seems to know as long as I am made aware of the situation, I will do the rest. A smaller dog can do that and will fit a small appartment better. Still need to make sure its well exercised though! Just my 2 cents! Good luck!
Top Top