Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2012 11:20:58 AM EDT
Considering starting a YouTube channel and would like to have some on-screen visuals for intro/end title cards, periodic popups, things like that. Curious if Photoshop would cut it since I'm most familiar with it, and they've added some new video based features. Or if one of the other Creative Suite 6 apps would be more appropriate - I am a Creative Cloud subscriber. ()

I like what Military Arms Channel is doing, but the channel I'm putting together would be another discipline altogether.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Use Premiere for the editing of the video, Photoshop for the visual inserts. The whole suite works like... well, a suite.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Photoshop is OK for still graphics. After Effects is much better (but another complex program to learn) for stills and animation.

Assemble in Premiere.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Roger. Downloading Premiere now. Thanks, more complex programs to learn.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Photoshop is OK for still graphics. After Effects is much better (but another complex program to learn) for stills and animation.

Assemble in Premiere.

This.

Link Posted: 10/31/2012 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Roger. Downloading Premiere now. Thanks, more complex programs to learn.

Premiere is easy.

You'll be fine.

I highly recommend this book for it:

Link

Link Posted: 11/1/2012 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]
If you decide to go the After Effects route, I recommend going over Andrew Kramer's tutorials at Video Copilot.  He has tutorials specifically for what you are looking for.

Link Posted: 11/1/2012 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#8]
After Effects is definitely the professional tool that you're after, but as others mentioned, it's a very complex and deep system to master. Aside from the tools though you need to understand the fundamentals of what, when and why (design-side) more than just which button to push in the program. (this is what I do professionally)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top