Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/28/2012 11:45:48 PM EDT
The news says he's sick as can be.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:53:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2012 11:54:20 PM EDT by 71-Hour_Achmed]
I hope he recovers.

OTOH, I'm not sure why he'd be idolized on a gun board, seeing as how his appeasement of the anti's by way of the import ban let them maintain momentum for the 1994 ban.

ETA: Likewise, if he hadn't caved to the Dems on the tax increase, he probably would have been reelected, thus preventing Clintoon from getting into office at all. . . .
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:54:39 PM EDT
Nobody is "Idolizing" him.....just recognizing a man and his accomplishments.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:58:18 PM EDT
What happened to it was just a cold? Did he take a sudden and drastic turn for the worse or were they lying for some reason?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:59:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By scottedward58:
What happened to it was just a cold? Did he take a sudden and drastic turn for the worse or were they lying for some reason?

Colds can turn into something else very quickly in old people. Hopefully he will recover and get to go home soon.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:00:34 AM EDT
meh. No thanks.

By SUSAN F. RASKY; Special to The New York Times
Published: July 08, 1989

The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles. Imports of the weapons have been suspended since spring.

The permanent ban affects all but 7 of the 50 models included in the spring suspension. It does not affect the far larger number of virtually identical weapons manufactured domestically, nor does it affect foreign-made semiautomatic weapons already in the United States.

''We're not saying it will solve the basic problem,'' said Stephen E. Higgins, director of the firearms bureau, who announced the ban.

Today's decision is a significant step in the evolution of the Administration's gun control policies. It puts President Bush clearly at odds with the National Rifle Association and will almost certainly increase pressures on him to approve restrictions or an outright ban on domestic versions of semiautomatic assault weapons.

''The President was informed of the findings and decisions, and fully supports them,'' Alixe Glen, a White House spokeswoman, said of the ban announced today.

Several such bills are pending in Congress, and Mr. Stark said that with his action today Mr. Bush had given ''tacit approval'' to the idea of restricting all assault-style weapons. ''If one of these bills goes through, the President certainly will have no logical reason to justify a veto,'' Mr. Stark added.

Asserting that domestic assault weapons were ''favored by drug dealers and street gangs,'' he added, ''Any police officer will tell you it doesn't matter if you are killed by an imported or American-made assault weapon -you are just as dead.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:04:22 AM EDT
yeah, uh no. That guy screwed us, you gonna pray for clinton when he is on death's bed? How about obama? Just because he had an R behind his name doesn't mean shit. Fucking traitor.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:06:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By maleante:
meh. No thanks.

By SUSAN F. RASKY; Special to The New York Times
Published: July 08, 1989

The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles. Imports of the weapons have been suspended since spring.

The permanent ban affects all but 7 of the 50 models included in the spring suspension. It does not affect the far larger number of virtually identical weapons manufactured domestically, nor does it affect foreign-made semiautomatic weapons already in the United States.

''We're not saying it will solve the basic problem,'' said Stephen E. Higgins, director of the firearms bureau, who announced the ban.

Today's decision is a significant step in the evolution of the Administration's gun control policies. It puts President Bush clearly at odds with the National Rifle Association and will almost certainly increase pressures on him to approve restrictions or an outright ban on domestic versions of semiautomatic assault weapons.

''The President was informed of the findings and decisions, and fully supports them,'' Alixe Glen, a White House spokeswoman, said of the ban announced today.

Several such bills are pending in Congress, and Mr. Stark said that with his action today Mr. Bush had given ''tacit approval'' to the idea of restricting all assault-style weapons. ''If one of these bills goes through, the President certainly will have no logical reason to justify a veto,'' Mr. Stark added.

Asserting that domestic assault weapons were ''favored by drug dealers and street gangs,'' he added, ''Any police officer will tell you it doesn't matter if you are killed by an imported or American-made assault weapon -you are just as dead.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html

Yeah, we all know he wasn't gun-friendly, however.

He still gets my respect and this is why.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:08:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Thumbtack:
yeah, uh no. That guy screwed us, you gonna pray for clinton when he is on death's bed? How about obama? Just because he had an R behind his name doesn't mean shit. Fucking traitor.

There's a HELL of a lot of difference between Bush, Clinton, and Obama.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:09:25 AM EDT
No.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:09:58 AM EDT
He fucked us pretty hard on a couple of fronts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:12:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2012 12:12:58 AM EDT by 583]

Have you ever lived under a President you've been happy with ?

Answer me, boy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:14:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 583:

Answer me, boy.

Reagan
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:16:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2012 12:22:17 AM EDT by 583]
[,,,,
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:16:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:21:31 AM EDT
You don't have to agree with everything somebody has done to pray for them when they are in the ICU. If you cannot pray for him, you can at least pray for his family.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:30:28 AM EDT

The man flew Grumman TBM Avengers against the Japanese and was shot down while doing it. You either got a lot of balls or little brains calling him a traitor. My guess is the later.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:34:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Thegunwhisperer:

The man flew Grumman TBM Avengers against the Japanese and was shot down while doing it. You either got a lot of balls or little brains calling him a traitor. My guess is the later.

This right fucking here. Politics is all theater. When it was time, he manned the fuck up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:35:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1Bigdog:

Answer me, boy.

Reagan

This.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:44:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 71-Hour_Achmed:
Originally Posted By 1Bigdog:

Answer me, boy.

Reagan

This.

Served under him twice.

The question goes straight back to Thumbtack
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:51:05 AM EDT
I don't care if you guys want to talk shit, but I sure didn't infringe American's rights. I don't care if the guy was mother fucking Theresa, once you go against the Constitution, you have crossed the line. Some of us still believe in that document in it's entirety. No, I have not been happy with any of them, Regan included. Folks here like to felatiate each other over how great guys are who fuck them over with out as much as a sorry. The end of the day, I will stand for my rights over someone's military career or other accomplishments, you can do as you please.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:52:00 AM EDT
Boy
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:01:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2012 1:01:10 AM EDT by krpind]
OP Request
Top Top