Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 10:15:22 AM EDT
A tanker (LOW flying) just over flew our building (i'm at work) here in San Jose, CA. (about 1/4 mile away from S.J. airport)

It was refuling 2 (what looked like apaches!)

2 kewl!
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A tanker (LOW flying) just over flew our building here in San Jose, CA. (about 1/4 mile away from S.J. airport)

It was refuling 2 (what looked like appachies!)

2 kewl!
View Quote

... It couldn't have been Apaches, maybe UH-60 Blackhawks. They're profile is similiar. At distances it is easy to mistake them. Did it look like this?
[img]http://www.helis.com/h/h60_22.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Vampire-- when I was a kid living in Cupertino back in the 50s we used to [once in a while] see B-29s [i think] fly over on their way to Moffat Field. Its always cool to see them fly low or be buzzed by a jet while fishing in the Sierras.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Wolf... EXACTLY like that!  so those are blackhawks huh?

Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
It was probably the flyover for the Veteran's Day parade in San Francisco.

Just saw it on the 10 o'clock news. Looked just like the above photo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top