Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2001 4:31:29 PM EDT
Well, even the punk scene isn't immune to a bunch of old rockers trying to cash in on better days.

Turns out The Misfits are going to be playing in town in a few days. How Sad. It wouldn't be so sad if it was ACTUALLY  The Misfits. But no. Glen, isn't along for the ride (guess he's already made his money). And from what I understand, Jerry Only won't be there either. But Markie Ramone will be (guess he hasn't made enough money). WHAT A FUCKING JOKE! As far as I know, the only guy who actually played in The Misfits that will join them is Robo (who also played in Black Flag).

I for one can't bring myself to go an see this spectacle. Nothing worse than a bunch of washed up punk rock stars trying to squeeze the last dollar out of what they once were. I thought it was bad enough when they reformed in the 90's and put out those two CD's with the new singer. I couldn't believe how bad they were.

Oh well, enough with this rant. I think I'll go put on my original 7" of "Cough/Cool" (you know, the one from the 70's with the organ?), drink a beer, and remember the good old days.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Ah the 80's. I had brief tour in punkdom. Mowhawk, leather jacket, and safety pins in various odd body parts. My bands were Dead Kennedys, Sonic Youth, Agnostic Front, and some I now forget.

I think I always had a problem with authority.
[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey seamusmcoi,

I take it you are from Columbia?

I heard they were going to play...darn, just hate to miss it..hehe

medcop
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey seamusmcoi,

I take it you are from Columbia?

I heard they were going to play...darn, just hate to miss it..hehe

medcop
View Quote

I don't actually live in Columbia, but about 20 minutes from there in the sticks. Pretty close to Rocheport, if you know where that is. But more or less grew up in Columbia. Do you happen to live in the central MO area, or in one of the Metro areas?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I live just north of Columbia near Sturgeon and Centralia.  Shoot me an email...were do you shoot at?

medcop
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#5]
There are more people from around here than I thought.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are more people from around here than I thought.
View Quote

No kidding. How far from Columbia do you live?
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#7]
"Kennedy's bullet-ridden body in the street,
Ride Johnny ride,
Kennedy's shattered head hits concrete,
Ride Johnny Ride . . ."

Then when he gets to the part about doing Jackie . . .  well . . . the Misfits sure weren't politically correct.

What's Marky doing there if Robo is playing drums?  Hey I might go see this if I were there and if the tickets didn't cost an arm and a leg.  Problem with washed-out punk rockers (outside of age and general feebleness) is too many times they start thinking they're the Stones and charging accordingly.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:10:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Hell, I met the "Dead Milkmen" the day they cut their first album.  This was at a July 4th bonfire party at Purdue University, and they played for us!
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hell, I met the "Dead Milkmen" the day they cut their first album.  This was at a July 4th bonfire party at Purdue University, and they played for us!
View Quote

I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The Misfits were Glen Danzig , they are pathetic. One of my most memorable shows was seeing the Misfits and Black Flag together at small club in Passaic NJ . I'll keep my memories of seeing them in their prime and not waste my money on a bunch of losers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw the new Misfits
but only because they
were opening up for GWAR!!!

Link Posted: 11/3/2001 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Oi!Oi!Oi!
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw the new Misfits lineup back over three years ago.  They're ok, but it's just not the same.  Then again, I'd rather hear the new lineup than Metallica cover another damn Misfits song.  And at least compared to Metallica, the new Misfits lineup still knows how to rock, old farts or not.  Those "old farts" are still in amazing shape too.

And, Glen Danzig may have an awesome voice, but he's a sad joke of a person who takes himself entirely too seriously.  Everything he's done since he dumped Chuck Biscuits, Eerie Von and John Christ has been mediocre at best.

My Misfits Top 5:
1. Halloween
2. Skulls
3. 20 Eyes
4. She
5. London Dungeon

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I saw the new Misfits lineup back over three years ago.  They're ok, but it's just not the same.  Then again, I'd rather hear the new lineup than Metallica cover another damn Misfits song.  And at least compared to Metallica, the new Misfits lineup still knows how to rock, old farts or not.  Those "old farts" are still in amazing shape too.

And, Glen Danzig may have an awesome voice, but he's a sad joke of a person who takes himself entirely too seriously.  Everything he's done since he dumped Chuck Biscuits, Eerie Von and John Christ has been mediocre at best.

My Misfits Top 5:
1. Halloween
2. Skulls
3. 20 Eyes
4. She
5. London Dungeon

God Bless Texas
View Quote

I basically agree with all that. Except that Death Comes Ripping is my fav. track, hahaha. Shotgun blast....
Metallica are sorry. I laughed till I had no more tears when I saw those LOAD pics. Fukkin' rock stars.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn, you guys should give the new band a chance.  Just listen to Famous Mosters once all the way through.  If you still hate them, fine.  I bet many of you will be surprised.  

As for replacing Glen, it is impossible and we all know it.  Maybe Danzig 7 will be better than the last few outings.

Live Free
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anybody know exactly what Danzig's problem with his early work is?  The Misfits first two albums are pure gold - what's the deal with acting all pissed off all the time.  Is it because he's so short?

BTW, [b]Lars Ulrich can bite my ass![/b]  So can the rest of those Metalliwanks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn, you guys should give the new band a chance.  Just listen to Famous Mosters once all the way through.  If you still hate them, fine.  I bet many of you will be surprised.  

As for replacing Glen, it is impossible and we all know it.  Maybe Danzig 7 will be better than the last few outings.

Live Free
View Quote

I've heard their new stuff, and man is it mediocre. Basicly they sound like a totally different band, with the same imagery.

And really while we're on the subject, alot of the old bands aren't what they used to be.

Bad Religion suck nowadays. And I can't believe how bad The Business has become.

Oh well, thank god there are some great new bands out there to keep the flame alive.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does anybody know exactly what Danzig's problem with his early work is?  The Misfits first two albums are pure gold - what's the deal with acting all pissed off all the time.  Is it because he's so short?
View Quote

Actually I think he became interested in doing goth-industrial type music. Danzig III was also a good album as well wasn't as much of a hard rock album as the others but was a good album.  "Misfits" played in NYC for a halloween show, person I work with went to it and said they weren't that good.  Misfits, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Black Flag are all bands I listen to on a regular basis...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top