Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2005 3:34:15 PM EDT
Whenever I try to load BF2 it gets to the log in screen that says "welcome to duty" just fine.  After that, I click log in and it freezes.  I can get out of it by ctrl alt del-ing, and it says its not responding.  Any ideas here?  Should I just un install it and re-install?  I've played it alot and never had this issue before.  Thanks for any ideas!

Ted
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Whenever I try to load BF2 it gets to the log in screen that says "welcome to duty" just fine.  After that, I click log in and it freezes.  I can get out of it by ctrl alt del-ing, and it says its not responding.  Any ideas here?  Should I just un install it and re-install?  I've played it alot and never had this issue before.  Thanks for any ideas!

Ted

Uninstall and reinstall. Then if it still happens, we'll go from there.

-d
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine kept doing that one day and I just rebooted a couple of times and it started working properly again. Havent had anymore issues since.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I un/re installed and it works again, but now I have that damn bug for the newest update where some of your team members have red names...  Started playing today and had 2 team kills as a sniper.    Now I need to load special forces on and see how that goes...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, I un/re installed and it works again, but now I have that damn bug for the newest update where some of your team members have red names...  Started playing today and had 2 team kills as a sniper.    Now I need to load special forces on and see how that goes...

AFAIK, that has always been a bug.  Regardless of patch version, I have seen that myself.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I've always heard about it, but this is the first time its reared its head for me...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
My favorite is when I show as a friendly to people on the enemy team.

Makes it damn easy for me to kill them because they hesitate.     Had somebody actually trying to vote kick me the other night because I was showing as a friendly to him every time he ran into me.

It was the end of the round and I told him to FOAD for the moment, lucky for him I disconnected at the end of the round and rejoined to try and be fair.    Seemed to clear it up.

Seems like the glitch is something that happens while the game is loading a map before you join.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top