Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 1:22:10 PM EDT
Do you think there should have been massive protests (like the ones currently going on in Iran) here in the US after Obama was elected? Keep in mind the ACORN factor.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno, but I remember reading about a number of inner-city types who were disappointed they didn't have a reason to riot when the Kenyan got elected.

-K
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
No. As much as I hate the Kenyan, I do not believe that the election deserved riots in protest.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
No, he hadn't done anything yet. Protesters would just be right-wing versions of leftist tools.

Now is the right time for protests.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
He got the popular vote. Am I happy? No. But just because someone you didn't like is President, doesn't mean you go into rebellion anytime you don't like the election results. We aren't a bunch of fucking savages.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
There were protests.....civilized ones called Tax Day Tea Parties....largely ignored by the media.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Do you think there should have been massive protests (like the ones currently going on in Iran) here in the US after Obama was elected? Keep in mind the ACORN factor.

No....

He won legitimately, by a margin that precludes a stolen election.

'ACORN' may be a popular excuse, but since we have the electoral college it is VERY hard to steal a Presidential election...

ACORN cannot do thinks like make Virginia go 'blue'....

So Overseas-style election riots/proto-revolutionary activity is not justified...

Now, CIVILIZED protests like the tea parties, against his POLICIES - that is VERY MUCH called for...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]
No.

2012? Yes...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

He got the popular vote. Am I happy? No. But just because someone you didn't like is President, doesn't mean you go into rebellion anytime you don't like the election results. We aren't a bunch of fucking savages.

I completely agree with you! A friend of mine was telling me that there should have been massive protests because of all of the shit that Obama got away with and how the media chose to ignore it, for the most part.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
there were.

you forget the tea parties already. the difference is we don't burn down neighborhoods.

Yeah, and we also gave him the chance to fuck up first before protesting. We weren't protesting immediately after the election and doing a right-wing retread of 2000.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, and before since eligibility was never proven.

eta: Funny how many of you call him the Kenyan, yet think no protest is in order.  Guess you are only calling him that in a joking fashion.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No....

'ACORN' may be a popular excuse, but since we have the electoral college it is VERY hard to steal a Presidential election...

So Overseas-style election riots/proto-revolutionary activity is not justified...

Now, CIVILIZED protests like the tea parties, against his POLICIES - that is VERY MUCH called for...

Hear hear! We don't burn cities or whine about stolen elections.

But we should have more tea parties!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No. As much as I hate the Kenyan, I do not believe that the election deserved riots in protest.

+1
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#14]
By the time Obama is done doing what he does best(destroying America)there will be a mess that will take at least a couple of decades to fix. And that time frame is extremely optomistic. The time for major protest is NOW.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

eta: Funny how many of you call him the Kenyan, yet think no protest is in order.  Guess you are only calling him that in a joking fashion.

There was no legitimate question of eligibility, and no law stating what 'proof' he needed to submit, or to whom said proof must be submitted... Congress has the authority to enact such a law (Nessicary & Proper Clause) but has not done so at any time in the history of the Republic....

The deranged rantings of a hillary-supporting 9/11 troofer do not count as a 'legitimate question'....

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No....

If there was such an obvious stolen election in the US, I would damn well hope that we'd do a bit more than just riot....

BUT unlike Iran, where the election was a sham to start, the US has so many checks & balances that fraud on the order we saw in Iran (the whole election being an orchestrated sham) is near impossible...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Protest on that scale will only happen here only if any one or a combination of the following happen:

TV signal goes away
Grocery store runs out of food
Fast food joints run out of food
Government checks stop flowing
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No....

If there was such an obvious stolen election in the US, I would damn well hope that we'd do a bit more than just riot....

BUT unlike Iran, where the election was a sham to start, the US has so many checks & balances that fraud on the order we saw in Iran (the whole election being an orchestrated sham) is near impossible...

My point is that we shouldn't be like the people that screamed about Bush stealing the election just because they lost.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

There was no legitimate question of eligibility, and no law stating what 'proof' he needed to submit, or to whom said proof must be submitted... Congress has the authority to enact such a law (Nessicary & Proper Clause) but has not done so at any time in the history of the Republic....

The deranged rantings of a hillary-supporting 9/11 troofer do not count as a 'legitimate question'....

There still is much to call a legitimate question.  Seems that even Kenyan officials and obama relatives were claiming he was born in Kenya until they found out such a thing would make him ineligible for the office. Rumor has it that 400,000 people now have signed a petition to see his documents (long BC, school records, passport).  Why spend millions of $$ to hide info that divides the country if you have nothing to hide?

I know this topic has been beaten to death here already, so no reason to go down that path again.  This is just my reasoning for my stance.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#21]

No. Marching in protest isn't going to fix anything.

Revolution? Yes.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Protest on that scale will only happen here only if any one or a combination of the following happen:

TV signal goes away
Grocery store runs out of food
Fast food joints run out of food
Government checks stop flowing

I'm ready to riot just thinking about it!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No.

Revolution? Yes.

Now you've gone and done it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Revolution? Yes.

What will that accomplish? 60%+ of the country voted for dems. More than half of the country isn't going to side with you, and even more than that, even people who hate Obama will still not support an attempt to overthrow the US goverment just because you don't like the guy that got elected.

We don't fucking overthrow the government everytime a few of us don't like the results. What would have done if the liberals were so pissed about Bush getting re-elected in 2004 and decided they didn't like the results and tried to overthrow it?

And If I am mistaken, anti-government posts are a COC violation.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No....

Wanna bet? All it takes is politically naieve constintuants, and super corrupt politicians to pull it off. The power of Wshington has grown to the point where it can do basically what it damn well pleases. You yourself have said so many times(almost gleefully). I love how your posts in this thread resemble alot of your other posts. "Move along folks, nothing to see here".  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#26]
With all the Acorn and Black Panther type of things going on maybe there should have been?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What will that accomplish? 60%+ 52% of the country voted for dems. More than half of the country isn't going to side with you, and even more than that, even people who hate Obama will still not support an attempt to overthrow the US goverment just because you don't like the guy that got elected.

Fixed.

Quoted:
We don't fucking overthrow the government everytime a few of us don't like the results. What would have done if the liberals were so pissed about Bush getting re-elected in 2004 and decided they didn't like the results and tried to overthrow it?

Don't lie, you'd have liked to see the results of that as much as I would.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
With all the Acorn and Black Panther type of things going on maybe there should have been?

This, plus the media and Hollywood being a 24/7 campaign ad for the one. Situation is corrupted beyond hope. Lost cause.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No, he hadn't done anything yet. Protesters would just be right-wing versions of leftist tools.

Now is the right time for protests.

Absofuckinglutely!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Revolution? Yes.

What will that accomplish? 60%+ of the country voted for dems. More than half of the country isn't going to side with you, and even more than that, even people who hate Obama will still not support an attempt to overthrow the US goverment just because you don't like the guy that got elected.

And If I am mistaken, anti-government posts are a COC violation.

If you say so.
It's much more than not liking the results. It's a culmination of everything gone so wrong in this country and even if it was only 25%, that's not a little amount of people. You can side which way you like obviously as you have and we each will, but more people are deciding they've had about of enough of the same old same old everyday. This is not liberals were seeing getting pissed off either, nor am " I " plotting or planning anything anti-government. I'm just saying in discussion. Who's getting pissed off though have teeth, unlike liberals.
Oh, I'm sure there are riots coming, but I doubt as "tame" as Iran's were.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top