Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:50:27 PM EDT
Ok, flashback about 830 tonight. I'm moving my car from my apartment to the parking lot where I have to keep it at. I pull up to a red light next to a 4-door VW Golf in my Lancer Evolution. The light goes through it cycle, the light goes green, the parking lot is roughly 70 yards from the light on the right side of the road. I let out the clutch while giving some gas. The VW moves off a bit quicker than me, my windows are down and the radio is on. I hit 3200 rpm, let off the gas, push in the clutch and shift into second, the lot is about 25-30 yards away now. Let off the gas, turn signal, brake, and pull into the lot. Nothing out of the ordinary until I get ready to back into a spot.

BAM! Red and blue.

I get my license and registration, officer comes up and asks if I was in a hurry. I said, "Not really, I was just parking my car."

"Did you know your tires were squealing back there?"
(I'm thinking, this is an AWD car, I've never been able to get the tires to squeal)
"Uhh no"

*hands back my registration and goes back to the cruiser*
I'm sitting there for about 20-30 minutes when he finally returns.

"Im giving you a ticket for unnecessary squealing of tires, a loud muffler, and your tags are obscured."

"Have a good day officer"

I finish parking my car.

The end

The car is a factory stock Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 with the dealership's license plate frame. Go figure.

Court date is in about a week. Let the fun begin.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:53:00 PM EDT
I dunno, but the wing on the back of that car is teh ghey!

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:53:25 PM EDT
Just by posting this you will be branded a cop basher.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:54:03 PM EDT
Wow, a nice red Evo, I'm surpised he even saw you...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:55:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GhostRing:

Funny, my very loud, very bright yellow truck might as well be non-existant to LEOs.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:55:38 PM EDT
I drove one that was worked up pretty well, and still had a hard time getting the tires to squeel.. I agree they hook up quite well. I think the stock exhaust on them is pretty loud.

as far as the licensplate cover.. can't help you there

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:55:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2005 8:56:57 PM EDT by Gravity_Tester]

What's the redline on that outta curiousity?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:57:05 PM EDT
And yes I do believe I was framed by that VW.

I know the car is obnoxious, but come on...
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:57:33 PM EDT
Good lucky, buddy. I'd pull ya over, too, but probably just to take a closer look at your car.. Haha
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:57:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:

Particularly with that big ole wing on the back of the car.

That looks like a stock wing

Yea, I am the first to pick on ricers, I love doing it.. but I definately respect the evo
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:58:33 PM EDT
I got a ticket for that once. In my defense, it was a hot day and the road had some slick tar shit on it, and my tired made a little chirp, but there was a cop behind me and he pulled me over. I ended up paying $130 for it. WTF???
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:58:50 PM EDT
Nice rice-burner spoiler on the back
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:59:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bob243:

Particularly with that big ole wing on the back of the car.

That looks like a stock wing

Yea, I am the first to pick on ricers, I love doing it.. but I definately respect the evo

I get my go fast on two wheels. I am allowed to be irreverent.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:59:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2005 9:01:15 PM EDT by Top_Secret]

What's the redline on that outta curiousity?

7000, bout 6k less than my bike
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:00:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Top_Secret:

Hey, I'm not knockin' the car!
I've always lusted for an Evo...(the one's we play with are usually in full rally trim though...)
but unfortunately, the Man doesn't usually have the same respect!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:01:15 PM EDT
You just learned why not to own a red car. If you were here in OR, they woulda got ya for not having a front plate too.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:02:18 PM EDT
If he were in OR, I'd be prepping that thing for gravel duty!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:02:57 PM EDT
Your lucky thats all you got..

(I use this term loosely)
Street racing can get you nailed bigtime.
Nice Evo
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:04:47 PM EDT

Haha - the hippies pwned you!

Good luck in court. I guess it's sorta an honest mistake on the cops part - if most people had to guess which of two cars squealed, the red evo with a big wing and loud exhaust, or the boring 4-door VW, most would probably guess it was your car. Hopefully you'll get a sympathetic judge - can you bring some kind of specs about how it is unlikely/hard to get the tires to squeal on an AWD cra like that?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:04:54 PM EDT
Round here that's called wreckless driving.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:09:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WIgunnut:

Nice Evo

Street racing? You mean going when the light is green? A 4-door VW. Right. Not knocking them cause my friends dad drives an R32, but I've been in my friends Jetta and the tires can and will squeak on them. I'm also smart enough to keep it on the track and certainly not at the university.

I've never successfully gotten the tires to squeal on a launch.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:15:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:16:17 PM EDT
Daft question, but why the devil is 'squealing of tyres' an offense?

NTM
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:16:31 PM EDT
Now that I could see warrenting it. That's just plain retarded.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:24:07 PM EDT

Nice Evo

Street racing? You mean going when the light is green? A 4-door VW. Right.

Like I said,.. I used it loosely.
I been pulled over for such "street racing" in my 4X4 85 Bronco II
The traffic offence term for squealing tires around here is "Excessive display of power" and is in the hundreds of $$$
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:25:46 PM EDT
Nice Car!!!

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:29:31 PM EDT
I once got pulled over in my 91 Camaro because the cop thought my engine sounded like I was going too fast - WTF?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:29:39 PM EDT
What's the specs on the EVO engine? Is it 4,6, or 8 cylinders? 7,000 redline pretty good for any motor!

I still shake my head in awe when I look at the tach on my Mazerati Spyder, 7,500-8,000rpm red band for a 4.2L V8 Its that wonderful cop magnet metallic red too. If I turn off its traction control, it is wayyy easy to spin the rear tires, which happen to be Michelin Pilot sports.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:33:21 PM EDT

Like I said,.. I used it loosely.
I been pulled over for such "street racing" in my 4X4 85 Bronco II
The traffic offence term for squealing tires around here is "Excessive display of power" and is in the hundreds of $$$

What the heck kinda traffic reg. is that!?!?! What's a guy supposed to do if he drives a Ferrari or a Porsche Turbo or Gt2? Drive in 1st gear only and give it gas it like a grandma in a Buick?!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:37:23 PM EDT
Turbocharged 4 Cylinder
1997cc
TD05HR-16G6-10.5T
(Twin Scroll Turbine)

etc etc.

Oh yeah that a sweet car Gooch. You have excellent taste if I do say so myself. Masarati opened up a dealership near where I live during the summer and all I can do is drool. Beautiful cars.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:39:07 PM EDT
Excessive Display of Speed
Breaking Traction

Both can be used to define Wreckless Driving.

Stop driving like a dick.
It doesn't impress the womenz, and who cares what you buddies think. If you want to impress them, eat a pound of butter.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2005 9:45:51 PM EDT by Top_Secret]
Uhh where exactly was I driving like a dick? And who was I impressing? Myself? And its rather difficult to excessively display speed at under 25mph and falling over 3500 rpm short of redline. I shortshift to keep the ride smooth and not waste gas. Premium gas will give your wallet a beating.

The traction breaking was not mine. I bought an AWD car because my previous car would get squirrely when conditions were rough, ie. snow, mud, rain on the road. AWD has traction in almost any condition, and certainly at a stoplight on a dry day going down a straight road.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:55:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:55:33 PM EDT
Premium gas sure is a killer!

When it rains, most of the RWD pickups around here cant help but squeal the tires at a green light, even the little 4-cylinder toyota pickups.

I have yet to sqeal the tires, even in water in my BMW 530i with Dunlop Sp 8000's and now with Pilots. BMW sure makes a good traction program!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:15:27 PM EDT
excessive display of power? that would be the cop giving you a ticket for chirping your tires a little bit.
I have never heard of such a thing! what a load of bullshit!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:06:51 PM EDT
OK, chirping the tires, etc, give him a ticket.

But even hardnosed cops have to admit, the "obscured license plate" for having a dealer installed license plate frame is nothing more than harassment.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:19:04 PM EDT
I had a first gen laser AWD heavily modded. obsessive squealing of your tires in a stock evo 8 on a dry day? BS it's 50/50 AWD with a stock motor. go to court and inform them of this.

the front mount looks nice in your car btw.

I"ll be damned if a stock evo can do more then squeak the tires on a stock clutch and once your moving already... forget it! you'll be smelling clutch till the next time you stop lol.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:20:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2005 11:21:11 PM EDT by Scott574]

Originally Posted By bvmjethead:
Round here that's called wreckless driving.

Originally Posted By sherrick13:
I ticketed a guy for wreckless driving today. He was squealing his tires.

Originally Posted By OneOfThosePeople:
Breaking Traction

What is this wreckless driving citation you all are speaking of? It's RECKLESS driving people!
Wreckless driving is a daily goal of mine....ie:without wreck, trying not to get into one.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:36:39 PM EDT
For some strange inexplicable reason, cops like to pull over people with "sporty" cars and people with motorcycles. Even if they have'nt done anything. strange huh? I wonder why? Anyhew, just think of it as being "shaken down" by the mafia or "mugged" by the state. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then cops on this board wonder why people don't like'em! Maybe it's cause every other time they see you it's costs'em $200!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:44:46 AM EDT
and your dog.....?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:51:04 AM EDT
I'm surprised I haven't been ticketed yet for that. I don't do it on purpose, but it is easy to do in my 2002 F150 with its light rear end. I had my window down the other day when I made a turn and heard the familiar sound of tires squealing. I thought "WTF??" because I had barely put on the gas.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:58:32 AM EDT

Uhh where exactly was I driving like a dick? And who was I impressing? Myself? And its rather difficult to excessively display speed at under 25mph and falling over 3500 rpm short of redline. I shortshift to keep the ride smooth and not waste gas. Premium gas will give your wallet a beating.

The traction breaking was not mine. I bought an AWD car because my previous car would get squirrely when conditions were rough, ie. snow, mud, rain on the road. AWD has traction in almost any condition, and certainly at a stoplight on a dry day going down a straight road.

Despite the innocent picture ya seem to want to paint, I'm more inclined to believe the officer and the wear pattern on your front tires.

They tend to support his version of the event you flowered over.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:58:36 AM EDT
I got pulled over for it, but he didn't write a ticket. I told the officer that my vehicle has traction control and wide tires. The only way to squeel the tires was to punch the gas and run over both cars in front of me at the intersection.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:04:32 AM EDT

He was doing J-turns repeatedly in a parking lot. With three passengers.

Did you mean reckless?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:05:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mr_wilson:

Despite the innocent picture ya seem to want to paint, I'm more inclined to believe the officer and the wear pattern on your front tires.

They tend to support his version of the event you flowered over.

Mike

It is an all wheel drive car. ( kinda like full time 4wd) If the front tires are wearing wierd, he has front end issues.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:08:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bob243: It is an all wheel drive car. ( kinda like full time 4wd) If the front tires are wearing wierd, he has front end issues.
Nah, it's braking, weight tilts to the front end and wears them out faster.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:08:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SPTiger:
I'm surprised I haven't been ticketed yet for that. I don't do it on purpose, but it is easy to do in my 2002 F150 with its light rear end. I had my window down the other day when I made a turn and heard the familiar sound of tires squealing. I thought "WTF??" because I had barely put on the gas.

Happens to me quite often in my little 4banger sonoma. especially with an open diff.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:11:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 5:11:45 AM EDT by Bob243]

Originally Posted By KlubMarcus:

Originally Posted By Bob243: It is an all wheel drive car. ( kinda like full time 4wd) If the front tires are wearing wierd, he has front end issues.
Nah, it's braking, weight tilts to the front end and wears them out faster.

Thats true too.. I was looking at the point that, your not going to find goudges or blisters on the front tires from spinning them..
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:12:49 AM EDT
lol I was thinking the same thing.. the court must love that.

Originally Posted By npd233:

He was doing J-turns repeatedly in a parking lot. With three passengers.

Did you mean reckless? hr
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:15:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By OneOfThosePeople:
Breaking Traction

Stop driving like a dick.
It doesn't impress the womenz, and who cares what you buddies think. If you want to impress them, eat a pound of butter.

Read the original post BEFORE making stoopid comments.

Plus, ever stop at a light with your wheels on the paint and had them spin a little and squeak.?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:16:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bob243:

Originally Posted By KlubMarcus: Nah, it's braking, weight tilts to the front end and wears them out faster.
Thats true too.. I was looking at the point that, your not going to find goudges or blisters on the front tires from spinning them..

Can you get a ticket for excessive braking: smoke, tire noise, and a goofy grin?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top