Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2002 2:40:21 PM EDT
If you had to choose either gun lock (reqd by law in CA) which would you pick?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not use a lock , it will not prevent the firearm from being stolen and one stolen the lock will be removed . a safe is the only way to go.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The Lifejacket covers teh action, therefore making it very difficult to fire the weapon.  Also, it will probably fit more handgun models than the Pro-Lok.  I would suggest checking the DOJ website to choose the most versatile model.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
For the record, I can't go with a safe because I will probably move in a few weeks and the order will take so long, I will almost me out of the place.  I will definitely get a safe once I move and swallow the moving cost every time I do.

Sometimes I go to my folks' place for the weekends, and because I shoot Sat and Sun, I stay at their place and bring the guns with me then leave for the match the next morning.

I'd prefer not to have guns laying around unlocked as my younger brother and sister (21 and 22) have lots of friends over and heck if I know if they come in my room or not, what if I am out running errands and they have a party and people are over?

The pro-lok looks like it has a trigger lock and a cable lock in one.  I like the design of the life-jacket but it would prevent me from putting a sidesaddle on my Benelli.  (for the Benelli, not the handguns)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top