Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/14/2022 12:55:42 PM EDT
Preface: I have no prior psychedelic experience and this is not a drug seeking discussion.  Please be serious with your replies because I believe there is volumes of help that are yet to be discovered with this therapy.
            Just looking for hope that there is something for those of us who hate who we have become because of mental health issues.

I have been watching various Shawn Ryan show interviews and more than a couple of his interviewers have done Psycheldelic Therapy with profoundly positive and life changing results.
Here is one of the first ones I saw that peaked my curiosity.  It will make more sense if you hear his whole story but its a very long interview so here is the time stamp.
There are others, just look through his channel for them.  The one were Shawns wife interviews him after treatment was a very interesting video.

These links are time stamped.  The embedded video isn't working for these so I just posted the links.

Marcus Capones story.  His wife tells her side, its pretty wild.
Time stamped link https://youtu.be/qq9oDM_u2yA?t=7783
Marcus Capone - SEAL Team Six Explosive Breacher/Pyschedelic Therapy Advocate | SRS #010

Cody Alford.  Amazing story, worth your time to watch the whole thing.
Time stamped link https://youtu.be/fQbdKhNiPWY?t=20040
Cody Alford - Marine Raider/MARSOC Sniper Who Became a Nomad | SRS #034

Another good one this time with DJ Shipley.
Time stamped link  https://youtu.be/dWJ_WwWSabw?t=14391
DJ Shipley - SEAL Team 6 / DEVGRU Operator | SRS #015

They utilized the VET solutions run by Marcus and Amber Capone.
https://vetsolutions.org/

Their story.    They do treat civilians as well but their main clientele they focus on is veterans who are struggling.
Marcus, Amber, and the Creation of VETS, Inc.

I have had treatment resistant depression for 30 some years, this therapy is something that has really grabbed my attention.
Hoping to get my first Ketamine treatment soon and thinking it will be a stepping stone to the others that have longer lasting effects post treatment.

Curious to know what your experiences have been with Psilocybin, Ibogane, 5-Meo-DMT, Ayahuska, LSD and even ketamine.
Did you come out the other side with a new perspective and positive changes in your life?

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm assuming this is a DIY treatment for now? Or are there places it's legal, like Oregon, where they have clinics?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Search sucks but this has been discussed in depth here.

I can only offer 1 anecdotal data point for you.
I've had 3 absolutely crippling bouts of depression since my 1st as a result of a divorce with a business failure 35 years ago.
All 3 tripped by multiple consecutive personal catastrophes and challenges.
All 3 several years long.
I always tried riding it out, but ended up on anti-d's and some benzo. Numbing isn't healing, and they suck.

A 4th I staved off with a summer long solo motorcycle trip. Worked, but impractical for most.

My physician told me I'd experience bouts both more frequently and of longer duration as I aged. That was both devastating news, and when I committed to finding my own damn cure.

Psilocybin seems to be working for me. I've had some rough patches the last 15 years that could have sent me in, but not an inkling of despair beyond normal so far.
If I was anti-altered state, I think following a regiment of properly micro-dosing would work, but I choose to dose to the 1st perceptible level of effect and not more. Grins. Once every few months at most. Sometimes 5 or 6 months between.

Except for those cloudy spells, I generally love life and have and love a LOT of hobbies. That is the zone that this seems to be keeping me in.
2 or 3 times a year, a good bottle of wine, some premium jams, it doesn't suck but I'd prefer to just be normal.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you researched TMS? I spoke with a psychiatrist recently who did his post grad research on it and was opening a clinic to do it exclusively. Obviously ECT is the gold standard but he said this is just as effective with essentially no side effects.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Lotsa guys I know swear by microdosing. I would like to try but it seems my luck is get a bad batch or fucked up quality or some thing as I cannot just go into a store and get some.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Ketamine and DMT have their place, LSA/LSD/Psilocybin/2CI/2CB/Peyote have their place. You don't have to get to tripping balls for it to help. I left with serious aggression and mood volatility. I came back much improved, able to control aggressive impulses. Well... except for shitposting. If nothing else has helped, it's worth a try. The worst case is it doesn't help things. At therapeutic dose levels you're not going to see any manifestly negative side effects.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I would add MDMA to the conversation, as it's getting a lot of interest and a rescheduling is coming fast.  Not that I think it would apply for your specific case (long-term depression).  I believe ketamine and psilocybin mushrooms are the most promising in that regard.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you researched TMS? I spoke with a psychiatrist recently who did his post grad research on it and was opening a clinic to do it exclusively. Obviously ECT is the gold standard but he said this is just as effective with essentially no side effects.
View Quote

Good buddy of mine (Psychiatrist)  runs a big TMS Clinic out of his practice. Good caring compassionate physician if you can believe it.  Truly believes in benefits of TMS if all of the past treatment criteria is met.  

There is good insurance coverage for TMS these days.   Don’t see the downside of trying it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
From what I've seen, chemicals will show you a window. But they won't present a door.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got my first intake appointment with a ketamine therapy place on Monday  Hoping insurance covers it because it's $400/session.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
The Entheogenic Evolution Podcast is an excellent resource for such information.

My own such experiences are limited. For most of my life I was chemically insensitive. Drugs of all sorts had little to no effect on me unless I took massive doses.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#12]
"It called mescaline, It's the only way to fly."
View Quote
--- 1999 - The Matrix - Choi

From my experience...Mescaline/Peyote, and Psilocybin seem to have milder and more pleasurable psychedelic effects than LSD. But all three have great psychological benefits.

"Free your mind...and your ass will follow" Funkadelic

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've got my first intake appointment with a ketamine therapy place on Monday  Hoping insurance covers it because it's $400/session.
View Quote

If you don't mind, can you post your experience after you get time to process it?

Great information everyone.  I have not heard of TMS but assume its similar to electro shock, going to look into it now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#14]
you know what really helps my mental health, when my wife is nice to me.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Tons (okay, "many bytes") of information at Bluelight.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I did Ayahuasca a little over a year ago. It was like 15 years worth of therapy in a few hours. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but it was what I needed. It caused a lot of incidents that I had blocked out of memory to resurface and forced me to deal with those issues. Actually, I am still getting things resurfacing from time to time, but it made me realize that it's less painful to deal with them, than stuffing them back down and holding on to them. As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m strongly considering this
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Read How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan

Excellent source of info on the topic. There is also a 4 part mini series of the same name on Netflix if you have access. Definitely worth a watch.

I have tried microdosing mushrooms and had good success.  

I have also looked into TMS, sounds like a great option but with my insurance, I was looking at close to $10k out of pocket. If your insurance is better, definitely look into it.

There are therapists out there that will guide you through a macro dose which sounds like a great option. I managed to find one and may go that route later in the fall but I do have my hesitations (nothing more than fear)

MDMA, as has been said above, is really close to being rescheduled. I'm sure psilocybin will follow soon after if big pharm doesn't block it.

Read/watch up on the topic as much as you can and see what you think.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#19]
We have a member that posted about good results with his PTSD using ketamine.  Forget the user name though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We have a member that posted about good results with his PTSD using ketamine.  Forget the user name though.
View Quote

I think it was bubblehead
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I mean, I do it informally all the time. I don't need the man sanctioning my treatment lol.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Im still working so I only skimmed your post OP, but micro dosing mushrooms (not tripping balls or having profound, condensed therapy sessions that you need a year to unpack lol) is absolutely the best substance I've ever tried irt mental health.

Excercise and sunlight are probably more effective overall, but if you need something convenient to get out of a funk: 5 days of mushrooms will pull anyone right the fuck up

Edit: ok, I guess your post was more of a PSA and we're kinda on the same page lol.
Thank God my mulch beds provide!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#23]
My coworker's sis has been goning through a pretty bad spell of depression.  Her shrink gave her a website that sells grey market theraputic magic mushrooms and said she will work with her on microdosing.  Sounds like doc has no direct experience but wants to experiment on her.  I hope she does it.    
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Microdosing works imo
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Excellent source of info on the topic. There is also a 4 part mini series of the same name on Netflix if you have access. Definitely worth a watch.

I have also looked into TMS, sounds like a great option but with my insurance, I was looking at close to $10k out of pocket. If your insurance is better, definitely look into it.

There are therapists out there that will guide you through a macro dose which sounds like a great option. I managed to find one and may go that route later in the fall but I do have my hesitations (nothing more than fear)

MDMA, as has been said above, is really close to being rescheduled. I'm sure psilocybin will follow soon after if big pharm doesn't block it.

View Quote

I’m reading that right now. Keep hearing things about this subject and it seems there may be some great benefits for some with very few downsides.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I believe there are too many positive accounts to discount the feasibility for someone needing additional options.

This is an idea at least 100 years old in the western world and is just now getting the traction it probably deserves.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If you don't mind, can you post your experience after you get time to process it?

Great information everyone.  I have not heard of TMS but assume its similar to electro shock, going to look into it now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you would like to discuss it more offline or here let me know. I did some undergrad work on ECT. I would attempt access to TMS before ECT but they are both extremely effective. ECT is no longer like the movies, is is a controlled procedure with anesthesia. TMS is pretty innocuous with similar levels of efficacy but arguably much better targeting.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just ordered that book.  Thank you!

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I would add MDMA to the conversation, as it's getting a lot of interest and a rescheduling is coming fast.  Not that I think it would apply for your specific case (long-term depression).  I believe ketamine and psilocybin mushrooms are the most promising in that regard.
View Quote

Having taken ecstacy recreationally I don't understand why it's not used more for it's original purpose.

Then again I don't have a lot of experience with it and the only times I've taken it have included a couple of girls so maybe it's not all that great in a clinical setting. It could have just been spending hours feeling up attractive young women made it what it was.

Well now that I think about it again even two girls without the ecstasy wasn't anywhere near as good.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Do you mean like ayahuasca therapy?  My wife and I have a couple we watch their dogs from time to time who are licensed to do this stuff through the state of Texas.  The guy says they are always super busy and all of their “classes” are always booked out about a year and that people who go to them end up in better places.  All seems hippieish to me, but if it works for someone and helps them into a better spot who am I to give it crap.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Having taken ecstacy recreationally I don't understand why it's not used more for it's original purpose.

Then again I don't have a lot of experience with it and the only times I've taken it have included a couple of girls so maybe it's not all that great in a clinical setting. It could have just been spending hours feeling up attractive young women made it what it was.

Well now that I think about it again even two girls without the ecstasy wasn't anywhere near as good.

View Quote

The premise of using mdma for therapy is certainly sound. There are a couple books and lectures from the therapists who used it in the 80's.

The idea is that by investigating and reliving past trauma while your brain is flooded with oxytocin, a patient can "rewrite" the negative experiences with more positive outcomes that no longer effect their subconscious negatively in their daily lives. This approach itself isn't new, but the use of this drug as opposed to a deep state of relaxation, probably makes the work go a lot faster lol.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Microdosing works imo
View Quote

Psilocybin works wonders for microdosing. It’s scary how effective it is.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#34]
That was Whitey Bulger's problem. Lab rat for the government.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Cernovich and Rogan (maybe) did it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't know anything about Psychedelic Therapy, but I do know one person who underwent Electroconvulsive Therapy and I strongly recommend AGAINST that.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#37]
TLDR
Micro dosing and an occasional larger dose would do everybody some good.
Pot needle boomers can eat a bag o dicks.
Psychedelic therapy works and is coming soon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't know anything about Psychedelic Therapy, but I do know one person who underwent Electroconvulsive Therapy and I strongly recommend AGAINST that.

View Quote

Thanks for the info.  What was the persons experience if you don't mind me asking?

ECT does NOT sound like an adventure in the wonderland of WTF that should be sought after, especially with other treatments that are out there.
I'm sure it has helped some but not for me.  I have ocular neuralgia on occasion and know what lightening strikes in your head feel like, would rather not intentionally set it off.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's also a Netflix series based on the book if you can't read
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Updated links in the first post.  Fixed the video thumbnails.
Time stamped link above the thumbnail image for the videos.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

For sure!
Here's a link to the provider -
https://www.klarisana.com/
I had my medical intake yesterday and got my clearance. I've got to meet with a counselor next. Hoping to get this wrapped up and get my sessions scheduled by EOM.
They recommend 2 sessions a week for 3 weeks. And they said the goal is to up the dosage until you get a complete dissociative effect. I don't think their focus is on the integration sessions in the practice per se, but they did say they have some therapists in the practice. I'm not too clear on that right now.

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Preface: I have no prior psychedelic experience and this is not a drug seeking discussion.  Please be serious with your replies because I believe there is volumes of help that are yet to be discovered with this therapy.
            Just looking for hope that there is something for those of us who hate who we have become because of mental health issues.

I have been watching various Shawn Ryan show interviews and more than a couple of his interviewers have done Psycheldelic Therapy with profoundly positive and life changing results.
Here is one of the first ones I saw that peaked my curiosity.  It will make more sense if you hear his whole story but its a very long interview so here is the time stamp.
There are others, just look through his channel for them.  The one were Shawns wife interviews him after treatment was a very interesting video.

These links are time stamped.  The embedded video isn't working for these so I just posted the links.

Marcus Capones story.  His wife tells her side, its pretty wild.
Time stamped link https://youtu.be/qq9oDM_u2yA?t=7783
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq9oDM_u2yA

Cody Alford.  Amazing story, worth your time to watch the whole thing.
Time stamped link https://youtu.be/fQbdKhNiPWY?t=20040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQbdKhNiPWY

Another good one this time with DJ Shipley.
Time stamped link  https://youtu.be/dWJ_WwWSabw?t=14391
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWJ_WwWSabw

They utilized the VET solutions run by Marcus and Amber Capone.
https://vetsolutions.org/

Their story.    They do treat civilians as well but their main clientele they focus on is veterans who are struggling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqZ6jO7ZgnU

I have had treatment resistant depression for 30 some years, this therapy is something that has really grabbed my attention.
Hoping to get my first Ketamine treatment soon and thinking it will be a stepping stone to the others that have longer lasting effects post treatment.

Curious to know what your experiences have been with Psilocybin, Ibogane, 5-Meo-DMT, Ayahuska, LSD and even ketamine.
Did you come out the other side with a new perspective and positive changes in your life?

View Quote

"Can Psychedelics Cure? | Full Documentary | NOVA | PBS
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#43]
1P-LSD is legal "for research purposes" but not ingestion.

It works the same as regular LSD, great for microdosing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#44]
If you need to trip in order to be mentally healthy I just don’t know what to say.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you need to trip in order to be mentally healthy I just don’t know what to say.
View Quote

Since you obviously haven't read this thread nor done any research about the subject it would probably be best to not say anything.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

This for sure.  The stuff is great and I feel really helped my wife and I break down a significant barrier neither of us knew we could in a single session.  Really improved our marriage.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#47]
That was a well done NOVA episode.  I'm glad there is ongoing research on this subject.
The reason this stuff isn't widely known is because of Nixon making it a schedule 1 substance and the government putting out fear mongering propaganda about it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

So if one is a diabetic then they should just tough it out? Stop being such a weak, pathetic little maggot? Even if a doctor is strongly recommending an insulin injection?

The human brain is the single most complicated thing known to man and the current state of understanding of the brain by modern medical science is abysmal. I suffered from depression for years. It seems that I had, among other things. A very serious vitamin and mineral deficiency. After years of work my emotional and mental state is much better. But I got here by careful work and no small amount of luck where the information I needed found me.

In case you haven't noticed there's a lot of crazy people out there and current politics does not permit implementing the "final solution" to societies defective people.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Psilocybin has had positive benefits for me. Micro and therapeutic doses.

I’ve only had LSD once. In Minecraft.

Never had Ketamine or MDMA.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
From what I've seen, chemicals will show you a window. But they won't present a door.
View Quote

I've seen studies that show a form of ketamine can be very effective at permanently treating persistent clinical depression when administered by a trained psychiatrist.

Apparently, it 'rewires' the brain, unlike SSRI's, which simply block the neurotransmitter believed most responsible for depression.  It shows promise for PTSD as well.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top