Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 11:24:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/6/2004 11:24:55 AM EST by xbigfootx]
Like there was any doubt that it was self defense. I'd almost be money that the 11 O Clock news will have someone saying she should be charged.

www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm19694_20040506.htm

Thursday, May 6, 2004

BY BEN SCHMITT
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Wayne County prosecutors announced Thursday that Detroiter Barbara Holland will not face criminal charges in connection with the shooting death of a man during a robbery attempt in the city last month.

Holland, 38, a business owner, shot and killed Clabe Hunt, 42, on April 13 as Hunt shoved his way into her home on Troester near Hayes with a gun, police said.

Holland, who had just left work, had a 9 mm gun in a holster. She drew the weapon after stumbling backwards when Hunt pushed open her side door and shot him, police said.

Hunt was an ex-con carrying a loaded, semiautomatic handgun, which was not registered to him. Holland's gun was licensed.

Prosecutors determined the shooting be self-defense.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:01:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By xbigfootx:

Prosecutors determined the shooting be self-defense.

NO SHIT!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:07:44 AM EST
good news, one less bad guy, if she would not have responded in such a way she may have been raped and or killed
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:17:09 AM EST

Hunt was an ex-con carrying a loaded, semiautomatic handgun, which was not registered to him. Holland's gun was licensed.

So...we now have registered and licensed handguns...WOW!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:34:01 AM EST
This was nice, it was on the local news pretty close to the start of the show. My wife and I high-fived when we heard it. I'm very sorry it happened to her, but glad she was able to defend herself.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:56:19 AM EST
Well, one less bad guy. I say we buy the lady a Beer.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:58:21 AM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...we now have registered and licensed handguns...WOW!

In michigan, as long as i can remember, we've had to registered pistols, this is nothing new here in Detroit
Top Top