Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/30/2011 2:00:42 PM EST
I had two kids in public school in SW Ok. For the past 5 years they have gone backwards. The first week of school this year they missed 2 full days cause the school turned out for sports.
They are so broke they laid off the janitors and the teachers have to clean their own rooms and the school. The teachers take my kids out of school without my knowledge. They had them clean the fairgrounds during school. They pull them out of class to clean the gym before a basketball game.
Several of the teachers were caught cheating and some of the female teachers got in a fight at a ballgame over each other’s husbands.
Teachers wear short pants and short shirts with their thong and tramp stamp showing. No, they aren’t good looking. One aide was telling my 16 year old son about how many STD's she has had.
My kids never get homework. I asked some teachers about this and they said they don’t give homework cause it wouldn’t get done. One teacher I know told me they don’t give homework because it would be more work for them and most students wouldn’t do it any way.
I don’t claim to be the smartest guy around but these so called teachers are fucking stupid. I catch mistakes on my kids work and send it back with a note. The computer teacher calls me to ask questions. She called to ask me how to hook an LCD projector to her laptop. Really???
Some of the teachers and the administrators were total dickheads to my kids today. They publicly stripped them of their class titles, told them their parents were making a big mistake, etc, etc. The school counselor told my son he wasn’t a student there anymore and wouldn’t be welcome to come back.
Rant off––
I am more than happy to take advice from any parents who homeschool their kids.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:06:39 PM EST
There is more to this story.

Would like your kids' teachers to post briefly.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:07:44 PM EST
Can you move into a better district?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:07:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 2:08:27 PM EST by Evil_ATF]
Good on you. I spend about a Colt 6920 each month to keep my kids in a private Christian school...where the admin/teachers are *GASP* accountable!

If that's not an option for you, see if the "K12 Program" is available in your area. It's usually available as a tuition-free public school alternative. Basically, it's home-schooling that's paid for with the tax dollars that would go to your public school, as I understand it.

I started to enroll Evil Junior and Little C in the program this school year before I got short on time and said "Fuck It". Back to private school they went.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:08:38 PM EST
Um, not sure what you mean about more to the story? Its a school with about 300 total students from K to 12 and should have been closed a long time ago.
Are you looking for something specific I can help you with?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:09:44 PM EST
That's on the verge of unbelievable...

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:09:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
I had two kids in public school in SW Ok. For the past 5 years they have gone backwards. The first week of school this year they missed 2 full days cause the school turned out for sports.
They are so broke they laid off the janitors and the teachers have to clean their own rooms and the school. The teachers take my kids out of school without my knowledge. They had them clean the fairgrounds during school. They pull them out of class to clean the gym before a basketball game.
Several of the teachers were caught cheating and some of the female teachers got in a fight at a ballgame over each other’s husbands.
Teachers wear short pants and short shirts with their thong and tramp stamp showing. No, they aren’t good looking. One aide was telling my 16 year old son about how many STD's she has had.
My kids never get homework. I asked some teachers about this and they said they don’t give homework cause it wouldn’t get done. One teacher I know told me they don’t give homework because it would be more work for them and most students wouldn’t do it any way.
I don’t claim to be the smartest guy around but these so called teachers are fucking stupid. I catch mistakes on my kids work and send it back with a note. The computer teacher calls me to ask questions. She called to ask me how to hook an LCD projector to her laptop. Really???
Some of the teachers and the administrators were total dickheads to my kids today. They publicly stripped them of their class titles, told them their parents were making a big mistake, etc, etc. The school counselor told my son he wasn’t a student there anymore and wouldn’t be welcome to come back.Rant off––

Would like a little more clarification on the part in RED...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:10:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By Evil_ATF:
Good on you. I spend about a Colt 6920 each month to keep my kids in a private Christian school...where the admin/teachers are *GASP* accountable!

If that's not an option for you, see if the "K12 Program" is available in your area. It's usually available as a tuition-free public school alternative. Basically, it's home-schooling that's paid for with the tax dollars that would go to your public school, as I understand it.

I started to enroll Evil Junior and Little C in the program this school year before I got short on time and said "Fuck It". Back to private school they went.

Evil ATF, we are doing the K12 program. My older brother is a teacher and he and several others pointed me to K12.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:12:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By Zardonavis:
Some of the teachers and the administrators were total dickheads to my kids today. They publicly stripped them of their class titles, told them their parents were making a big mistake, etc, etc. The school counselor told my son he wasn’t a student there anymore and wouldn’t be welcome to come back.Rant off––

Its a very small school, everyone knows each other. They were upset becaus eme pulling my kids takes away from their funding. My 16 year old said several of them had attitude with him.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:12:39 PM EST

Evil ATF, we are doing the K12 program. My older brother is a teacher and he and several others pointed me to K12.

As to those who doubt the OP's story, well, it doesn't surprise me at all.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:14:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 2:15:03 PM EST by EasTexan]

O, I don't doubt it. It just seems so pathetic to hear that a school operates like that. I know public school is shit to begin with but damn...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:18:27 PM EST
Find out who the School Board is, or even better, who is the School Superintendent (thats the head Admin guy).

Let them know what you did and why, in detail.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:18:33 PM EST
I would find and join a good home school group ASAP. If you are in a major city you will be surprised at the number of groups and kids involved with home schooling. There are many excellent curriculum's and courses available and the home school group(s) plus the internet can help you find the right ones for your family.

Its hard work but the results are more than worth it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:21:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By EasTexan:

O, I don't doubt it. It just seems so pathetic to hear that a school operates like that. I know public school is shit to begin with but damn...

EasTeaxan, if I didnt see it and live it myself, I would have a hard time beleiving it. Its too sad to make up a story like this. One of the administrators asked if we would leave the kids in school till next week. The reason being they do the state count Oct 1 and get paid by how many kids are enrolled.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:22:12 PM EST
Public schools are so hit and miss. Some seem to do a great job, while others are as you described. Funding though important doesn't seem to correlate with outcomes. It's just random chance if your district is worth a shit or not.

Glad you got your kids out. It's worth the cost, whether you have move or send them to private school.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:24:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By Zardonavis:

Its a very small school, everyone knows each other. They were upset becaus eme pulling my kids takes away from their funding. My 16 year old said several of them had attitude with him.

OK so this happened AFTER you made note/decision to pull them out. Couldnt be sure with your first post, makes much better sence now and you did right by yourself and more so with your kids. Luckly My kids school is good and my sons teacher sends him enough homework to keep him "Ahem" occupied
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:26:39 PM EST
Hint: Public School principals are NOT chosen for their ability to educate students, lead teachers or engage parents. They are chosen because they kiss ass and backstab better than their competition. And even the good ones have to fight the Union.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:26:51 PM EST
Um, not sure what you mean about more to the story? Its a school with about 300 total students from K to 12 and should have been closed a long time ago.

I am a careertech administrator in OK. Name the school.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:27:54 PM EST
Good for you! Being proactive with YOUR childs education is a must. If more parents did what you had the courage to do, the schools would likely clean themselves up or fall by the wayside. Kind of like a free market principle applied to schools.

The no homework thing blows me away. My child is in an elementary grade at a private school and it is rare to not have at least 1-2 hours of homework per night...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:28:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 2:31:00 PM EST by EightySecond]
We homeschool our two youngest ones... very happy with it. My little ones are angels. We still keep them in outside social things like Sunday school and sports type things too to maintain balance.

ETA: You'll have to pry this kind of innocence out of my cold dead hand.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:28:36 PM EST

EasTeaxan, if I didnt see it and live it myself, I would have a hard time beleiving it. Its too sad to make up a story like this. One of the administrators asked if we would leave the kids in school till next week. The reason being they do the state count Oct 1 and get paid by how many kids are enrolled.

Yeah, that's pathetic. Sorry for your trouble. I'm thinking your kids will be better off anywhere besides that place.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:30:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

willing to bet they are off protesting republicans, recycling their sandals, or saving the rainforest or some shit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:36:36 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:36:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By theskuh:

Home School? I feel for ya man
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:40:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By John87:

willing to bet they are off protesting republicans, recycling their sandals, or saving the rainforest or some shit.

I suspect they are drunk, including the ones working thier mandatory time at a sporting event, which is being held most likely at a multimillion dollar sports complex. Those that aren't working are drinking at a bar, talking about how parent's just don't get it. "Did you hear about that dumbshit who thinks he's smarter than me who pulled his kids out?" The principle is trying to convince the new teacher who gives a shit that she should buy drinks for everyone. She's explaining how it makes her appear to want to be a part of the team. In reality, everybody is just broke, and wants to take advantage of her. Once she does, they'll begin to explain to her how she's soooooo nice, but she's too nice, and she tries to hard, and not that it makes others look bad, but really she should just do like everyone else because she's going to get burned out. At some point, there will be physical violence, and some vomit. At least one will get a DUI on the way home.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:41:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:57:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 2:57:37 PM EST by GeorgeInNePa]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

This.

I really like my kids' schools.

When we moved, we picked the district first, then picked the house.

Sorry OP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:59:32 PM EST

no, it isn't.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:00:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By Lord_Grey_Boots:
Find out who the School Board is, or even better, who is the School Superintendent (thats the head Admin guy).

They don't give a fuck. They never do.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:03:13 PM EST
I believe the story. There was a fight in beaufort sc between a teacher and a student because the student was fucking her the teaches boyfriend, or something like that. It made national news actually.

About that time a friend of mine got a job teaching in beaufort. I warned her but she wouldn't listen. They paid her quite a bit of money to relocate and such.

She didn't last the entire day.

I warned her.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:06:01 PM EST
School Boards and School Superintendents could give a rat's ass about the schools/districts they cover. I work for a JC and the board votes for whatever the school administration wants to do to fuck us all over. Theyre mostly worthless scum that couldnt hold a job that required any results
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:06:16 PM EST
Man, your kids went to a shitty school.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:07:13 PM EST

Southwest Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:07:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By rooster4bravo:
Public schools are so hit and miss. Some seem to do a great job, while others are as you described. Funding though important doesn't seem to correlate with outcomes. It's just random chance if your district is worth a shit or not.

Glad you got your kids out. It's worth the cost, whether you have move or send them to private school.

Believe it or not, it's the administrators that make or break a district.

I've seen good, bad and mediocre in my life and it's always the superintendent and principals that seem to make the most difference.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:08:43 PM EST
No janitorial staff, no information tech., bottom of the barrel teachers (it sounds like), no homework 'cause it "won't get done" ... maybe you should move out of the ghetto or your community should pass a levy once in a while?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:09:46 PM EST

Wake up. Maybe CT is somehow isolated from this, but his story is consistent with our experiences as well. We don't utilize the free government babysitter (public education) either. Good for you, OP.

Start here: http://www.hslda.org/

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:10:21 PM EST

Some how I don't believe your story. If it's true, go to the media. They would love this.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:11:39 PM EST
Good for you.

Get organized ASAP

Look for a homeschool group in your area.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:14:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By Josh:

no, it isn't.

I went through it.

I had a bone tumor in my collar bone in high school, Principal told me that since I had surgery that limited my mobility through graduation I would fail P. E. and not graduate. So I got a failing grade on a core class from a PE teacher who hadn't seen his own dick in at least 10 years, he had to be pushing 400 lbs. I transferred schools the next year, my doctor released me 2nd semester of senior year .
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:15:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 3:15:43 PM EST by Aimless]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:17:02 PM EST
Good going! All public schools are bad.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:19:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By Tekka:

No.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:19:15 PM EST
Sorry for your situation

Could you post a few photos of those trampy whore teachers
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:20:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 3:22:08 PM EST by Tekka]

Originally Posted By GeorgeInNePa:

No.

Yes they are. The state and its agents do not know how to educate or raise children.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:22:30 PM EST

No.

Yes they are. The state and its agents do not know how to educate or raise children.
I'm with Tekka on this one.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:23:13 PM EST
I am pretty pleased with the schools my kids go to here in NC.

Not perfect, but solid.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:23:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 3:30:55 PM EST by Aimless]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:28:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By Lord_Grey_Boots:

I am not sure this is a good idea. Some communities are so rigged as to take retribution against the parents and / or kids who opt out. Discretion might be the better part of valor in that situation.

The real tragedy are the kids that are stuck in those institutions. Years later they will wonder why they have stepped out into a big 'ol third world shithole who has little use for them or their talents.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:29:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 3:31:20 PM EST by pale_pony]
Congratulations, a fellow homeschooler here.

BTW, you just DEFUNDED your local school system by over $10k per year, per child that you took out of the .gov school system. Local schools get thousand of $$$ of federal funds per child per school year.

You can bitch, you can moan, you can vote, or you can actually DO something that hits them in the pocketbook. Sounds like you just did.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:30:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By Aimless:

maybe in florida
My father -in-law is retired and drives a school bus to keep himself busy part-time.

The stuff he sees on the bus that middle school kids do would make a porn-star blush in some cases. They exchange porn on their i-Phones, they have to sit in same sex seating since the girls were caught going down on the boys...

All of this while little 5 to 6 year old kindergartners were on the same bus at the same time.

This is not unique to where I am. This is kids today. If you think I am going to stick my little 5 year old girl on that bus and send her to school you are gravely mistaken.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:31:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By EightySecond:

No.

I'm with Tekka on this one.

I'm with GeorgeInNePa on this one, it takes about 3.5 hours to cover what the ISD takes 8 hrs to accomplish. They are highly ineffective, but I guess its hard to give up all the free babysitting, and of course the parents have their career goals which couldn't be pursued if we raised and educated our own children, and....

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top