Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2001 10:07:54 AM EDT
Does anyone out there own a carbon 15.I was wondering what there experience was with it.I have 1140 rounds through it with out a malfunction.The only problem I've had is that it seems to recoil so fast that it will loosen the rings from the base if there not really tight.the only mags i've used have been orlites.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
i once asked a similar question. i dont own this weapon, but i have found many AR purists arnt a fan of the c-15 stuff. all i know about them is i like the detachable stock.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Carbon 15 type 97 pistol. It has functioned flawlessly! I have used USGI and Thermold mags with it.

I like it!

[smash]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like mine.  Have several variations of the AR15 around along with AR10 stuff.   Seems when I am out with friends at the sand pit blowing away cans, the C15 is always in someones hands, barely has time to cool off enough for the next guy.  

Put a Reflex on it (was the lightest dot sight out and no batteries), along with the SSteel and Carbon Fiber parts (no maintance) and have a blast.

I have also introduced several youngters to shooting with this thing...seems they can shoot it real good with the dot sight and light weight and dont get burned out so quick.   I have only used the Thermold mags with it...never had any problems.  Am slightly worried about putting metal mags in the Carbon Fiber...may or may not damage it.

The brake/compensator works great also.  When shooting Federal (American Eagle) 55 gr the dot is still on the target after the flash!  Does't raise a bit!

So yea I like it...but won't ever let go of my pre-ban Colts, Bushys, and Eagles.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]
God I wish the old board was still accessible if only for the archive of info. regarding every question anyone is ever going to ask (and my 3,800 some odd posts).

Ok I have a Carbon 15 Pistol. After about 300 rounds one of the staked screws that holds the gas tube on top of the bolt carrier broke.
I didn't have faith in any "customer service" (I should have) so I screwed around for 6 months before I sent the broken bolt carrier back to them on a Thursday.

On the following MONDAY I had a new bolt carrier in my hand. Professional Ordnance is in AZ and I'm in Texas, and shipping aside that's damn fast customer service. I also sent them the carbon fiber buffer tube that I had screwed up, and I told them I broke it and I didn't think it was covered by warranty since if I'd been watching what I was doing it wouldn't have broken. I gave them my credit card no. and told them to charge a new buffer tube to my account.
Hell they sent me a new buffer tube and didn't charge me for it, or the virtually next day shipping.

Say what you will about them, but they got a customer for life in me. I've never been treated so good by anyone.

And thier firearms aren't bad either. After I replace the bolt carrier and buffer tube - no more problems after another 500 or so rounds.

This thing KICKS @SS!!! No it's not the most accurate piece in the world, but I am getting better with it every time I shoot it and I don't even have an after market scope on it yet.
It is "mag picky", and the mags that work best in mine are the "Eagle" clear pre-ban high caps (made by the Beta Company of Beta C fame) if you can find them and no I'm not selling ay of mine. Good milsurps will work, but the "thermold" or whatever they ship it with is not the best mag for the pistol IMHO.

Anyway, I have a lot of guns, but next to my AUG's, my Carbon 15 pistol is my favorite to shoot and the most fun.

I guess you could say I recommend them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Type 97 pistol. Love it!

From the report and blast, figure is an expensive, albeit FUN .22lr. Will spend the $80 for a chrono to answer this.

Bought it around $1300, but now see it ~$800. Approaching 1k rounds, have had mebbe 8 FTE's?

Awesome fun, and seems much more reliable than the other AR pistols.

FWIW - knew nothing about it, except was featured on evening news by Chicago government.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a C-15 pistol. About 600 rnds so far. Works great. The muzzle blast is tremendous. The gun is all fireball. Turns lots of heads at the range. I'm going to test it with the Ceiner 22lr unit next chance I get. Wish I had bought the rifle version too but they are now banned here in Kali.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have A PRO-ORD Carbon 15-type97 Rifle...Love it!!!  Traded some guy a Stainless steel Ruger Ranch rifle and an SKS model "D" for it...HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Liberty Stick:
Type 97 pistol. Love it!

From the report and blast, figure is an expensive, albeit FUN .22lr. Will spend the $80 for a chrono to answer this.

Bought it around $1300, but now see it ~$800. Approaching 1k rounds, have had mebbe 8 FTE's?

Awesome fun, and seems much more reliable than the other AR pistols.

FWIW - knew nothing about it, except was featured on evening news by Chicago government.
View Quote

In a negative manner no doubt!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top