Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2001 4:33:57 AM EDT
Another reason why I want to keep my AR.

[url]www.cnn.com/2001/US/04/10/cincinnati.protest.04/index.html?s=7[/url]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#1]
More race crap.  Just skimming the article, I see mention of black men etc multiple times.

ie, Thomas is the fifth black male since September to die while being pursued or taken into custody by Cincinnati police officers.

Wonder if Jesse is on his way to Cincinnati now?

Link Posted: 4/11/2001 5:53:35 AM EDT
[#2]
This might be the only way we'll ever know what Cinci would like like if the Bengals won the Super Bowl. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 6:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, here comes a BLACK topic, and it AINT AR's....

I moved west FROM Cincinnati...There is NO doubt in my mind, Cincy IS the MOST rascist city IN Amerika.... PERIOD....

The Bengals HAD Big Daddy, WHO ALSO left town...Remember HIS reasoning???? RASCISM IN CINCY....Alive and well....TRUST ME!!!!

OUT HERE....
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I think is funny that to protest social injustice they burn and loot their own neighborhood. I just don't understand!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I could never understand myself the point of destroying your own town over anything.  It's like killing yourself to protest suicide.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:19:08 AM EDT
[#6]
They burn and loot their own neighborhood because that is the only place that will tolerate that kind of behavior.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Gee....there`s probably some "profiling" going on there ..ya think?.......[pistol]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Just another example of your worthless colored.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I moved west FROM Cincinnati...There is NO doubt in my mind, Cincy IS the MOST rascist city IN Amerika.... PERIOD....
View Quote

Of course, you'd have to have visited [b]every[/b] city in the USA to know that.  I'll assume you've been around. [;)]

Why didn't the Feds go after Cincinnati's police department the way they went after Columbus's?
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The cop screwed up big time.  Whether it's reason to start a riot I couldn't say, but any riot is reason to keep your AR at the ready.  As long as Cinnci keeps their trouble down there and it doesn't wander up 71 towards Columbus I'll be happy.  Defending you property and life has nothing to do with race.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah I see the racism happening all the time here. Just look at all those rioters attacking white people. Oh wait, when a black person attacks a white person because he is white it is not considered racism. Sorry I forgot.

Here is a link to more info
[url]http://www.cincinnatipost.com/2001/apr/11/riot041101.html
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I could never understand myself the point of destroying your own town over anything.  It's like killing yourself to protest suicide.  
View Quote

Now THAT is quite the analogy. Good work. I wish I came up with that one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#13]
i lived in that area for many years(10)and what suprises me is that it's taken this long for the people to fight back.this is just the latest in a long line of unarmed blacks who have been shot,beat and/or strangled to death while in the custody of cincinnati's finest.new york city has nothing on cincy in this regard,you just hear about it more when it happens in the big city.the Over The Rhine area where this is happening is a mixed neighborhood(down and out ain't got no color)that gets along just fine with each other.this isn't a black againist white issue but one of police(both black & white)murdering unarmed civilians.just my $0.02.mmk
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Racism is colorless and does not know political affilliation. it may be that cinncinati might have racists, but i dont see how the destruction of personal property and beating up white people shows others why racism is wrong.

it seems to me people just want an excuse to smash stuff.

non-racist lib out...
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#15]
rrrr shit. it's the homeboy shopping network. yo what u need bro.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I Live Here in Cincinnati And man is it getting bad ,they are burning buildings by Findlay Market ,Looting and just plain being idiots.Police are firing beanbags and CS teargassing the hell out of them Need real bullets and that would be a crimestopper!just my opinon
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I Live Here in Cincinnati And man is it getting bad ,they are burning buildings by Findlay Market ,Looting and just plain being idiots.Police are firing beanbags and CS teargassing the hell out of them. Need real bullets , that would be a crimestopper!just my opinon
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I Live Here in Cincinnati And man is it getting bad ,they are burning buildings by Findlay Market ,Looting and just plain being idiots.Police are firing beanbags and CS teargassing the hell out of them. Need real bullets , that would be a crimestopper!just my opinon I say Call out puff the magic dragon or maybe napalm.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#20]
lay it in the middle of the base, those people have it not us over?????
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I live so close to Cincinnati that I got a great view of the skyline from my back yard! I rarely cross over into Ohio beacause of the CCW laws, so I stay in Ky and feel a lot safer. Ohio needs a CCW to prevent this mass act of lawlessness.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Just heard the mayor give a speech on the radio.  He announced a city wide curfew. No one is allowed on the streets between 8pm and 6am walking or driving unless they are going or coming from work. Concerts and activities for the weekend have been canceled and they are talking with the national guard about helping out. He said it depends on how it goes tonight wither or not they call in the National Guard and he also compared what is going on in Cinci right now with Beirut.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Matt,

You have me. I have NOT been in EVERY city in Amerika. I have been in 49 states, 8 foreign countries, 3 continents, but NOT every US city.

I dont know why they wont, but I DO know what goes on there. Is this an answer? NO!

This is more like.. Brutality and injustice for all....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top