Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/11/2009 8:15:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2009 8:17:42 AM EDT by Sykkone]
Date: 11APRIL2009

Time: 1015
This isn't much, but it illustrates the JBT mentality. Please note, I know there are good cops and bad cops, and both types have good days and bad days, and there are varying degrees of cops and days, so I'd appreciate this thread not devolving into a ALL/EVERY/COP/BAD train wreck. I'd like to learn something from this, and possibly be a little valorous, and not so discretionary. Thanks...
I'm on my way home:
I turn left from a four-way stop. The new speed limit is 40mph. The road goes for about 3/4 of a mile and I would turn right at a light. In the last 1/4 mile, there's a no double yellow passing zone(fire station), which continues to the light. Most of the first 1/2 mile is a passing zone.
So I turn at the 4-way, and there's 3 cars ahead of me doing 35-36mph. Gray Sedan, White Camaro, Small SUV. I wait for the opposing traffic to clear, which happens right away. Now the closest car is all the way up past the fire station. I waste no time at all, hit the gas, change lanes, and begin the pass. I had intended to pass one car at a time, and re-evaluate as necessary. The Gray Sedan sped up and essentially tailgated the White Camaro so I couldn't merge back. I re-evaluated and decided there was enough room to complete a pass of the White Camaro as well. Which I did and merged back. Now I check the opposing traffic, and decide that there's a 50-50 shot I can't pass the Small SUV without coming within 100yards of the car that was in front of the fire station. I also checked the distance between me and the upcoming no-pass zone, and thought I might not be able to complete the pass before the double yellow came along. I declined to pass the second time.
I stay in the right lane (straight/right-turn) and the White Camaro merges left into the left-only turn lane. The Gray Sedan pulls in behind me stopped at the red light. I look in my rear view(I'm wearing aviators), and I see the Gray Sedan guy point at me. Like a 'I've got your number' point. I was expecting a little birdie... but whatever. About 5-10 seconds later, I see Gray Sedan guy unbuckle, and get out... to reveal a full blown city police officer uniform.
He walks up to my window, so I roll it down... and:
LEO, all stern:

Where are you going in such a hurry?
ME, nonchalantly:

Home.
LEO, very stern:

You need to slow down before you get a ticket for careless driving.
ME, fake serious:

Roger that.
He walked back to his car and I rolled up my window.
What the hell? What did I do wrong? It's not illegal to pass. I don't have to be in hurry to justify going around a slowpoke, even if it is a cop. I didn't tell him about the half a dozen or so people I had already passed in the last hour. Speaking of which, I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the 'passee' supposed to slow to allow the 'passer' to merge back into traffic? Why the fuck did he speed up?
BTW: I pass. I pass a lot. I pass regardless of anything other than A) slower than speed limit? B) passing zone? C) clear of opposing traffic?... and then I pass. EVERY time. I like passing and I think practice will improve my driving. There's nothing wrong with it. I derive a clear benefit from practicing, even if I don't have to be somewhere or I'm not in a hurry. I wasn't even in a hurry this morning.

If that is unclear... I'll put it this way:
I will, and have before, pass a cop. More than once. Granted, it's not very often, but it happens.
I thought about saying I wasn't in a hurry and not specifying my destination, but I figured discretion was the better part of valour. I was carrying openly at the time. OWB LVL2 1911 at 3 o'clock. Not only did he not notice, but he didn't notice; the Winchester 94(in a gray gun sock) on my back seat; the other 1911 on the back seat, or; any of the ammo, 30-30/.45/12ga/5.56/22lr, in the cargo area(Cherokee).
Discuss.

ETA: No blading, no adrenaline dump, no paint, not at walmart, etc... sorry.

Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:20:12 AM EDT
You got away with murder, you are daring.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:21:23 AM EDT
Quit being so passive-aggressive.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:26:53 AM EDT
Take the LEO's  advice.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:27:03 AM EDT
I don't know what his deal was, but according to a Russellville paper in AR, you have to signal your intent to change lanes for 10 car lengths, before you change lanes!

WTH!?? I really did not realize it was 10 car lengths.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:29:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Katara:

I don't know what his deal was, but according to a Russellville paper in AR, you have to signal your intent to change lanes for 10 car lengths, before you change lanes!

WTH!?? I really did not realize it was 10 car lengths.
Sometimes it's a set distance, like 100 yards... etc. 35 mph is about 50 feet per second, so that's 4 seconds of turn signal.

Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:30:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JT_26:

Take the LEO's  advice.

I don't understand.

Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:36:02 AM EDT
If you drive aggressive you are invite the law into you life.  That fact will never change, so the choice is up to you.  This comes from someone who invited the law into his life many times.  I've calmed down some in the last few years.  Now when the law comes into my life it is because the worthless cop has nothing else to do and is either trying to reach the number of tickets to get his incentive bonus or he wants to go fishing at my expense.  I don't appreciate either of those actions and they serve no purpose but to harass the generally law abiding citizens.  The one's that pulled me over for driving aggressive, they were doing there jobs as good LEO's should be as I was the one being stupid.

I was pulled over once because I didn't use my turn signal coming out of Applebees.  It was a bullshit stop, the cop was just fishing and trying to get lucky by pulling over enough cars to find someone who had a drink while eating.  I wasn't drinking so the cop was disappointed and told me I needed to use turn signal.  He left and pulled back into his ambush spot to get the next person leaving the restaurant.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 8:53:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SWIRE:

If you drive aggressive you are invite the law into you life.  That fact will never change, so the choice is up to you.  This comes from someone who invited the law into his life many times.  I've calmed down some in the last few years.  Now when the law comes into my life it is because the worthless cop has nothing else to do and is either trying to reach the number of tickets to get his incentive bonus or he wants to go fishing at my expense.  I don't appreciate either of those actions and they serve no purpose but to harass the generally law abiding citizens.  The one's that pulled me over for driving aggressive, they were doing there jobs as good LEO's should be as I was the one being stupid.

I was pulled over once because I didn't use my turn signal coming out of Applebees.  It was a bullshit stop, the cop was just fishing and trying to get lucky by pulling over enough cars to find someone who had a drink while eating.  I wasn't drinking so the cop was disappointed and told me I needed to use turn signal.  He left and pulled back into his ambush spot to get the next person leaving the restaurant.
If you drive at all, you are at risk for the law to invite themselves into your life. I think this concept has already been stated as "I(LEO) can follow you and given enough time, find something for which to pull you over". I'm not disagreeing, and I think that if I was a LEO, I could do the same thing, if so inclined.

I think you and I probably differently define aggressive driving.

IMHO, I did nothing to warrant the interaction. My driving was within the law, and therefore not careless(aggressive) according to the law.

So... how would ARFCOM have passed the car? Keep in mind... 3 cars, enough room between them to pass one at a time, almost a 1/2 mile of passing zone, no opposing traffic.

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:10:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 11:19:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/28/2009 11:20:48 PM EDT by sweatpants]
In on one and inb4 Duggan / Civic SI / Ford GT / etc

ETA:  No adrenaline dump, blading, or MS Paint spotted??
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:01:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Sykkone:

This isn't much, but it illustrates the JBT mentality. Please note, I know there are good cops and bad cops, and both types have good days and bad days, and there are varying degrees of cops and days, so I'd appreciate this thread not devolving into a ALL/EVERY/COP/BAD train wreck. I'd like to learn something from this, and possibly be a little valorous, and not so discretionary. Thanks...

I'm on my way home:

I turn left from a four-way stop. The new speed limit is 40mph. The road goes for about 3/4 of a mile and I would turn right at a light. In the last 1/4 mile, there's a no double yellow passing zone(fire station), which continues to the light. Most of the first 1/2 mile is a passing zone.

So I turn at the 4-way, and there's 3 cars ahead of me doing 35-36mph. Gray Sedan, White Camaro, Small SUV. I wait for the opposing traffic to clear, which happens right away. Now the closest car is all the way up past the fire station. I waste no time at all, hit the gas, change lanes, and begin the pass. I had intended to pass one car at a time, and re-evaluate as necessary. The Gray Sedan sped up and essentially tailgated the White Camaro so I couldn't merge back. I re-evaluated and decided there was enough room to complete a pass of the White Camaro as well. Which I did and merged back. Now I check the opposing traffic, and decide that there's a 50-50 shot I can't pass the Small SUV without coming within 100yards of the car that was in front of the fire station. I also checked the distance between me and the upcoming no-pass zone, and thought I might not be able to complete the pass before the double yellow came along. I declined to pass the second time.

I stay in the right lane (straight/right-turn) and the White Camaro merges left into the left-only turn lane. The Gray Sedan pulls in behind me stopped at the red light. I look in my rear view(I'm wearing aviators), and I see the Gray Sedan guy point at me. Like a 'I've got your number' point. I was expecting a little birdie... but whatever. About 5-10 seconds later, I see Gray Sedan guy unbuckle, and get out... to reveal a full blown city police officer uniform.

LEO, all stern:

ME, nonchalantly:
Home.

LEO, very stern:

ME, fake serious:
Roger that.

What the hell? What did I do wrong? It's not illegal to pass. I don't have to be in hurry to justify going around a slowpoke, even if it is a cop. I didn't tell him about the half a dozen or so people I had already passed in the last hour. Speaking of which, I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the 'passee' supposed to slow to allow the 'passer' to merge back into traffic? Why the fuck did he speed up?

BTW: I pass. I pass a lot. I pass regardless of anything other than A) slower than speed limit? B) passing zone? C) clear of opposing traffic?... and then I pass. EVERY time. I like passing and I think practice will improve my driving. There's nothing wrong with it. I derive a clear benefit from practicing, even if I don't have to be somewhere or I'm not in a hurry. I wasn't even in a hurry this morning.

I will, and have before, pass a cop. More than once. Granted, it's not very often, but it happens.

I thought about saying I wasn't in a hurry and not specifying my destination, but I figured discretion was the better part of valour. I was carrying openly at the time. OWB LVL2 1911 at 3 o'clock. Not only did he not notice, but he didn't notice; the Winchester 94(in a gray gun sock) on my back seat; the other 1911 on the back seat, or; any of the ammo, 30-30/.45/12ga/5.56/22lr, in the cargo area(Cherokee).

Discuss.

So you've got roughly a half-mile before your turn, you've got three cars in front of you going 35-36mph in a 40 zone, and your plan is to pass one car at a time?  Then you're figuring you have a "50-50" chance of completing the pass on all three cars?  You're kidding, right?

How fast did you have to go to pass these "36 in a 40" slow-pokes when you KNEW you were turning in 3/4 mile, especially when those cars had to slow down for YOU when you made your turn?  The speed limit is the speed limit, passing or not.  Why do you feel the need to pass anybody/everybody that's in front of you?

You DO realize that the people you just passed, only to see you turn immediately after your "demonstration of passing ability" are either laughing their asses off or wondering what the point was.  It's just like the assholes that keep changing lanes on the interstates that you continue to pass and re-pass.  Where the fuck do they think they're going?

Sorry, but you have issues with vehicles being in front of you, and your fascination with passing.  You're saving NO time, pissing people off and endangering both yourself and anybody emerging from side streets or driveways.

It has nothing to do with "passing a cop".  You didn't even know you WERE passing a cop.

Consider yourself lucky.  I'd have laid paper on you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:45:55 AM EDT
So the speed llimit is 40 mph, and traffic is travelling at 35-36 mph.

You decide to pass, it must have taken a long time to do, since you can only go 4 mph more than the vehicles you are passing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:51:54 AM EDT

You drive like a child, You must be one of those idiots that pass and then cut over, to make a right turn, when there is plenty of room to slide in behind and not cause anybody to have to brake at all.

Passing 3 cars or even thinking about it, in less than half a mile with oncoming traffic.  Yeah it's the Cops fault.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:55:19 AM EDT
So you start out stating JBT. Smart move there, making sure this doesn't dissolve into a cop bashing thread. Guess what, you already started it with comments like that.

Second of all, you are passing automobiles doing roughly the speed limit in a unsafe manner, i.e. not really enough room to pass.

Third, like Oly stated, you were able to only go 4 mph faster than the other cars in order to pass. I highly doubt that you sped up to 40 mph only to do it.

Fourth, you get all pissy and butthurt because you get caught on the above actions.

This is one giant fail of a thread.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:12:28 AM EDT
Why take risks for such a little gain?

I mean, they're going 36, you're probably going 45 mph.

Over the course of 15 miles, that 9mph difference is going to get you to your destination about 4 minutes faster.  Assuming you don't hit any stop lights.

Why bother?

On the highway, sure.  People pass eachother all the time here on the highway.  In fact, the accepted custom here is for the slower person to move over onto the shoulder to allow the faster traffic to pass.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:20:44 AM EDT
OP is a serial gas passer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:46:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:06:46 AM EDT
With less than a mile to my turn, I wouldn't have passed.

I am, however, familiar with the type who can't stand to be passed on the freeway when they're traveling under the speed limit in the left lane. Those people should be killed to spare us all.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:11:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2009 4:12:07 AM EDT by DDiggler]
I'll pass someone 3/4 mile from my turn.

Why?

Because I'd guess that 45% of the people traveling the road I'm talking about will also turn left.  If they're going slow, AND take that left, I have about 15 miles with NO opportunity to pass and I'll be stuck behind them forever.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:15:04 AM EDT
You're less than a mile from your turn, behind cars doing roughly 4 miles below the speed limit, and you feel the need to pass? And that you pass often to improve your driving skills?

What are you, 19?

Listen to the cop. Just because you aren't doing anything illegal doesn't necessarily mean you're doing something smart.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:24:50 AM EDT
You should have just said "meow"
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:25:05 AM EDT
how old are you?

we all do dumb stuff when we are young.

young people see the world in a different, reckless way, not saying it's bad perse, but young people do cause A LOT of traffic accidents due to their "ill never die, your all a bunch of old people slow ass drivers"

it's OK, you'll grow up and see things differently, we all do.

you got away with a just a warning, maybe if you listen to it, you'll not cause or be involved in a motor vehicle accident.

remember, your not the only person driving on the road, my family is out there too.

please don't cause them to be injured or killed because of your recklessness.

life is short, it may not seem that way while your under 35, but after 35, the end is closer than it is far away anyway.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:30:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:35:14 AM EDT

It is illegal to exceed the speed limit when passing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:47:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2009 4:48:25 AM EDT by stormwalker]
Originally Posted By eracer:

It is illegal to exceed the speed limit when passing.

yes, but not crazy fast, just fast enough to overcome the person you wish to legally pass, usually no more than 5-10 mphover the posed speed  limit than the car you want to pass..

but you really shouldn't get going that fast since the car you're passing is going slower than the speed limit you are when you pass.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:53:52 AM EDT
is your dog still alive?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:56:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

I think you need counseling.

That's what I recommended in his "they're all out to get me, I will be back in 45 days to tell you why" attention whoring thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=860532

Fare well GD. I'll be away for awhile... I can't explain further, but it's been nice. I'll see you in 45 days. Or longer.

I can't disclose more.

The following update is not definitive in any way, and 45 days may/not still apply:

27April2009 Update:

Here's
the 'more' for right now. Some interesting developments in a few
situations concerning reprisal. I have 2 definite dates that will
determine the quality of the proof. Also...

There's a rat
involved. I know a lot of you jumped into my
married/divorcing/lover/legal/etal thread, and my MS DMV thread. Let's
just say that I haven't quite pinpointed the culprit that decided that
it was better to involve authorities(DMV situation) before and without
my knowledge. I'd like to think it wasn't someone on arfcom, but I
don't have that luxury. I'd like to think that one of you guys would IM
me before it got to that point, but I just don't know that for sure.

So,
I have a list of suspects. I have a messed-up timeline of events. I
have explained the situation more than once to certain persons in
charge. I have been in custody for most of a day. While in custody,
attempted to be interrogated.

To the rat:

You may see this,
so here's your chance to man up. You wronged me, you didn't have the
whole story, and you seriously jeopardized several pending situations,
so thanks for your help, but no thanks. I've been on 'damage control'
for several weeks now, dealing with career, relationship, life, civil,
criminal, financial, and current employment issues.

To the
powers' that be: You'll probably save this thread, too, in your ongoing
evidence collection efforts. Unless somebody does your work for you and
decides to inform you that I'm being vague again. Wanna talk? Call me
over.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:01:05 AM EDT
Wow, what a JBT
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:11:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RetLawman:
So you've got roughly a half-mile before your turn, you've got three cars in front of you going 35-36mph in a 40 zone, and your plan is to pass one car at a time?  Then you're figuring you have a "50-50" chance of completing the pass on all three cars?  You're kidding, right?

How fast did you have to go to pass these "36 in a 40" slow-pokes when you KNEW you were turning in 3/4 mile, especially when those cars had to slow down for YOU when you made your turn?  The speed limit is the speed limit, passing or not.  Why do you feel the need to pass anybody/everybody that's in front of you?

You DO realize that the people you just passed, only to see you turn immediately after your "demonstration of passing ability" are either laughing their asses off or wondering what the point was.  It's just like the assholes that keep changing lanes on the interstates that you continue to pass and re-pass.  Where the fuck do they think they're going?

Sorry, but you have issues with vehicles being in front of you, and your fascination with passing.  You're saving NO time, pissing people off and endangering both yourself and anybody emerging from side streets or driveways.

It has nothing to do with "passing a cop".  You didn't even know you WERE passing a cop.

I was thinking this. (Except for the paper part...I'm no LEO)  Glad someone else took the time to type it up for me.

J

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:12:46 AM EDT
Aren't you the same guy with some drama thread going about going away for 45 days or something?

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:18:35 AM EDT
Cops hate it when you pass them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:29:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Chris_C:
Aren't you the same guy with some drama thread going about going away for 45 days or something?

That'd be him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:32:40 AM EDT
It would have been easier, quicker and cleaner to just 'pit' them out and go around the carnage.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:46:56 AM EDT
You have a heavy foot.

Don't drive like an impulsive bitch.  It's only 3/4 mile; Pull your foot, and enjoy life without bent metal and blood.

[That said, I know my local roads like the back of my hand, am the best 'passer' (or driver for that matter that I know of) –– And I don't hesitate to get around the traffic.  WHEN IT MIGHT DO ME SOME GOOD.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:58:52 AM EDT
Heed the warning you were given.  Your actions and aggressive driving will win you stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:09:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2009 6:10:02 AM EDT by Desert_AIP]
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

ETA:  No adrenaline dump, blading, or MS Paint spotted??

He WAS wearing "aviators" after all...
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:19:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2009 6:33:38 AM EDT by mcculver5]
Bad place to pass for little or no gain.

ETA officer was 100% in the right and you should heed his advice, and Bama's.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:26:55 AM EDT
IMHO, I did nothing to warrant the interaction. My driving was within the law, and therefore not careless(aggressive) according to the law.

You exceded the posted speed limit.  This is not within the law...
Consider yourself lucky and take the Cop's advice like a man......
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:36:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RetLawman:

I'm on my way home:

LEO, all stern:

ME, nonchalantly:
Home.

LEO, very stern:

ME, fake serious:
Roger that.

Discuss.

This.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:36:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
I think you need counseling.

Yep.  Between this thread, the 45 days in hiding thread, and the DMV ladies fear for their lives around me thread, it seems like you have some issues.

Also driving aggressively and passing people every chance you get wont make you a better driver.  Being careful and paying attention will.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:47:50 AM EDT
I would NEVER roll my window down for someone who got out of an unmarked car regardless of what uniform he is wearing.  I would sit there calling 911 to verify he is actually a cop before rolling my window down.

Around here, there are people that do this same thing to rob/abduct people.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:00:57 AM EDT
why is it so hard for people to read the spped limit signs and obey them .

i get so tired of the sunday drivers going 5 miles an hour below the speed limit. they should get the fuck off of the road.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:01:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2009 7:05:21 AM EDT by Out_To_Sea]
OP may not have been granny driving like he's supposed to, but cops go faster than the speed limit to pass people all the time. they also go faster than the speed limit for no reason, don't use turn signals, tailgate, run stop lights/signs, I've seen all that everywhere I've been. they all do that. no sympathy for mr. uptight police man until they walk the walk.

one might argue that this particular cop wasn't one of those, but his willingness to interrupt the smooth flow of traffic by not allowing the OP to get back in lane doens't jive with that. so I wouldn't believe it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:38:19 AM EDT
Most every one who has ever driven was/is at least a semi aggressive driver when they are young. I admit I was. Most police will not stop you for 5 miles or so over. That being the case, if you were not doing at least 5 over, you were a grand pa, and got passed. I had places to go and things to do you know.

Older now, I have realized the extra few minutes I MIGHT get at my destination are nothing. I do the posted limit for the most part. Some times when there is no one behind me on a surface road, I even go under. It is amazing the things you see that you would have missed traveling at warp 5. The young hottie sun bathing by that house, oh yeah, looking good baby. Oooooh, how bout that one bent over her flower bed in the Daisy Dukes and the barely there tube top! Hehe nice buds you got going on darlin.

On the highway, it used to be pedal to the metal. Crane my neck watching the median for State Boys. Or brake lights on distant cars, a clue that there is probably one up there. Checking my mirrors for light bars coming up, clearances to jump over to pass gram pa or clearance to merge back over once I did. Now I stay out of the left lane for the most part unless some one is going exceedingly slow. With cars on either side being passed or passing, the things that can be seen. The stacked young exhibitionist in the convertible, driving with her "top down" is one that comes to mind.

Slow down, smell the roses, see the sights, where ever you are going will still be there when you get there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:38:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VACaver:

Listen to the cop. Just because you aren't doing anything illegal doesn't necessarily mean you're doing something smart.

Roger that...  Evaluate your maneuvers on the road.  Any extra maneuvering on the road creates a potential hazard.  If all you had to do was chill out for 3/4 of a mile, then why bother passing 3 cars at 4 mph faster than the slowpokes were traveling?  What did you gain?

My advice - chill out.  Take it easy.  Slow down.  Relax.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:49:02 AM EDT
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By Sykkone:[/span
]
I'd appreciate this thread not devolving into a ALL/EVERY/COP/BAD train wreck. I'd like to learn something from this, and possibly be a little valorous, and not so discretionary. Thanks...

I'd like to thank all the participants in this thread for heeding the OP's wishes.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:14:03 PM EDT
Maybe I'm just getting old, but I doubt I would have tried to pass three cars going slightly under the speed limit if I was going to turn off in 3/4 of a mile anyway.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:23:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Alex_F:
Maybe I'm just getting old, but I doubt I would have tried to pass three cars going slightly under the speed limit if I was going to turn off in 3/4 of a mile anyway.

Like the person who has to beat you on the green light, move in front of you...only to slow down and turn a hundred yards further?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:38:17 PM EDT
You drive like a douche.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:30:15 PM EDT

you are at risk for the law to invite themselves into your life. I think this concept has already been stated as "I(LEO) can follow you and given enough time, find something for which to pull you over". I'm not disagreeing, and I think that if I was a LEO, I could do the same thing, if so inclined.
I think you and I probably differently define aggressive driving.

So... how would ARFCOM have passed the car? Keep in mind... 3 cars, enough room between them to pass one at a time, almost a 1/2 mile of passing zone, no opposing traffic.

Were you going more than 40 mph?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top