Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 3:23:53 PM EDT
I chose "a" because it is alphabetically superior.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Google much?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Google much?

Goes both ways...

Actually I'm more of a Yahoo...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
and the verse doesnt even exist in the bible... look it up
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ezekiel 25:17

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulp_Fiction

As explained by Jules in the final scene in the diner, he recites a passage from the Bible — Ezekiel 25:17 — each time he kills someone. The passage reads as follows:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Wikisource has original text related to this article:
Bible, King James, Ezekiel#Chapter 25

This is, in fact, not an actual passage from the Bible, but a collage of several passages. Ezekiel 25:17 in the King James Version reads:

And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

This is actually a typically obscure reference to Karate Kiba / Chiba the Bodyguard, a 1976 film starring Sonny Chiba (whom Tarantino has hailed as "the greatest actor to ever work in martial arts films"), which opens with a nearly identical misquote, likewise attributed to Ezekiel 25:17:

The path of the righteous man and defender is beset on all sides by the iniquity of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious anger, who poison and destroy my brothers; and they shall know that I am Chiba the Bodyguard when I lay my vengeance upon them! (Ezekiel 25:17)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Ezekiel
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
and the verse doesnt even exist in the bible... look it up

Yes, know that - but in about 5000 years it will sneak itself in - you'll see!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay, I'm conforming with the popular vote.

See the difference?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Checking out my updated avitar, Plankton - now with AR-15.

Hit refresh if you don't see it. (F5)
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]
It's EZEKIAL because that's how Samual Jackson says it.

Say WHAT again M F'r

I'm a mushroom cloud droppin M F'r,,,,M F'r

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's EZEKIAL because that's how Samual Jackson says it.

Say WHAT again M F'r

I'm a mushroom cloud droppin M F'r,,,,M F'r

I thought so too, but now I am becoming sheepish and going with the majority.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top