Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2002 1:29:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the world of large purchase financing , very few and I mean very few people EVER qualify for those low rates , my wife and I replace our cars every 2 or 3 years and never can qualify for that rate . Its just another bait and switch technique .
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Here in South. Calif. the St. Att. General prosecuted and got convictions of the sales & credit managers at Gunderson Chevolet El Monte, Calif.(about 20 miles east of L.A.) for deceptive practices. They are going to do 2 years in prison for cheating unsuspecting car buyers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No credit is, in some cases, WORSE than bad credit, because it makes you an unknown quantity.

-Troy
View Quote

I found that out in a big hurry when I went to buy a house. They weren't happy with the fact that I'd never had a car payment and only had one credit card with little activity. I had to get letters from my present and previous landlords, utility and insurance companies, etc, to demonstrate that I paid my bills on time. Major hassle.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahhhh, the great Credit Catch-22.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No credit is, in some cases, WORSE than bad credit, because it makes you an unknown quantity.
View Quote

Sometime even worse than bad credit is GREAT credit. I worked for a credit card company and they were trying to devise ways to give people with spotty credit the best service and make people with perfect credit wait on hold forever.
You say [i]"But Tactical, won't the people with great credit get tired of the shitty service and cancel their cards?" [/i]Yes. That is the point. See, you can't make any money off people that pay their bills on time - no finance charges.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#9]
This is another system that has been screwed up in our country.

That is big difference in your truck payment too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top