Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2002 11:45:15 PM EDT
Just wanted to pass this one to you guys. We have big election coming up. We have have to make sure the Senate ans House of Reps becomes more progun to make sure there is no more assualt rifle ban. Anyways Representive John Dingell was nominated tonight here in Michigan. He has always been very progun even tho he is democrat. One of the things his opponent kept pushing in her campaign was John Dingells reckless votes in in congress againist gun control. Im sorry (yeah right) to say but but it helped her to lose the race.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Sixgun357:

Rep. Dingell made out. Thank you for your most welcome post. It made my evening. Now I can sleep peacefully.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:25:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Dingell's in, but who do you think will get his vote for Speaker of the House?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#3]
In one of Lynn Rivers's ads, she even mentioned that if her opponent is elected, he will try his hardest to have the AWB repealed.  If I could have split my ticket, he would have got my vote in a heartbeat.  But we need to get rid of the "hilary in trainging" granholm.  

Keving67
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

There is no doubt for whom Hon. John Dingell (D-MI), a member of the NRA Board and pro-gun fellow, will vote for as Speaker of the House when the [u]next[/u] House of Representatives convenes in January, 2003.

[b]Whichever [u]Democrat[/u] is put foward as that party's candidate.[/b]

If the Demos have the numbers, then Richard Gephardt (D-MO) will be the next Speaker of the House.

This liberal POS anti-gun DemocRat will be the fellow who decides everything that will happen in the House of Representatives for the next two years!

And when I say 'everything', I mean appoints all committee chairmen, sets the calendar, calls bills up for debate and floor votes, or refuses to call up bills for debates and floor votes, picks out the House members who will serve on Conference Committees with the Senate, and generally runs the entire show!

And the Hon, John Dingell can file all the pro-gun legislation he wants to, and he can join hands across the aisle with his Republican colleagues all he wishes, but no pro-gun bills will ever see the light of day in a House run by Richard Gephardt!

Ever!

So, tell us, just how is John Dingell good for gun owners?

As I was saying to [b]SteyrAUG[/b] last night, electing a pro-gun Democrat to the House or Senate is the equivalent of putting Hitler in charge of the US Eighth Air Force and being surprised that all future bombing missions are being directed against London and not Berlin!

Eric The(ABitOfHyperbole,I'llAdmit)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
IMHO there is no such thing as a pro-rights, pro-freedom, career politicion.

Politicions were never intended to make a life-long career out of so-called "public service". They we supposed to do their couple years in faithful service to their community and get the hell out.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#6]
You folks in Michigan did right and choose wisely. Judging by the somber tone, The L.A. Times is truly disappointed by the loss of Lynne Rivers.  Rep. Dingell has been a friend of the gunners and a champion of 2nd Amend rights for many years. His opponent Lynn Rivers is truly anti-gun.

(you must reg/login to read story)
[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-dingell7aug07.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dnation[/url]

Within hours after the polls closed and with Dingell leading, 62% to 38%, Rivers
conceded defeat. "The fight for gun safety, the fight for the right to choose
and the fight for the environment is not done, and I'll be back," Rivers said.

The contest between Dingell and Rivers offered a stark contrast of style and
generation to voters in the newly drawn House district, which stretches from the
blue-collar outskirts of Detroit that were the core of Dingell's support to Ann
Arbor, the more liberal university town that was the heart of Rivers' domain
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I felt funny as a Republican (actually more Libertarian) voting for Dingell, but Lynn Rivers was running a totally anti-gun campain.

We must have had 15 phone calls and 3 or 4 fliers stating how the "evil" Dingell wants your children dead because he didn't vote for the Assualt Rifle Ban and didn't support other anti-gun legislation.  It pissed me off to the point I had to vote against Lynn Rivers and trust that the other Republicans in MI would vote for Dick Postumus (pro-gun) for Republican Governor candidate.

I haven't given much thought to who controls the congress but since the Democratic candidate is just about garanteed to get the seat in this district I couldn't in good conscience ignore the primary and risk getting Lynn Rivers to represent me.

Her other campain point was: she is pro-abortion which I am not.  This also swayed me somewhat, though I do vote my guns and lower taxes first.

Yes, I was forced to take the lesser of two evils, but at least I feel / hope I made a difference for our gun rights.

Kent
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Rivers used [b]Sarah Bradey[/b] in her campaign and she [size=4][u][b]LOST!!![/b][/u] [/size=4]

Let's hope this is a trend and Brady becomes a periah.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

There is no doubt for whom Hon. John Dingell (D-MI), a member of the NRA Board and pro-gun fellow, will vote for as Speaker of the House when the [u]next[/u] House of Representatives convenes in January, 2003.

[b]Whichever [u]Democrat[/u] is put foward as that party's candidate.[/b]

If the Demos have the numbers, then Richard Gephardt (D-MO) will be the next Speaker of the House.

This liberal POS anti-gun DemocRat will be the fellow who decides everything that will happen in the House of Representatives for the next two years!

And when I say 'everything', I mean appoints all committee chairmen, sets the calendar, calls bills up for debate and floor votes, or refuses to call up bills for debates and floor votes, picks out the House members who will serve on Conference Committees with the Senate, and generally runs the entire show!

And the Hon, John Dingell can file all the pro-gun legislation he wants to, and he can join hands across the aisle with his Republican colleagues all he wishes, but no pro-gun bills will ever see the light of day in a House run by Richard Gephardt!

Ever!

So, tell us, just how is John Dingell good for gun owners?

As I was saying to [b]SteyrAUG[/b] last night, electing a pro-gun Democrat to the House or Senate is the equivalent of putting Hitler in charge of the US Eighth Air Force and being surprised that all future bombing missions are being directed against London and not Berlin!

Eric The(ABitOfHyperbole,I'llAdmit)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

ETH:
I usually roll with what you say. However, even a great man, such as your self, can be a little wrong sometimes. Just around the edges, so to speak.

Now is the time for the conservatives to buddy up with him and keep our man Dingell from becoming a Dangle !
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Rivers used [b]Sarah Brady[/b] in her campaign and she [size=4][u][b]LOST!!![/b][/u] [/size=4]

Let's hope this is a trend and Brady becomes a periah.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Dingle will vote for the nominee of his party to be speaker. He has no other choice.

If his party has a majority then Gephart will be the speaker and this man -

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/flashman%2Fnadler%2520copy%2Ejpg[/img]

will become chairman of the House Judiciary subcommittee on the Constitution.

Every session Nadler introduces (among others) 2 bills -

His first bill would require a permit to buy or own a handgun anywhere in the USA.

The other would re-define a firearm to include any part of a firearm. In other words, instead of the receiver bing the actual firearm, every part of a firearm would be  a firearm in itself, subject to as yet unspecified BATF regulation. Imagine needing a FFL to transfer a trigger assembly.

Sure these bills are in the hopper now, but they have no chance of becoming law - the will not get a hearing, or come up for a vote.

Funny thing though, a Chairmans bills always come up for a vote, and always make it to the floor.

In other words, there would be a real chance for them to become law.

Committee chairs set the agenda.  Look around and see who would become chair of important committees - for these people firearms are not just a public policy issue - they are a freaking CRUSADE.

Apologies to any offended Arabs (hahaha)

Mike
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I tried to do some research but I just could not find any info on Dick Postumus regarding his stance on gun control. Do you have any. Grandwhore is running a very anti gun gun campaign, I have gathered that already. Michigan is a very tough state to win becuase you really cannot be too much of a democrat becuase then you lose you northern voting base and if you are too much of a republican you lose your intercity and union vote.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Sixgun -

Hahah - his website says he’s an “avid sportsman”. That’s crypto-speak for a republican who wants the “gun nut” vote but doesn’t want to stir up a hornets nest among the anti crowd.

There is no mention of any 2nd adm. issues on his site, other than this [url=http://www.dickposthumus.com/021402.asp] mention[/url] of illegal guns.

That, along with the above quote tells me he is like many republican politicos - he is afraid of us, knows he needs us, doesn’t like knowing that he needs us, and really wishes the whole issue would just go away.  

Wait! There’s more [url=http://www.freep.com/news/politics/guns5_20020705.htm]here[/url],and a interview [url=http://www.freep.com/news/politics/pm9934_20020702.htm] here[/url].

(Yes, things are sloow here in the office today!}

Mike
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#14]
[i]"The contest between Dingell and Rivers offered a stark contrast of style and
generation to voters in the newly drawn House district, which stretches from the
blue-collar outskirts of Detroit that were the core of Dingell's support to Ann
Arbor, the more liberal university town that was the heart of Rivers' domain"[/I]

LOL ANN ARBOR IS A WHORE, GO STATE!!!

on a more serious note,

Sixgun

Dick Postuhumus is pro- gun, this is from a recent debate...

"Posthumus also said he supports the current law allowing people without a criminal record or history of mental illness to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon, provided they take gun safety classes"

while his oppenent Joe Schwartz, on his commercials it points out that he was ex-CIA (must want to get the patriotic vote), made this comment on the Michigan CCW laws...

"Schwarz disagreed. "I'm not anti-gun. I just don't believe everyone should be carrying a gun," he said, adding that county gun boards should have more discretion."

Not anti-gun??? that kind of comment seems anti-gun & anti-2nd amendment to me.

sum up, vote for Posthumus for MI gov

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#15]
You really cant win an election in michigan if your "anti-sporting". November 15 is basicaly a religeous holiday  around here and they know it.

[b]I[/b]
have never really met "a michigan" a politican that had any personal quibbles about hunting with yer grand dads thuty-thuty or compound bow.

But i have yet to find one that was really pro NFA weapon. Ask them about their opinion on mg ownership in michigan and they pretty much all sound the same.
But if their at least pro gun its better than nothing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top