Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2004 10:06:00 AM EDT
Every now and again, one of our salesmen has some trouble with his company provided laptop.  Well, one particular salesman called me and described some auto-shutdown stuff going on...  typical Sasser virus.  I tell him to box  it up and send it back to me.

This is what I got when I opened the box...

For clarification, that is an HP laptop, with no padding around the perimeter, with an old towel and an empty Go-Jo bottle, for extra padding.

The silly thing is, the laptop booted right up, after making the trip like this from Memphis to Cleveland.

It was the Sasser virus, by the way.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Ahhhhh - Sales Force Automation.  What a great idea that was.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]

You really have to wonder about some people.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Ummmm....that's pretty bad to pawn off on ignorance.  Maybe he's just showing you how much he hates his computer by the utter lack of care he took to ship it.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to do PC support for my company.   One not-so-bright employee shipped theirs in an unpadded manilla envelope.   No shit.

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ummmm....that's pretty bad to pawn off on ignorance.  Maybe he's just showing you how much he hates his computer by the utter lack of care he took to ship it.

Man, I've pulled close to a buck in dimes out of a public lab machine's vents.. Seems there was a sign on the front, "Copies $0.10".  Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow users.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top