Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 6:52:58 PM EDT
Anybody know where I can find a guide to the proper placement of military unit patches and the reverse flag etc.......

I know where they go on the uniform but how far down from the shoulder seam, I can't find.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?..................anyone?.......................
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
670-1
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont know but look herewww.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/9283/page18.html

Why are the flags reversed?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I dont know but look herewww.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/9283/page18.html

Why are the flags reversed?

Because you want the blue field facing forward no matter which side the flag is on.  That way it never looks like we perform retrograde operations.  There's more history to it than that, but that's the gist of it.  There is a flag patch for each shoulder but we only wear the one on the right shoulder.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I know one reason is it symbolizes carrying the flag and as it would be seen going...forward into battle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks, got that AR-670 (Adobe) ALL 300++++ pages of it!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]
1/2 inch down from the seam at the top of the sleeve. Centered, as best you can considering the CREASE you MUST have. Do not CREASE the patch. Flag on right sleeve.

I'm an ARMY wife. I know these things.(actually its azcopwannabee, I forgot to log the wife out!!)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
1/2 inch down from the seam at the top of the sleeve. Centered, as best you can considering the CREASE you MUST have. Do not CREASE the patch.

Yup, flag goes below the combat patch if ya rate it... but if ya did odds are ya wouldn't be asking.

Download the AR 670-1 and save it to your HD... it will come in handy at times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top