Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/5/2002 3:10:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/5/2002 3:27:37 AM EST by Stormbringer]
[url]http://www.canada.com/vancouver/story.asp?id={09E8FD41-D87E-4C30-A80B-325ADCEA1E28}[/url] All I can say is WOW!! Oh read some of the comments from Liberal animal rights types....mind you other people are taking good care of them. You do not need to register to post.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:25:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/5/2002 3:25:50 AM EST by The-Immortal]
a true bad-ass -- undoubtedly an American unfortunately transplanted to Canada
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:48:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:10:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/5/2002 7:12:57 AM EST by cgwahl]
When Dave Parker staggered up to Jeff Reaume's loading machine drenched in blood, the astonished logger could only think of one thing to do for the man: Get him to hospital.
View Quote
Glad the guy didn't think, lets have some Mike's Hard Lemonade or something...[:)]
"Every time I see (a cougar) a little chill runs up my back," he says. "I always have my little knife in my pocket and usually I carry my bear spray when I walk my dog. Because you never know, and you only have one chance."
View Quote
Would prefer a high-caliber revolver...[:(]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:18:23 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:20:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/5/2002 7:21:07 AM EST by platform389]
Wish I knew this guy's address. Would send him a nice Benchmade to replace what he had. Always carry a knife Always carry a knife Always carry a knife [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:33:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/5/2002 7:39:33 AM EST by Stormbringer]
You can get a "VERY SPECIAL" permit for a handgun if you are a trapper, prospector or similar. If you are plain Joe Blow you do not have a chance. Platform IM sent
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:47:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/5/2002 7:48:54 AM EST by cgwahl]
Name: conifergreen Occupation: computers Location: Kelowna, B.C. The federal liberals and their animal-rights allies must be hating this. They strictly forbid self-defense,especially with any kind of a weapon.They want us to be passive "non-violent" dead victims. Like someone said earlier in this forum,I hope they now don`t pass some kind of moronic law that forbids the carrying of knifes for self protection. It really wouldn`t surprise me. They have made it impossible to carry a firearm for this purpose. Wasn`t it they who said "if even one life can be saved" when it came to gun control? Well, how about if "one life can be saved" by having a firearm? Lives are saved all the times by guns( like with the bear attack at Laird Hot springs) but this is kept hush, hush as it is politically incorrect and against their pacifist suicidal philosophy. Knives should be carried by people for attacks by viscious dogs as well. Many people have lost their lives and pets or been terribly disfigured by attacking dogs.Everyone has the right to defend themselves to the best of their ability and those that would take this away from us are not good people.
View Quote
Name: Benton Lam Occupation: Location: Burnaby conifergreen: unfortunately the damage is done. Anything that you carry with the intent for self defense - baseball bat, a sharpened stick, a knife, a gun, a pen even - is illegal considered by law. The law says that anything that's designed to harm and the person carrying it intended to use it as such is illegal. In fact, if you carry your Swiss Army Knife and a cop saw that and you say it's for self defence, he/she can take it away from you and possibly book you in to jail. It's all in the Criminal Code. I bring out the point that it's time that these senseless laws should be made clear. People should be allow to have self defence and people should be allowed to have the tools to do so. If they choose to use such tools as assault weapons then they absolutely deserved to be in jail. "Think about it - all God's Critters have knives" - Spyderco (Pocket knife company) Ad We are the only ones who aren't really born with one.
View Quote
Is this true?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:00:55 AM EST
Someone respond to this:
Name: Steveorama E-mail: steveorama@shaw.ca Occupation: Location: Kelowna, B.C. I don't think arming ourselves to the teeth is a solution to the problem. A gun in any household is 80 times more likely to kill one of the occupants than an intruder (trust me, I've done some research). I recall the two unfortunate hunters near Radium Hot Springs were both armed with loaded shotguns and a grizzly killed them both within 60 seconds. I applaud the man who killed the cat in self-defense...the tree-hugging left wingers be hanged. But make no mistake...our forests would be a lot MORE dangerous with everybody carrying a gun out there! I've hiked in bear and cougar country with nothing more than bear spray and a knife, and have never been touched by a predator (although a few have tried, admittedly!). Gun control is good. So is predator-control!
View Quote
I did, but I don't have a grasp of gun-related stats. KBaker could do a nice job!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:01:02 AM EST
Name: Steveorama E-mail: steveorama@shaw.ca Occupation: Location: Kelowna, B.C. I don't think arming ourselves to the teeth is a solution to the problem. A gun in any household is 80 times more likely to kill one of the occupants than an intruder (trust me, I've done some research). I recall the two unfortunate hunters near Radium Hot Springs were both armed with loaded shotguns and a grizzly killed them both within 60 seconds. I applaud the man who killed the cat in self-defense...the tree-hugging left wingers be hanged. But make no mistake...our forests would be a lot MORE dangerous with everybody carrying a gun out there! I've hiked in bear and cougar country with nothing more than bear spray and a knife, and have never been touched by a predator (although a few have tried, admittedly!). Gun control is good. So is predator-control!
View Quote
Yup, did his own research...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:02:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By cgwahl: Yup, did his own research...[rolleyes]
View Quote
Beat ya by 7 sec!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:05:04 AM EST
yes this is true
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:06:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By Torf:
Originally Posted By cgwahl: Yup, did his own research...[rolleyes]
View Quote
Beat ya by 7 sec!
View Quote
Bah...*grumbles*...*mutters incoherant obsenities*...
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:57:47 AM EST
Nice pic of the Cougar, sort of grimacing in his final death throw, or whatever.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:25:05 AM EST
I know it is because of there gun laws, but it needs stated, he brought a knife to a gun fight. Hence the poor fellows face got ripped up. Kudos he is one tough old bird.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:56:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:06:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By CANADIAN_TACTICAL: [url]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=CANADIAN%5FTACTICAL&album_id=90368&image_id=5&courtesy=1[/url]
View Quote
Guess I'm going to have to assume etc. in fight off an attack means stabbing with your sharp metal stabby thing (a knife) or bang bang (as in gun)...
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:23:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:24:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:20:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By CANADIAN_TACTICAL: As you will note it mentions rifle - but never the use of it, in its intented role
View Quote
Geez, missed that...doesn't even say to club the blasted critter...a barrier? How about people just go hiking with buckler shields?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:27:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:33:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By CANADIAN_TACTICAL: [thinking] proof that the only smart JAG lawyers are just TV concepts
View Quote
hehe
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:41:15 PM EST
Top Top