Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 2:23:09 PM EDT
I received a call today from a solicitor trying to raise donations for support.  I really didn't have a problem with the call just the motivation the telemarketer was trying to use....it kind of insulted my intelligence.

He said the United Nations was considering revoking our 2nd Amendment rights.   I told him that the United Nations could not revoke the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.   He insisted that the UN would be voting on this....soon, and asked if I'd like to send a message to the UN to keep their hands off our 2nd Amendment rights.  

Now there are a lot of things that could threaten our rights, but the UN isn't one of them.  I told him I was more concerned with the future make-up of the Supreme Court, and what Congress might do...I could care less about the UN.   I told him he needed better motivation then the a United Nations "threat" to raise funds.   That asking for support for realistic threats was one thing but asking me to give money to keep the UN from "revoking" the 2nd Amendment insulted my intelligence.  

My God, do these people think we are all tinfoil wearing idiots?   What's next "UFO's take the White House", or FEMA comming to get me?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Did the telemarketer claim to be from the NRA?

Did you get the TM company's name?

If you had that, you should bring it to the NRA's attention. Chances are that it's a scam though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully you don't owe that guy an apology by the end of the month.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In before the pic of the UN helmet with a bullet hole  

Too fast Mark ... much too fast ...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I received a call today from a solicitor trying to raise donations for support.  I really didn't have a problem with the call just the motivation the telemarketer was trying to use....it kind of insulted my intelligence.

He said the United Nations was considering revoking our 2nd Amendment rights.   I told him that the United Nations could not revoke the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.   He insisted that the UN would be voting on this....soon, and asked if I'd like to send a message to the UN to keep their hands off our 2nd Amendment rights.  

Now there are a lot of things that could threaten our rights, but the UN isn't one of them.  I told him I was more concerned with the future make-up of the Supreme Court, and what Congress might do...I could care less about the UN.   I told him he needed better motivation then the a United Nations "threat" to raise funds.   That asking for support for realistic threats was one thing but asking me to give money to keep the UN from "revoking" the 2nd Amendment insulted my intelligence.  

My God, do these people think we are all tinfoil wearing idiots?   What's next "UFO's take the White House", or FEMA comming to get me?

Well the first problem is you are wrong.

http://patdollard.com/2009/05/us-gun-owners-to-face-extradition-and-foreign-prosecution-obama-wants-international-control-of-gun-ownership/

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, the UN will have that authority when Obammy abdicates US soveriegnty to them. Based on what I've seen, I wouldn't put it past him.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes.

His pitch must be working, it just didn't work on you. I'm sure you weren't the first person he called and used that line on. If he is still using it, I'm sure it's working. I would be more disappointed at however told him to tell people that, especially if that someone is part of the NRA.

I'm sure there are a few more people at gun shops and gun shows spreading this BS thanks to this pitch.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually the caller is right. With Obama in power, the UN will try to get gun controll through international treaty, which only takes 2/3 congress aproval to ratify. Obama would be all for this. This is nothing new, the last time the UN tried to get the US on board, the Bush Admin would not cooperate because of the 2nd Amendment. I'm afraid the Obama Admin. will be waaay more cooperative with the UN than Bush was.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually the caller is right. With Obama in power, the UN will try to get gun control through international treaty, which only takes 2/3 congress approval to ratify. Obama would be all for this. This is nothing new, the last time the UN tried to get the US on board, the Bush Admin would not cooperate because of the 2nd Amendment. I'm afraid the Obama Admin. will be waaay more cooperative with the UN than Bush was.

It would be the Republicans wet dream if he tried this....it would be the best "GET OUT THE VOTE" campaign the Republicans could ask for.  Talk about political suicide.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Actually the caller is right. With Obama in power, the UN will try to get gun controll through international treaty, which only takes 2/3 congress aproval to ratify. Obama would be all for this. This is nothing new, the last time the UN tried to get the US on board, the Bush Admin would not cooperate because of the 2nd Amendment. I'm afraid the Obama Admin. will be waaay more cooperative with the UN than Bush was.

He would never get 2/3 approval for this. This is more politically suicidal than an AWB. Plus no republican will approve and they still have more than a 1/3 majority.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Something is wrong here....

I didn't get this call or any emails about it.
My wife hasn't gotten anything and nobody else I've talked to about it has either.
It may not be the NRA.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#12]
First NEVER accept telephone solicitations even if they are calling for your kid's school.

Make them put a stamp on it and mail it. It cuts out just about 95% of them.

Second...what in the hell makes anyone think that obama or any other politician would give up ANY power of any kind to anyone? It is contrary to everything in their being to give up power. They TAKE power.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He would never get 2/3 approval for this. This is more politically suicidal than an AWB. Plus no republican will approve and they still have more than a 1/3 majority.

True. Good point. I'm just real pessimistic when it comes to "the one" I guess.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting, I get email alerts from The NRA all the time, haven't received anything like what you've described.

Just checked my phone for messages, none.

How did you ascertain this 'solicitor' was raising funds on behalf of the NRA?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#15]
The UN can if this new world order BS that B-Rok keeps bringing us takes hold. They see international law overturns our constitution.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Interesting, I get email alerts from The NRA all the time, haven't received anything like what you've described.

Just checked my phone for messages, none.

How did you ascertain this 'solicitor' was raising funds on behalf of the NRA?

Bingo, my first thought.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something is wrong here....

I didn't get this call or any emails about it.
My wife hasn't gotten anything and nobody else I've talked to about it has either.
It may not be the NRA.

So in other words, if you didn't see or hear it, it didn't happen?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Keep dreaming. We almost nominated three for President that would gleefully vote for this. We have more than enough support on both sides who will sell us all out the moment they think it will give the government what it needs.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top