Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 11:08:51 AM EST
A friend of mine has an old Ford Galaxy 500 she's wanting to sell, our only problem is figuring out how much is a fair price for it. Can anyone help give me an idea of what's a fair asking price?

General specs. 1966 Galaxy 500 with an automatic, 289 that was rebuilt using 302 heads. (less than 4K on the rebuild). Carpet replaced with factory original type, interior is factory original and is in good shape. Drivers seat has some light tears in it but the rest is very good. Light surface rust in places but I found no through-holes.

It starts easily and seems to run well, her husband passed away and it was his baby. Since he's gone she's got no use for it and can use the money more than the car.

I looked on ebay but didn't find anything that seemed comparable so I hoped the guru's on here could give some rough numbers. $500?? $2000??? no clue so any help will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:26:36 AM EST
$2500 - $3000
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:29:20 PM EST
2 or 4 door?

Pics?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:10:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:30:07 PM EST
Thanks a bunch 1shot. Her's is a white 4 door and I guess it'd be somewhere between good and excellent condition. Frankly I'm not sure how to distinguish between them. Our plan is for her to try and sell it locally for a little while. If she doesn't get any solid bites then I'll come down another trip and do the best job of detailing I can manage and we'll take it to a classic car show and see if she gets any offers.

I got to looking it over this afternoon and it's actually got one of those Eaton AC units under the dash. Been a LONG time since I saw one of those.

If I knew how to post pic's I'd put a few up but I'm lost as to how to do that. When I try, the site asks for a url but since the pics are on her computer, there's no url. Oh well, I really appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:25:24 AM EST
go to photobucket.com and make an account. upload the pictures there, and paste in the URL from there, it will host them for you and we can see them!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:27:38 PM EST
Non original (due to different heads) engine AND a 4 door to boot?

IF it was all original, and IF the body is close to mint with no paint work needed, no rust and only the minor scratch or three, and the car was super low mileage, you might see $6K

The way you describe it, it is just another run of the mill galaxie sedan and worth MAYBE $2500, and it would have to be pretty damn clean to get that.

There really is no market for a small engine sedan
Top Top