Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 4:55:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 6:38:35 AM EDT by 55Kingpin]
Did anybody watch the two-hour premier on Fox monday night?

I missed a few scenes I think, but it was fairly entertaining.

What was goin' on with Schofield and the guy who was gonna cut his toe off? I missed the connection between that guy and the info. they want from Schofield. Also, the name he wrote down that the guard found, who was that? Or did they even say.....

There's really nothing else on on Monday so I may get into this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:59:49 AM EDT
I thought it looked lame from the previews. Monday nights I am all about UFC2.

I have heard mixed stuff about Prison Break. I am going to continue to pass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:07:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:

That started again!!! Did not know that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:26:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 55Kingpin:
Did anybody watch the two-hour premier on Fox monday night?

I missed a few scenes I think, but it was fairly entertaining.

What was goin' on with Schofield and the guy who was gonna cut his toe off? I missed the connection between that guy and the info. they want from Schofield. Also, the name he wrote down that the guard found, who was that? Or did they even say.....

There's really nothing else on on Monday so I may get into this.

The info the guard found wasn't a person. It said Allen Schweitzer and a number. Allen is a type of bolt and Schweitzer the manufacturer of the toilet in the cell. The number is the model of bolt he got from the yard. The bolt he got from the yard when filed down could be used to remove the Allen bolt on the Schweitzer toilet which gives him his escape route.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:33:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Slogger78:

The info the guard found wasn't a person. It said Allen Schweitzer and a number. Allen is a type of bolt and Schweitzer the manufacturer of the toilet in the cell. The number is the model of bolt he got from the yard. The bolt he got from the yard when filed down could be used to remove the Allen bolt on the Schweitzer toilet which gives him his escape route.

Thank you!! I saw the part where he got the bolt and grinded it down in order to remove the bolt on the toilet......He also had the outer dimension of the allen wrench tattooed on his arm, pretty cool.

Anybody know the deal with him and the russian guy (from 8mm and Bad Boys 2)???
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:37:47 AM EDT

That started again!!! Did not know that.

1st week was lame. 2 people quit.
2nd week was 'ok', the person everyone hated was eliminated, so that is good.

They got this wierdo ying/ yang zen dude on there that was last to be picked...but the guy is a freak and I think he is going to tear them all up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:23:25 AM EDT

They got this wierdo ying/ yang zen dude on there that was last to be picked...but the guy is a freak and I think he is going to tear them all up.

Diego Sanchez Jr. maybe?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:07:35 AM EDT
Nobody else watched it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:21:06 AM EDT
heh. At first I thought this was about some live covereage of N.O. on fox news, then I remembered regular fox had a new show by that name
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:45:25 AM EDT
Schofield was getting his toe snipped because he was withholding the location of a mob snitch. He is hoping to trade this info for help on the outside. The Russian mob dudes where getting impatient and wanted the info NOW! Snip, snip.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:49:30 AM EDT
I watched it and thought it was pretty good.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:55:13 AM EDT
Same here

Much better than the usual crap the networks provide!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:59:04 AM EDT
I enjoyed it, though it looks to be interesting to see how they fit less than a months time into a series for a season (brother gets the needle in less thana month as I recall)
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:49:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By joker1:
Schofield was getting his toe snipped because he was withholding the location of a mob snitch. He is hoping to trade this info for help on the outside. The Russian mob dudes where getting impatient and wanted the info NOW! Snip, snip.

Thank you! I didn't know why they cared......

Is the D.C. Cooper thing a "true" story....or are they makin' fun of Without A Paddle?

I imagine he wants D.C.'s money for after the break.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:53:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TacticalPenguin:
I enjoyed it, though it looks to be interesting to see how they fit less than a months time into a series for a season (brother gets the needle in less thana month as I recall)

Just look at 24. If this show did the same thing...then it would be 30 seasons before the bro's time came.

I think you're right about the one month date. I remeber him looking at the warden's calendar.

The show seems pretty "smart" so far. This guy seems to have planned a rediciulous amount in advance, and his plan relies on things going exactly his way......as in if one thing goes wrong the plan is toast.

I liked how he used the duck to make sure the water flowed to that spot in the yard.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:00:56 PM EDT

Who won last night fight???? Josh or Melvin???? My recording cut short due to the WWE running over.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 12:23:27 PM EDT by HardShell]

Nobody else watched it?

I haven't watched it yet. I'll do with it what I do with any new shows that look like they MIGHT interest me: I record the first several weeks' worth of episodes from my DVR onto DVD-RWs until (1) I make sure it doesn't get cancelled after a handful of episodes, and (2) I read some feedback from the hive-mind here. If it lasts and gets some good word-of-mouth, I'll catch up down the road.

I got tired of investing time and emotion (if I really liked the characters, writing, etc.) in a new show only to have initial ratings make the network "suits" yank it. Some of my favorite new shows of the past decade got cancelled before they even had a chance to find an audience. There are a few upcoming new shows that have piqued my interest - but I'll do all of them this way rather than waste time on them right out of the gate...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:26:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HardShell:
but I'll do all of them this way rather than waste time on them right out of the gate...

I can see your reasoning here. But does your DVR get counted as "watching" the show. I mean will it be included in the ratings. If not, then you may be the reason why some shows get cancelled.

IMHO....it looks pretty good. Of course, there are gonna be some far-fetched instances of action/gun play, but it seems promising for entertainment value. I like it better than "Over There."
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:43:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 12:47:07 PM EDT by raven]
It totally sucked. But then, I've never liked prison movies/shows. At least the warden wasn't the cliched sadist/Bible thumper. The judge, however, was the cliched black woman (ever pay attention to judges in movies and TV shows? They are rarely, if ever, white men like they mostly are in real life. They're almost always female, quite often black females.)

Can't wait for 24.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:45:59 PM EDT

I can see your reasoning here. But does your DVR get counted as "watching" the show. I mean will it be included in the ratings. If not, then you may be the reason why some shows get cancelled.

Good point/question. I always thought that shows lived and died by the pronouncements of Nielsen Media Research, but I don't know if the satellite providers log or report viewership or not...

Sorry -O/T.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:52:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:
It totally sucked. But then, I've never liked prison movies/shows. At least the warden wasn't the cliched sadist/Bible thumper.
Can't wait for 24.

+1 on that.

Why did you think it sucked?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:55:55 AM EDT
Anybody else gettin into this show? I think it's pretty entertaining. Better than all the psycho analysis/crime scene investigation crap that every network has....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:44:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tpsh:

Who won last night fight???? Josh or Melvin???? My recording cut short due to the WWE running over.

Josh did......went all three rounds and Josh just wore him down and won on decision. I think they said Melvin broke his hand when he threw a punch and landed on Josh's elbow, then couldn't punch effectively after that.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:52:41 AM EDT

I enjoyed it
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:01:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PointBlank:
Much better than the usual crap the networks provide!

It dosen't hurt that Sarah Wayne Callies is one of the cast members!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:08:03 AM EDT
I bet his new roommate isn't really pyscho.......
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:54:00 AM EDT

I bet his new roommate isn't really pyscho.......

On next week episode, the new cellmate discovers the tattoo/blueprints...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:19:21 PM EDT
Aren't they have an encore showing of this. I missed it Sunday. It was on again Tues. I missed that one but I thought I heard them say they were going to show it again.
Top Top