Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 3:51:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
who cares? anyone who thinks that europe is some great "friend" to the US is pretty blind.  they would stab us in the back the instant we turned around.  the only reason they pretend to be on our side is they hate the asians more.

europe is a den of jackals and a fair weather friend at best.... not to be trusted

eta: no offense vito
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess this movie was released too late to qualify for an oscar nomination...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
who cares? anyone who thinks that europe is some great "friend" to the US is pretty blind.  they would stab us in the back the instant we turned around.  the only reason they pretend to be on our side is they hate the asians more.

europe is a den of jackals and a fair weather friend at best.... not to be trusted

No offence taken, vito is not 'Eurpean'. God saw fit to put a 22 mile stretch of water and a language barrier between me and 'Europe'..'Europeans' don't speak English.

ANdy

nicely said
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No offence taken, vito is not 'Eurpean'. God saw fit to put a 22 mile stretch of water and a language barrier between me and 'Europe'..'Europeans' don't speak English.

ANdy

Also, keep in mind that "Europe" is no more a uniform entity that "North America" is.

I don't hold the U.S. responsible for what Mexico or Canada does, nor do I paint all of North America with the same brush.  I understand that Canada, Mexico and the USA are three distinct countries, with different cultures, foreign policies, etc.

There are MANY countries in Europe in addition to the U.K. that are good friends to the United States, and blanket dismissal of all of them, just because of some of the bad ones is a disservice to those strong allies.  

Just as my own example, Denmark (obviously ) has been a great ally of the U.S. in the entire war on terror, and to say that they would "stab you in the back" and only "pretend to be your friend" is offensive bullshit, and totally dismisses the fact that they stood with the U.S. in the war in Iraq, and have been a steadfast partner in the war from the get-go.  There ARE lots of countries (and groups) in Europe that are complete pussies, and undoubtedly would stab the U.S. in the back, but please don't paint all countries with a broad brush because of that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Screw 'em, if they are that dumb they deserve what they got coming.  How about we pull all the aid and support to Turkey.  Perhaps maybe they would be a bit nicer had they been a Soviet Satelite State for all those years.  Didn't we have nukes and shit there for a while?

We have not yet began to play Cowboys and....

Napolean Tanerite for Emporer!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Screw 'em, if they are that dumb they deserve what they got coming.  How about we pull all the aid and support to Turkey.  Perhaps maybe they would be a bit nicer had they been a Soviet Satelite State for all those years.  Didn't we have nukes and shit there for a while?

We have not yet began to play Cowboys and....

Napolean Tanerite for Emporer!

Let's pull aid from ourselves because of all the America-hating movies that come from Hollywierd while we are at it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No offence taken, vito is not 'European'. God saw fit to put a 22 mile stretch of water and a language barrier between me and 'Europe'..'Europeans' don't speak English.

ANdy

IOW, "Wogs begin at Calais".....

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Screw Iran.....Let's nuke Europe!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#11]
""What is even more interesting is that there are two American film
actors in this movie, Billy Zane, who starred in "Titanic," and Gary Busey, star of “The Buddy Holly Story.”""

Someone gonna slap the sh*& out of these 2?  WTF is wrong with them.  I used to kinda respect Busey.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
""What is even more interesting is that there are two American film
actors in this movie, Billy Zane, who starred in "Titanic," and Gary Busey, star of “The Buddy Holly Story.”""

Someone gonna slap the sh*& out of these 2?  WTF is wrong with them.  I used to kinda respect Busey.

Didn't Busey have a major problem with alcohol or drugs?  I seem to recall that.  Be a shame if he had a fatal overdose...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No offence taken, vito is not 'European'. God saw fit to put a 22 mile stretch of water and a language barrier between me and 'Europe'..'Europeans' don't speak English.

ANdy

This movie may well be a hit with the Turks, and ROP'ers in DE, but so would a flick that glorified Pancho Villa, if it ran in Southern California.  The Turks are going to root for themselves -- Even if it's not true.

It's a closely held secret in Germany; 'American' culture runs close to the surface -- too close for comfort.  Most Germans will humor the American in a good-natured way, and the ones who draw a living most directly from the US presence will really go out of their way to prove their appreciation.

The German people appreciate the economic benefits of foreign tourists and residents, and traveling in the country will make you think you are in a huge theme park:  'Germanyland' !  The people are very protective of their home-grown industries, tho', and you don't see many American chain stores, or products.  Lots of German cars.  German fast food.  I suspect that they look down on influences on their culture that they feel will threaten theirs.  Still they are there.

A careful observer will see signs of American influence, and I started to amuse myself looking for it last fall, when I was there for a month.   One young lady, riding the train home late after school one night, fought with the door of the train furiously for a few moments, slammed it open and turned around on the platform to announce:  " I HATE THAT FUCK!NG THING !!! )"  

College students, old men, locals who want to chat -- even a loner like me will meet lots of people who not only speak English, but have ties to the USA, and want to talk.

I have gotten to the point where I will just say: " Sprechien sie Americanish?",  or Isch faschia nisht  -- Isch spreshien nooah Americaanisch!"    ( I spell bad in G. )  That way I throw it right in their face.  I am not an 'English Speaker' in some generic sense -- I am American, I'm speaking my native tongue.

At that point, many will make the leap and dust off their own 'English', and communicate.  Most  I've talked to don't sound Canadian, Australian, or British.   When they ask where I'm from, I say " The West Coast", and they know exactly what I mean.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top