Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 4:13:04 PM EDT
Yesterday my wife and I were out for a nice drive.  We went out to a flea market and then were on the way to a local gun shop to look at a new shotgun I was wanting.  As I went passed the post office I noticed there were a lot of people out in front with signs, and then as I went passed them they started yelling out at passing cars.

Well I was caught looking at them and I did not see the car in front of me was stopped.  Bam I hit her.  As I got of my car I then saw the signs were anti bush and anti war signs.  They were also shouting anti slogans.  When the saw the accident they left in a hurry.

When the cop arrived I explaned what happend and he told me that it has happened before in the past.  When ever he sees them there he always chases them out.

I know the ultimate responsibilty is mine for watching where I am going but it still makes me mad that they are out there yelling and distracting motorists.

On a side note.  When the cop showed up the first thing I told him.  "It is mu duty to let you know that I have a CPL (concieled pistol licence) and that I had a weapon in the truck."  He said thanks for letting him know and that it did not bother him.  When I handed him my drivers license I also included my CPL.  He handed it back I said he did not need to see it.  Quite the oppisite from what I expected.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It's unfortunate you had an accident because of those idiots. It's safe to say had it not been for them, the accident would not have happened. I hate to say it, but it's almost too bad it wasn't about 10 of these pukes standing there instead of another person who had to be involved because of the distraction these asshats were creating. I hear hippies make good hood ornaments. Geesh, what a waste of sidewalk space.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
sue them.

this day in age. you could probably win.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Origionaly posted by Triumph955i:
sue them.

this day in age. you could probably win.

+1
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
watch in front of you
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The same thing happened to me but there wasn't enough damage to warrant any action (we both felt it bump... couldnt find nothing wrong)

The protesters didn't scurry tho... just dumn kids.

You don't have a legal leg to stand on in this instance.   I'm so lucky I didn't do any damage... cause it would have been MY fault. No doubt about it.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't be a liberal - YOUR inattention caused the accident.

If you would have hit one of the protesters it would have been fair game

Gee, bobwrench, I guess it's a good thing they didn't discombobulate you to the point where you drove right into them....

Bowling For Protestors...STRIKE!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Too bad about the bump & grind.  Hope no one was hurt.  The COWARDS that were whinning on the side showed what they are worth.  Take heart tho, I'd bet two small rifle primers they'll be on DU braggin' about the accident they caused.

BTW, I got the same reaction from a cop this past spring when I advised him I had a CCW and was carrying.  The guy in the other car nearly pissed his pants when I advised.  Before the cop arrived the other guy had been a bit of an asshat & did say he should punch my lights out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree you should sue them.  Find out what organization was sponsoring the riot and sue.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Try looking at the road while you're driving. These things wont happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top