Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 9:27:51 PM EDT
Well vote and talk amongst yourselves.  Why or why not?  Fundies and Nanny-state advocates feel free to add to the debate.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IBTP

edit: what a waste of 4K----- oh well, like my life is going to be any different now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTP
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I say legal.  No morality police.  Less crime, since peoples perversions have an outlet.  Disease a concern though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Legal everywhere.  Consenting adults exchanging things of value for other things/services of value to be negotiated before services are rendered.  If I can hire someone to mow my lawn, I should be able to hire a woman to give me a hummer.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Legal everywhere.  Consenting adults exchanging things of value for other things/services of value to be negotiated before services are rendered.  If I can hire someone to mow my lawn, I should be able to hire a woman to give me a hummer.

Big +1 here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Legalize it, don't criticize it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Legal everywhere.  The women ain't going to like it, but that means less control for them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
it should be legalized

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Legal as long as they get checked out by doctors regular to be sure they are disease free. I wouldn't use them but believe it should be legal.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I am thus far happy with the results.  What is peak hour for fundie traffic???  I want to hear what they have to say.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big +1 here.

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Legal everywhere… huh.

Boy I know I want hookers standing on the street corner across from my home.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Legal as long as they get checked out by doctors regular to be sure they are disease free. I wouldn't use them but believe it should be legal.

How often though?  Weekly?  How many guys does a good hooker flip in a day?  I have never been to vegas.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Should be up to the state at a minimum, and ideally decided upon as locally as possible. Some towns want it, some don't. I could care less either way.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Legal everywhere… huh.

Red light districts like in Amsterdam are the answer.  You are only going thier for one reason.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Legal everywhere… huh.

Not if your neiborhood isn't zoned for....business
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Legal everywhere… huh.

So not everywhere huh...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Legal everywhere… huh.

Red light districts like in Amsterdam are the answer.  You are only going thier for one reason.

That is not everywhere now is it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Legal everywhere… huh.

That is primarily a problem where prostitution is illegal. If there were licensed brothels, the vast majority of them would not be on the streets.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Legal everywhere… huh.

So not everywhere huh...

Of course not.  Use it or don't use it I am pretty sure most do not want brothels in most areas.  You can also concentrate police presence in RLDs too.  It would not be like gun shops and fried chicken stands in the hood.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Legal everywhere… huh.

That is not everywhere now is it.

No, it is not everywhere. It is in a specifically zoned area so it doesn't cause a problem for residential areas. That's what regulation and real control does.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Legal everywhere… huh.

So not everywhere huh...

Of course not.  Use it or don't use it I am pretty sure most do not want brothels in most areas.  You can also concentrate police presence in RLDs too.  It would not be like gun shops and fried chicken stands in the hood.

Words mean things... you said everywhere not me.

So you are changing the question now and editing the mess.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#24]
IATP

Legal ...
(in after the poll )
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Legal everywhere… huh.

So not everywhere huh...

Words mean things... you said everywhere not me.

So you are changing the question now and editing the mess.

I said nationally not everywhere, that was MoparMike.  I would presume the freedom loving type would know in some capacity what a red light district is or at the least how brothels are generally handled socially.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Interesting how many here are anti abortion but pro legalized prostitution.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
That is primarily a problem where prostitution is illegal. If there were licensed brothels, the vast majority of them would not be on the streets.

Although I have no problem with prostitution being legalized, the vast majority of them would still be on the streets. Most prostitutes are crack ho's and others of their ilk and any kind of medical standard at all would keep them from a brothel. They stay awake 23 hours a day going from one blow job to the next in order to support their habit. While the thought of a legalized brothel might seem great, 98% of the prostitutes would still be out on the streets.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Although I have no problem with prostitution being legalized, the vast majority of them would still be on the streets. Most prostitutes are crack ho's and others of their ilk and any kind of medical standard at all would keep them from a brothel. They stay awake 23 hours a day going from one blow job to the next in order to support their habit. While the thought of a legalized brothel might seem great, 98% of the prostitutes would still be out on the streets.

So why isn't that true where prostitution is legal?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

See things from the prostitutes angle.  Every protection ei. condoms and birth control will be taken they are really seperate issues.  Furthermore why should paying for a blowjob be illegal?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So why isn't that true where prostitution is legal?

Yep Wolfman97 nailed it.  The brothel ho will likely be cleaner and less likely to be disease ridden.  Furthermore I would not stick any part of me in a crackwhore, that is rolling the dice too much I want some protections.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#31]
To quote Carlin:

"Is selling legal? Yes.
Is fucking legal? Yes.
So why isn't selling fucking legal?
Why should it be illegal to sell something that's perfectly ok to give away for free?"
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See things from the prostitutes angle.  Every protection ei. condoms and birth control will be taken they are really seperate issues.  Furthermore why should paying for a blowjob be illegal?

but both acts are still immoral and that is what many anti's are basing their beliefs on.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
To quote Carlin:

"Is selling legal? Yes.
Is fucking legal? Yes.
So why isn't selling fucking legal?
Why should it be illegal to sell something that's perfectly ok to give away for free?"

I used to think of him as a prophet now he is a libtard.  Dissappointing.  We all owe him a debt for free speech issues though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

but both acts are still immoral and that is what many anti's are basing their beliefs on.

and for the non-believers and non-hypocrites?  It boils down to them shoving their shit down our throats.  No pun intended.  Thats whats wrong with this society.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and for the non-believers and non-hypocrites?  It boils down to them shoving their shit down our throats.  No pun intended.  Thats whats wrong with this society.

agreed
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There you go promoting immoral life styles again...and that's my job mister
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#37]
A shit load of prostitution goes on everyday in neighbor hoods you would never suspect.

Massage girls, private underware models, cleaning services and of course ,call girls.

You never know what's going on at your neighbors house while you're at work.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Add another one :)

We pay for it one way or another....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Ugh.  "Everywhere" in this instance means in all states and cities, etc.  Is there a special contingent of "Technicality Nazis" training for posts like mine?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#40]
for all intents and purposes, it is legal. the key is in they way the transaction is handled. it is very difficult to prove money for sex if done correctly.  of course there are people who are stupid about the way they do it and get popped for their stupidity.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Ugh.  "Everywhere" in this instance means in all states and cities, etc.  Is there a special contingent of "Technicality Nazis" training for posts like mine?

I don't know about you, but I didn't interpret "everywhere" as meaning every street corner and schoolyard. More like in properly zoned areas, like any other business.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Many people see abortion as murder.  I'm pretty sure prostitution doesn't equal muder to most logical people (except to some fundies maybe).  

If the question asked was "Should muder be legal if I have a good reason?" and most people voted "yes" than I can see your line of reasoning about abortion.

Oh, and yes prostitution should be legal.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody pays one way or another
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Id like to get a live in mexican chick to suck me for pennies and scraps.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Legal prostitution will save American millions of dollars, instead of wasting all that dough on dressing nice, learning to dance, and buying expensive drinks all night in hope of nailing a broad, guys will just spend $20 and get it over with.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#46]
It's not going to make a difference either way.  Doesn't affect me, because I'd never hire a prostitute.  They're always going to be there as long as there is a demand for sex in exchange for money.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#47]
[carlin]Selling is legal, fucking is legal. Why isn't selling fucking legal?![/carlin]

I'm ok with prostitution, it's the crime brought with it that I'm against, ie pimps and fights etc. If people would do business the right way, no one would have a problem, and no harm no foul.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Bump for day crew and fundies.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Legal everywhere… huh.

Well, at least you'll be able to wave one in for a friday nooner!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#50]
???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top