Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/16/2009 5:29:59 AM EDT

Prison guard forced out of her job because she was too sexy wins unfair dismissal case

By
Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 9:23 AM on 15th September 2009

Enlarge

Discriminated: Amit Kajla, 22, today won her case against HM Prison Service after she was unfairly dismissed for being too sexy

A prison officer branded too sexy to work today won her case for unfair dismissal and sex discrimination against prison bosses.

Amit
Kajla, 22, brought the case against HMPS after she says she was forced
to resign from HM Prison in Brinsford, near Wolverhampton.

The officer said she was mocked by staff at the Young Offenders' Institution for adapting her uniform to fit her petite frame.

Miss
Kajla, from Wolverhampton, told the tribunal colleagues complained
about her appearance and told her she wore too much make up.

Today the tribunal found in her favour and said the prison service should have done more to protect her.

Miss Kajla said: 'I am very happy with the tribunal's decision. All I ever did was try to uphold the HMPS Purpose Statement.

'This
clearly states that their duty is to "look after prisoners with
humanity" and I sought to apply that in my work by treating prisoners
with respect.

'However, one officer didn't like my way of working which was counter to the macho approach he favoured.

'I was seen as a weak woman who could be bullied.'

She
added: 'I am very happy they have condemned the HMPS for the way they
sought to justify the actions of the bully by suggesting my approach to
work and my appearance was inappropriate and could create a breach in
security.'

During the seven-day tribunal, Miss Kajla said
that after her first week at work a colleague had spoken to her about
her appearance.

On July 25 2007, at the end of her second week, she was again spoken to about her 'snug-fitting' uniform and her make up.

The tribunal heard prison officer Lee Hastings had shouted at her in front of inmates, leaving her belittled and insulted.

On
the same day, he demanded to know why she had been sitting with
prisoners and branded her a 'stupid little girl' who 'knew nothing
about jailcraft'.

Another incident happened on December 23 when
Ms Kajla had been on duty overnight. A large number of cell bells, used
to request toilet paper or help with lights, were rung.

Officer Hastings told her they were being rung because of the way she was dressed.

She complained on January 24, but the tribunal said the prison service took no steps to protect her.

Bullied: HM Prison in Brinsford, near Wolverhampton, where Miss Kajla worked

Miss Kajla does not yet know how much money she will receive

On March 17 last year, Ms Kajla started formal grievance procedures.
She resigned on April 16 and was off work with stress and anxiety until
her employment was terminated on May 21.

The panel said it found
she had been discriminated against on the grounds of her sex and
subjected to harrassment for the same reason.

It
also found she had been discriminated against on grounds of her age and
unfairly dismissed, but said she was not victimised for making sex
discrimination allegations.

It singled out prison officer Lee
Hastings and said it was satisfied that his attitude towards her was
dictated by her sex and age.

The panel said: 'If she was not the young, attractive woman that she is, he would not have treated her in the way he did.

'He
engaged in unwanted conduct that had the purpose or effect of violating
her dignity or of creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading,
humiliating or offensive environment for her.

'A bully chooses as his victim someone he perceives to be vulnerable- in this case a slightly built young female.

'The prison service were aware of this but that the claimant was expected to put up with this type of conduct.'

Nigel Tillott, who acted for Ms Kajla, said: 'I hope the prison service will reflect on the tribunal's judgement.

'The tribunal believe that the HMPS closed ranks and instead of supporting MS Kajla it supported the bully.'

Ms Kajla is yet to discover how much money she will receive following the tribunal's findings.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1213397/Prison-guard-forced-job-sexy-wins-unfair-dismissal-case.html#ixzz0RH9o6nMw

=================================================
Her eyebrows are not that great... but otherwise, not too shabby... wouldn't quite call her sexy... probably cute.

Then again, if you've been in prison for a very long time...

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:32:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate the whole, "Does not yet know how much money she will receive."

Seriously?

You don't just want your job back, you want to get paid for more than time lost + attorney fees?  That's just f^(king greed.

Except that she doesn't want her job back.  She quit.  They kept paying her for more than a month, too.  How the hell does the UK get any work done with shenanigans like that?

But yeah, she's OK if she hadn't purposefully f^(ked up her eyebrows.  Why the hell do women do that?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone needs to take away her Sharpie.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:35:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Amen.

Much better looking in the second picture.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
"She's...too sexy for her job...too sexy for her job..."
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:43:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if those shoes come in her size?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:45:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Then again, if you've been in prison for a very long time...

I worked in a factory in the 70s that was much like a prison with exactly one woman on the second shift and she looked exactly like Shelly Duvall as Olive Oyl. She had the leg humpers lined up every night at break time begging for attention. I can see prisoners AND guards getting real excited about Miss Kajla!

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:47:56 AM EDT
[#8]
She must enjoy watching the inmates jack off in front of her.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
She must enjoy watching the inmates jack off in front of her.

IT ISNT MY FAULT!!

She is too sexy to be here
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

THIS !!!     LMAO, that is scurry...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#11]
She makes me want to commit a few violations

Bravo!

ARFCOM never fails me!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My first thought as well...  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:55:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#14]
She'd be OK looking if she hadn't shaved and then drew her eyebrow's back on.  What makes girls think this is a good idea?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

2. "Jailcraft" is a word?

It is in jolly ole, chap!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The tribunal heard prison officer Lee Hastings had shouted at her in front of inmates, leaving her belittled and insulted.

Onthe same day, he demanded to know why she had been sitting withprisoners and branded her a 'stupid little girl' who 'knew nothingabout jailcraft'.

Two reactions:

1. That IS pretty fucking unprofessional.

2. "Jailcraft" is a word?
I believe that Jailcraft is the next to last level of Warcraft.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#17]
She'd be OK looking if she hadn't shaved and then drew her eyebrow's back on. What makes girls think this is a good idea?

Man you guys can fuss over the little details ("yea that's a nice $3,000 build, but the front sight should be moved one rail slot forward").

That is a live sensuous woman; if you had her in you bed you would feel all of her firm contours, smell her wonderful smells, and be damn happy with what your were doing and who you were with.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:09:43 AM EDT
[#18]
...AND  "for adapting her uniform to fit her petite frame".

They should have said "get back in the potato sack.  The unform is too big for a reason".
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Amen! I'd gladly submit to a cavity search from her!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

uhhhhh no thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:13:32 AM EDT
[#21]
what does that say about UK standards if that is "too sexy"

she was smited by the whole damn ugly tree
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:18:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Bravo!

ARFCOM never fails me!

arfcom would be named as a codefendant.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:20:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I would chase that Persian Poon.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:22:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#27]
for whatever reasons, I find it difficult to be attracted to women who have the body of little girls.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't know about her enough to say that she is qualified, but I will say, prison guard duty is no joke.

I had 3 cousins working at Wackenhut down in the Rio Grande Valley, 1, a female cousin, had to quit due to so many fights breaking out in class, she was a teacher, my other 2 cousins, who are big motherfuckers, one in the Army, both had to go all out in a mini riot in one of the pods they was assigned to. They both ended up on probation for roughing up the prisoners, even though they were outnumbered, unarmed, no mace or pepper spray back then, and with guys twice their size. It took violence to control the situation and it cost them their jobs eventually.

Not to mention, that my female cousin also left because rapes were doubling every year.

They get good training, but I just can't see that tiny girl hangin in there like my cousins did and by no means am I bragging about my cousins, I'm thankful they are here today, for if they hadn't fought and clawed their way out, they might not have been here.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow, I'd hate to see what the other women guards look like; I'd say she was average looking.

Sure she's trim and fit, but certainly not too sexy. Unless she's stripping for the inmates I don't see where her looks would cause that great of a stir...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goatse?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#31]
the next person that says shenanigan's is gonna get pistol whipped.  I want to be bad, so she can cavity search me.  She is cute an doable!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hate the whole, "Does not yet know how much money she will receive."

Seriously?

You don't just want your job back, you want to get paid for more than time lost + attorney fees?  That's just f^(king greed.

Except that she doesn't want her job back.  She quit.  They kept paying her for more than a month, too.  How the hell does the UK get any work done with shenanigans like that?

But yeah, she's OK if she hadn't purposefully f^(ked up her eyebrows.  Why the hell do women do that?

So if you got fired because, let's say, you only have one eye and your pirate patch creeps out the customers, you're not going to try to sue for wages lost because of being fired?

She can't help that she's attractive, anymore than an ugly person can make me feel better about them touching my food.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:28:09 AM EDT
[#33]
She needs to stop painting on her damn eyebrows.  I hate that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#34]
"I bit my wrist!"
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#35]
dt

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I was hired into corrections because I was so sexy..

Really though... we have a several hotties working here.
I mean even in uniform they're hawt... Then y'see 'em outside of work in girlie clothes and it's like... Holy shit!
If they were to be fired, for any reason.. There'd be a job-action by all us old horny bastards.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#37]
She really is a very attractive lady.  

HH
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Prison guard fired because she was too sexy wins unfair dismissal case w/ pic of woman

"You have chosen... wisely."

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wonder if those shoes come in her size?

LOL! I noticed that too.

On a side, it sounds like she picked the wrong line of work to get into. I think the termination should've stood.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#40]
she is definetly high on the lickability and Fap list.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#42]
What's with you guys that want her to stick her finger up your butt?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#43]
She is a cutie but someone punched her in the nose at some point her life...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
for whatever reasons, I find it difficult to be attracted to women who have the body of little girls.

Sir, I have some bad news for you. You're GAY.

That woman has tig ol biddies on her; I'm not sure what this "body of a little girl" is that you're talking about,
because it sure isn't her!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#45]
At the facility I worked at, we'd occasionally have problems with inmates when female COs were working.  When it was just me and another guy on the yard there were no problems.  Female CO walks out onto the yard and the shenanigans start.  The 18-25 y/o offenders just have to prove they're the alpha male.  And the female CO in question didn't look in ANY way like the British/Persian hottie.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#46]

You must have a better internet connection than me

Touché

A powerful imagination is a WONDERFUL thing!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man you guys can fuss over the little details ("yea that's a nice $3,000 build, but the front sight should be moved one rail slot forward").

That is a live sensuous woman; if you had her in you bed you would feel all of her firm contours, smell her wonderful smells, and be damn happy with what your were doing and who you were with.

You must have a better internet connection than me.

Touché!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

She'd be OK looking if she hadn't shaved and then drew her eyebrow's back on. What makes girls think this is a good idea?

Bleh she needs a few sammiches.  to damn skinny

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Subscribed
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

What's with you guys that want her to stick her finger up your butt?
Project much?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top