Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2002 6:27:41 PM EDT
[url]http://webcenter.newssearch.netscape.com/aolns_display.adp?key=200204231226000102372_aolns.src[/url]

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) - A mob armed with bats and pipes attacked 10 U.S. Marines, leaving one with a cranial fracture and others with injuries from broken bones to minor scrapes, the Navy said Tuesday.
View Quote

Should pull an ambush, give 20 marines their weapons, and the goahead to defend themselves, and put them in hiding with two unarmed  as "bait" out in the street. Then lets what happens.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I like your second option. Of course, they're marines right? Should't that entire mob have been killed by the bare hands of the first two?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I spent some time in San Juan not too long ago. I saw some pretty interesting things. I think if we did a total pullout they would be eating each other in about 6 months. They are so Americanized while at the same time resenting the tit they suck on it isn't funny.

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I never understood why we give US Citizenship to the people of Puerto Rico. What do we get out of it? They are not a state so they do not need to pay taxes but they get a boatload of government aid.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah yes, biting the hand that feeds.

My father tells a story similar to this one from his WWII days in Hawaii. It seems the local Hawaiian gangs, and various other thugs, decided it was profitable to jump small groups of Marines on payday, and steal all their money before they had a chance to spend it at the local bars. I know this happened in a section of Honolulu, but I don't know where. Anyway, the Marines went to the local cops asking for help, but for some reason help was not forthcoming. After a few weeks of this BS, the Marines had had it. So one night, a large group of Marines broke into the armory and paid a little visit to their Hawaiian friends. Following the visit, there were a number of dead bodies scattered around, and from that time forward, the locals left the Marines alone. According to my dad, no one ever determined who the Marines were and there were no convictions. Perhaps history should repeat itself.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#7]
If they want independence, let em have it. Pull out ALL funding, support, ETC. Keep the bases, but have em similar to  the situation in Cuba.

Meet hostility, with same.

The flipside is to make Puerto Rico the 51'st state, then begin arresting, and imprisoning these jackasses..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah Meplat, im with you. right now they have all the perks of US citizenship with none of the taxes. i say we make them the 51st state and lay a smack-down on their little independance movement. then tax the shit out of them like we get up here in CONUS.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Let´s see, 10 Marines against 14+ Puerto Ricans....doesnt sound like good odds for the PRs [:D]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top