Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2001 4:47:29 AM EDT

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/commentarchive.shtml?a=2001/7/17/023518[/url]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Rights from God, eh?  Let me ask you this, where does the bible or any other Chrisitan text lay out these rights or discuss them?  I'm not even sure the word rights is in the bible.  If that is the case then who can you seriously claim that we get our rights from God?  You know just b/c the founding fathers said something doen't actually make it so.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Wait just a sec here.  I am an athiest....does this mean that I no longer have the right to own property??
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Genesis 2:26 Come Let Us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have "dominion" over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattlek and "over all the earth"....(if you believe that the national guard is the legimate bearer of the right to bear arms...then I guess you believe that man in this case means some amorphous govt office like the BLM?)...continue to read Genesis and that wil give you some idea where mans property rights begin...From God...and not man..for what man establishes man can take away....if you do not believe your rights come from God then who do they come from?....the barrel of a gun (as chariman Mao thought?)
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:42:51 AM EDT
[#4]
God exists whether or not you believe in Him...his sovereignty and His right to dispose of what He created deeding it to whom He will....is His right alone...there fore all rights -as they are- come from Him who created us...and not us who created nothing
for man the laws of thermodynamics apply but they do not apply to God....Get it...your rights are deeded to you by the one who created everything...:) God said to Job the rain (good things) fall on the wicked and well as the just...those who refuse to acknowledge where the good things come from or to even thank Him for them..are ingrates...they take and spit in the  face of their benefactor...and Creator..your railing against Him...is pathetic..like a mouse shaking his fist at the wind.. and the worst part is that He loves you...so much in fact that He gave His only Son ...to die in your place so that you will not have to face the judgement that is to come...He has given you your rights even the right to defy Him ...lie about Him...and even to spit in His face which He is completly ready to forgive you for and any who will but ask...
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
God exists whether or not you believe in Him.
View Quote

And if no god exists, it is so whether YOU believe it or not.  Reality is what it is, no matter what we would prefer.
Property rights derive from God, huh?  Well, I guess when you don't pay property taxes and the government auctions off your land, God will come down and tell them to stop. Ha.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Rafs got it!!!!

By Jove!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top